Author Topic: The last thing in the world I wanted was a Dan Uggla Grand Slam, and yet...  (Read 2706 times)

Offline Teddy-Roosevelt

• LetTeddyWin.com
    • Presidents race gear including official TM Let Teddy Win shirts and rally signs.
The last thing in the world I wanted was a Dan Uggla Grand Slam, and yet this is the greatest highlight in the history of sports:

http://deadspin.com/phillies-fans-reactions-to-dan-ugglas-grand-slam-are-am-1563288296

Offline ¡Vamos Ramos!

This is everything  :hysterical:

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
This is everything  :hysterical:

(Image removed from quote.)

Like the guy in the gray shirt, "Oh crap!"      :lol:

Offline Teddy-Roosevelt

• LetTeddyWin.com
    • Presidents race gear including official TM Let Teddy Win shirts and rally signs.
GIF is OK, but the slo-mo to music is priceless

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Agreed, sooo funny lol

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness

Instant Classic...

Offline cowpunk

• schadenfreude
Was waiting for someone to chuck a battery

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Not like it would damage Uggla if they did. He'd do a forearm shiver and the battery would change trajectory.

Was waiting for someone to chuck a battery

Offline Natsinpwc

As a long-time Phillies fan, I could tell you I was ready to throw a battery at the TV or at least a picture of JD Drew but reality was I turned the channel because I knew what was coming.  The only good thing is I hope this means Ruben Amaro (or as he is know Ruin Tomorrow) will be gone at the end of this year.  More interesting was earlier in the game Jimmy Rollins sacrificing a runner to thrid with one out.  Most of these guys other than Utley just don't care anymore.  2008 and 2009 were nice but far in the rear view mirror. 

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
As a long-time Phillies fan, I could tell you I was ready to throw a battery at the TV or at least a picture of JD Drew but reality was I turned the channel because I knew what was coming.  The only good thing is I hope this means Ruben Amaro (or as he is know Ruin Tomorrow) will be gone at the end of this year.  More interesting was earlier in the game Jimmy Rollins sacrificing a runner to thrid with one out.  Most of these guys other than Utley just don't care anymore.  2008 and 2009 were nice but far in the rear view mirror. 

Ruin tomorrow is hilarious  - well done

I've got lots of relatives in your neck of the woods and they're pretty miserable these days

suffice to say - we know how you feel

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan

Offline GburgNatsFan

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
I thought to ask the same thing, then decided not to.

Me too, I didn't want to point out that he had inadvertently blew his cover  8)  :mg:

Offline Natsinpwc

no cover, just the facts.

never bring any batteries to Nats Park except the small ones in the smart phone

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
I sent this link to my lovely daughter and this is her thought on it:

Philadelphia sports fans are the worst, comparable only to Baltimore ones. I'm glad to see them have to suck it up!!

Offline Natsinpwc

I'm shocked...first I have ever heard anything like that.   ;)

Offline GburgNatsFan

Curious about your username. Not a Nats fan, but a Phils fan?

no cover, just the facts.

never bring any batteries to Nats Park except the small ones in the smart phone

Offline Natsinpwc

Curious about your username. Not a Nats fan, but a Phils fan?
I have been here for a long time and been attending nats games since the start

Offline TigerFan

• A split allegiance is still an allegiance
Against the philthies?

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.

If I remember correctly, you explained all this a long time ago.   No need to do it again.   Go Nats !

Offline GburgNatsFan

Mixed fandom seems acceptable as long as the teams aren't in the same division.  But to each their own, I guess.  I personally couldn't stand the internal tension.

Against the philthies?

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Sorry Natsinpwc I don't think I saw wherever you had explained your fandom before and it just threw me because most of us dual fans don't have just "nats" in our name but whatever it doesn't matter at all, I wasn't pickin' on ya and I totally understand the dual fandom :)

Offline GburgNatsFan

I'd be psychotic if I tried to follow two teams in the same division. I mean, for instance, in my youth I followed the Mets, and I wish them well against every team but the Nats, but I want the Nats to go 19-0 against them this year. Every year.

Sorry Natsinpwc I don't think I saw wherever you had explained your fandom before and it just threw me because most of us dual fans don't have just "nats" in our name but whatever it doesn't matter at all, I wasn't pickin' on ya and I totally understand the dual fandom :)