Author Topic: Rolling Thunder  (Read 43190 times)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Re: Rolling Thunder
« Reply #275: May 30, 2016, 09:41:44 AM »
Someone asked why there was a delay at the rear of the group leaving the Pentagon and was told two bikes wrecked each other on the bridge...enough that there were injuries.  Hope it was nothing serious.

A guy cut the corner heading out, hit the curb and went down.    No harm no foul.   They helped him get upright and off he went.   I have a picture of the curb encounter aftermath.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #276: May 30, 2016, 11:25:58 AM »
Someone on a motorcycle did die yesterday according to the Post. :(

A guy cut the corner heading out, hit the curb and went down.    No harm no foul.   They helped him get upright and off he went.   I have a picture of the curb encounter aftermath.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #278: May 30, 2016, 03:08:13 PM »
2016 Rolling Thunder:

Photo credit #mitlen

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #279: May 30, 2016, 03:13:15 PM »
Thanks for the pics, my daughter said it was just awesome to see!

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #280: May 30, 2016, 03:44:57 PM »
I'm embarrassed that Trump showed up for a portion of Rolling Thunder.     There is no place for politics in this "demonstration".     Where the hell was Trump when it was time to serve?    Trump and Cheney are butt buddies.

EDIT:   And to be bi-partisan  ....  Bill Clinton too.

Trump didn't just show up, he was invited to speak by the group that organizes RT.  I don't get it, how can they back a guy who insulted POWs, lied about raising funds for veterans, and cited 'venereal disease' as his own personal Vietnam when he was avoiding the draft?

Offline mitlen

« Reply #281: May 30, 2016, 03:50:46 PM »
Trump didn't just show up, he was invited to speak by the group that organizes RT.  I don't get it, how can they back a guy who insulted POWs, lied about raising funds for veterans, and cited 'venereal disease' as his own personal Vietnam when he was avoiding the draft?

I know.   I left that part out on purpose.   Tried not to make it too political and be abused by "Chief" or the global moderators.    :)      It's my understanding that the head of the Rolling Thunder official organization is a Trump supporter.    One of the reasons I quit riding a while back was his support for George W. Bush.    It isn't so much who he supports as much as he mixes it all together.    There was a deuce and a half in the "demonstration" and it had "Make America Great Again" on it.    Almost "lost" the beverages I had consumed.

Offline HalfSmokes

Offline Mr Clean

« Reply #284: May 30, 2016, 05:22:06 PM »
Trump on war heroes:

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #285: May 30, 2016, 05:24:33 PM »

I really would appreciate it if you folks would stop freaking up this thread with your political crap and take it elsewhere.

Thanks...

Offline mitlen

« Reply #286: May 30, 2016, 06:07:25 PM »
Every year at Rolling Thunder, I like to pick out the tee shirt of the day.    This year, the guy wearin' it was a big fella.    The shirt had in big bold letters:

DON'T THANK ME

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #287: May 30, 2016, 06:24:52 PM »
Every year at Rolling Thunder, I like to pick out the tee shirt of the day.    This year, the guy wearin' it was a big fella.    The shirt had in big bold letters:

DON'T THANK ME

My bride bought me a "Yes, Dear" t-shirt for Xmas one year.  I wear it from time to time thinking that it may disuade her from buying an "I'm with stupid" t-shirt for herself...

Offline mitlen

« Reply #288: May 30, 2016, 07:12:12 PM »
Virginia vets (may also be true in other places):    DMV offers a Veteran's ID.    $10 (with some caveats) gets you an ID as a vet.   It's good for discounts, etc. in many establishments.   Some of the old farts, er I mean vets, were sittin' around talkin' about it.    I never heard of it but I'm gonna get one.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #289: May 30, 2016, 07:15:33 PM »
Dude - I didn't know you were an old fart

Virginia vets (may also be true in other places):    DMV offers a Veteran's ID.    $10 (with some caveats) gets you an ID as a vet.   It's good for discounts, etc. in many establishments.   Some of the old farts, er I mean vets, were sittin' around talkin' about it.    I never heard of it but I'm gonna get one.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #290: May 30, 2016, 07:25:48 PM »
I really would appreciate it if you folks would stop freaking up this thread with your political crap and take it elsewhere.

Thanks...
It's Trump's fault. He started it.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #291: May 30, 2016, 07:26:24 PM »
Go for it.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #292: May 30, 2016, 07:32:44 PM »
Dude - I didn't know you were an old fart

Of course, I meant the other guys.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #293: May 30, 2016, 07:36:44 PM »
Go for it.

Missus is a vet as well.   We're gonna see if we can double down on some discounts.    It can be like double coupons.    :)

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #294: May 30, 2016, 07:43:13 PM »
Missus is a vet as well.   We're gonna see if we can double down on some discounts.    It can be like double coupons.    :)
Never hurts to ask. Plus when you forget yours she can bail you out.

:old: :old:

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #295: May 30, 2016, 08:25:52 PM »
My Vark - you are so tempermental ....

Thanks...

Offline mitlen

« Reply #296: May 30, 2016, 08:40:43 PM »
My Vark - you are so tempermental ....

He's old.    :old:

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.