Author Topic: Where is Zimmerman killing us more - 2015, continued?  (Read 16837 times)

Offline Optics

Man I miss young Ryan Zimmerman. Dude was a wizard with the glove at 3B. Now everytime a groundball goes his way I have to hold my breath.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX

Offline PC

"This is three plays, and three spring plays at that, and so this isn’t a fair sample."

You think? 

Offline nobleisthyname

Man I miss young Ryan Zimmerman. Dude was a wizard with the glove at 3B. Now everytime a groundball goes his way I have to hold my breath.

Offline PC

Zimmerman is out of the lineup again today (according to Zuckerman).  Is he injured again?  He didn't play against the Cardinals yesterday either.

He's the only regular who hasn't started yesterday or today.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Zimmerman is out of the lineup again today (according to Zuckerman).  Is he injured again?  He didn't play against the Cardinals yesterday either.

He's the only regular who hasn't started yesterday or today.

During the broadcast yesterday, the announcers said Zim and LaRoche were scheduled to play in a minor league game while the bigs played the Cards.

Offline PC

During the broadcast yesterday, the announcers said Zim and LaRoche were scheduled to play in a minor league game while the bigs played the Cards.

OK but that doesn't explain why he's the only regular not starting against the Mets today.  LaRoche is in the lineup.  Rendon is at 3rd and Espnosa is at 2nd.   :?

I can't pretend to be optimistic about his shoulder anymore.  Watching him try to play third base is too much.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
The game is on TV, they're hiding him.

Offline PC

Mark Zuckerman @ZuckermanCSN
Ryan Zimmerman not playing today because of stomach illness. Matt Williams says he'll play Saturday in DC.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Ryan Zimmerman not playing today because of stomach illness. Matt Williams says he'll play Saturday in DC.

Doubtful he plays Saturday based upon the forecast...a 100% chance of rain, and it looks to be an all day affair...

Offline Slateman

100% of rain? YOu mean 100% chance of awesome training

Offline Ray D

Doubtful he plays Saturday based upon the forecast...a 100% chance of rain, and it looks to be an all day affair...
They're going to need to play it Sunday then.  Don't want to start the season following three off days.  (Detroit is off Sunday.)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
If a regular is hurt late in the spring, then clubs sometimes will not play them in major league paid attendance exhibitions so that they can back date their DL stint to the last  day they played before a paying audience.  You'll see this a lot with pitchers. Sox are doing this with Craig Breslow and a few others.

Offline Slateman

I can't pretend to be optimistic about his shoulder anymore.  Watching him try to play third base is too much.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with this. Until he makes me a believer, I'm going to doubt. I understand he may never be 2010 again, but if he can't duplicate 2008 UZR levels, he's more valuable to us at first base.

Offline Slateman

Apparently he wasn't sick enough to not do an interview with the ESPN crew

/season

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Zimm plays a grand total of 2 innings at 1st this spring.

Offline Slateman

Throwing error number 1

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!

Offline Slateman

We going to keep doing this? Either trade Laroche or bench Zim

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
we can't go through a whole season of Zimm not being able to make a plain, clean, normal, routine throw from third to first.

we just can't.

something has to give.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
I'm one of Zimmerman's most ardent defenders but unless he is hitting the heck out of the ball he needs to be spending some games at first and some time on the bench.

I'd almost rather Espinosa's sure glove and awful bat. Almost.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Seriously, it's inexcusable - at this point it's just a joke that's not remotely funny anymore

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
Williams moves Espi in, Rendon to 3rd, Zim out.

Hate to say it, but for the sake of pitching and defense that may need to be an automatic defensive sub for a while.

Bet we see Zim at first tomorrow.