Author Topic: I *love* this logo... I *wish* it were the Nats' primary one  (Read 5035 times)

Offline HalfSmokes

I like the curly w, if anythibg, I'd go with the script Washington from the greys

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
What would you say to the script Nationals (the one in my avatar) on the home uni? We are starting to see it everywhere now. It would fit perfectly with what they have now.

That would be nice as long as they kept the :w: as well.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
Anaheim's monochrome logo on the July 4th hats looks nice, but they're mostly meh. Houston's is especially odd. A star in a star. Toronto's really should be white with a red bill.

Offline Dave301

That would be nice as long as they kept the :w: as well.
Yeah I would keep the  :w: on the red alt. I'm already used to it on the home uni, but that script Nationals looks very sharp. It looks sharp on the on-field jacket they wear, and it already fits with everything else perfectly. I would also lose the piping as well.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Yeah I would keep the  :w: on the red alt. I'm already used to it on the home uni, but that script Nationals looks very sharp. It looks sharp on the on-field jacket they wear, and it already fits with everything else perfectly. I would also lose the piping as well.

Agreed on the piping...never did like it on any uniform...

Offline madj55

What would you say to the script Nationals (the one in my avatar) on the home uni? We are starting to see it everywhere now. It would fit perfectly with what they have.
That's exactly what I want. Home whites with the cursive Nationals script, away greys with the cursive Washington script, and the Curly W's on the alternates is perfect.

And I did notice that the Majestic jackets the coaches wear in the dugouts have changed from the Curly W on the chest to the Nationals cursive script. Just a thought, but maybe they're thinking about bringing in a Nationals cursive script jersey for the 10th anniversary season next year.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
What would you say to the script Nationals (the one in my avatar) on the home uni? We are starting to see it everywhere now. It would fit perfectly with what they have.
Would you drop the pin stripe and have Nationals run across the chest, or would you keep the pin stripe and have that as a patch on one side of the front?  I don't like having the pin stripe run through it, and I'm not sure if the off-set works for that many letters.

Offline Dave301

Would you drop the pin stripe and have Nationals run across the chest, or would you keep the pin stripe and have that as a patch on one side of the front?  I don't like having the pin stripe run through it, and I'm not sure if the off-set works for that many letters.
Yeah I would drop the piping with the cursive Nationals running across. It would look too much like the Braves and Mets with it anyway.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
Additional red jersey with script Nationals on it like Dave301's avatar. No piping and all red caps.

Offline axman

I'd love it if that Nats wore Expos throwback on Canada Day.

:thumbs:

And please, enough with the curly W--its curly over-kill!  Keep it, but diversify from time-to-time. Curly on the cap, curly on the jersey front, curly on the sleeve. I really liked the 2005 logo with the baseball and the capitol dome. They should have done a sleeve patch this year for either the 10th season since baseball's return to DC or the 90th anniversary of our WS win.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over

:thumbs:

And please, enough with the curly W--its curly over-kill!  Keep it, but diversify from time-to-time. Curly on the cap, curly on the jersey front, curly on the sleeve. I really liked the 2005 logo with the baseball and the capitol dome. They should have done a sleeve patch this year for either the 10th season since baseball's return to DC or the 90th anniversary of our WS win.
The curly :w: isn't going to be toned down. As I recall, management ditched the Fuddruckers font jerseys in favor of the :w: for the very reason that they wanted to develop the :w: as the symbol of the team. It's called building a brand.

Offline axman

The curly :w: isn't going to be toned down. As I recall, management ditched the Fuddruckers font jerseys in favor of the :w: for the very reason that they wanted to develop the :w: as the symbol of the team. It's called building a brand.

I'm not saying they should go back to the original block font, but look around the league--no one is as redundant as the Nats--just change up the sleeve patch.  Even the occasional DC logo would be good.  They have to balance building a brand (which is actually a bit hard for them to do with a curly w--I've heard plenty of folks confuse it with Walgreen's or Wegmans) with marketing and merchandising.

Offline madj55

I'm not saying they should go back to the original block font, but look around the league--no one is as redundant as the Nats--just change up the sleeve patch.  Even the occasional DC logo would be good.  They have to balance building a brand (which is actually a bit hard for them to do with a curly w--I've heard plenty of folks confuse it with Walgreen's or Wegmans) with marketing and merchandising.
Yep, I was at a Walgreens in NOVA wearing a Nats hat and someone asked me for help as if I worked there. The Curly W has been overkilled.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Seriously, i did get a lot of Wegmans comments when I was in Boston since they just opened a big new store in my Dad's neighborhood.

I liked the DC logo and wished it was used more.

Offline HalfSmokes

The w seems more classic, the dc logo just never looked right to me

Offline madj55

Seriously, i did get a lot of Wegmans comments when I was in Boston since they just opened a big new store in my Dad's neighborhood.

I always liked the DC logo on the sleeve.

If we could change the script on the jersey above to the cursive Nationals, that look would be pretty sweet.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
I doubt we'll see non-script logos or text associated with the Nats again. Everything has to match the :w:.

Offline Copecwby20

I always liked the DC logo on the sleeve.
(Image removed from quote.)

If we could change the script on the jersey above to the cursive Nationals, that look would be pretty sweet.

That logo looks like a skate company knockoff logo.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.

Wegmans or Walgreens. I liked the DC logo too.

Offline stealyerbase

• YUMMY! Good for you too!
The DC logo rocks! I've said it before, I say it again; still my favorite. I'm glad they've ditched the block letter "Nationals".  That was truly a cheesy look. My favorite uniform was the blue jersey with the stars and stripes DC. Nice change of pace and great to use sparingly. Absence made my heart grow fonder!
I like the   :w:  but I'd like to see the DC logo sprinkled back in some more.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
http://shop.mlb.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=41344386&cp=41343676

Stars and Stripes Collection.  They're not using the Navy Blues on the 4th?  Really?

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
http://shop.mlb.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=41344386&cp=41343676

Stars and Stripes Collection.  They're not using the Navy Blues on the 4th?  Really?
The stars in the background of blue numbers looks like a girls' softball uniform.