Author Topic: Trash Talking (By an Orioles fan?)  (Read 6223 times)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Re: Trash Talking (By an Orioles fan?)
« Reply #25: February 16, 2014, 06:01:39 PM »
That's what I have been told also. Griffith did NOT oppose this franchise.

Decades from now people will be saying the same thing about Angelos.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #26: February 16, 2014, 06:23:08 PM »
To me, they are the IgnOrioles. Happy to have baseball in DC and happy to not need to fight the traffic to get to Bawlmore for a game.

Offline Ray D

« Reply #27: February 16, 2014, 06:29:58 PM »
By the way, when the expansion Senators moved to Texas, there were two American League teams who voted AGAINST the move.  White Sox were one. Guess who the other team was.

Offline Dave301

« Reply #28: February 16, 2014, 06:59:33 PM »
To me, they are the IgnOrioles. Happy to have baseball in DC and happy to not need to fight the traffic to get to Bawlmore for a game.
Every time I hop off at the Navy Yard stop and swipe my card at one of the ticket kiosk in front of Nats Park, I am still amazed at how easy it is to catch a ball game. I guess that comes from growing up without a hometown team.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #29: February 16, 2014, 07:17:12 PM »
Orioles fans have literally nothing to trash talk us about, except to say "LOL WE WERE HERE FIRST" or some such

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #30: February 16, 2014, 08:09:41 PM »
Decades from now people will be saying the same thing about Angelos.

Decades from now an even more wizened Angelos will still be clinging to life via stem cells he ingests eating infants, which he can buy with MASN money. :)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #31: February 16, 2014, 09:30:44 PM »
Orioles fans have literally nothing to trash talk us about, except to say "LOL WE WERE HERE FIRST" or some such

And even that would be false.   

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #32: February 16, 2014, 10:20:38 PM »
Just saw Nate McLouth wearing an Os uniform in a House of Cards episode where VP Underwood was supposed to throw out the first pitch at Camden Yards.  Sucks that they didn't film that at Nats Park. Whoever that chick was singing the anthem, we need to get her for days when DC Washington isn't available.

Currently binge watching House of Cards and about to read Field of Schemes, my last TV show and book before baseball season starts and I have no time for such distractions.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #33: February 16, 2014, 10:54:55 PM »
Ballmer boy 'weams' just posted: In my twisted way, I always think I do. I don't think the reality of the Nationals harm to Baltimore has been made clear. They are national media darlings run by ruthless men.

The 'ruthless men' as I think he refers upthread  are Bowden and Rizzo.

I thought the "ruthless men" were the Baltimore Orioles and the Boston Red Sox...poorly puctuated.

Offline NationalHeat

« Reply #34: February 16, 2014, 11:51:35 PM »
Just saw Nate McLouth wearing an Os uniform in a House of Cards episode where VP Underwood was supposed to throw out the first pitch at Camden Yards.  Sucks that they didn't film that at Nats Park. Whoever that chick was singing the anthem, we need to get her for days when DC Washington isn't available.

Currently binge watching House of Cards and about to read Field of Schemes, my last TV show and book before baseball season starts and I have no time for such distractions.

The show is filmed in Baltimore.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #35: February 17, 2014, 07:00:40 AM »

Doesn't mean they can't do some scenes in DC.

Offline mach1ne

« Reply #36: February 17, 2014, 12:34:22 PM »
Doesn't mean they can't do some scenes in DC.

In the intro they show Nats Park and South Capital Street underneath the Southeast Freeway .

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #37: February 17, 2014, 01:53:35 PM »
I went to lots of Orioles games as a kid.  The dicks I've been running into at OPACY in recent years have definitely done little to give me warm & fuzzies for present-day birdland, but they were the default local team for many of us who grew up here (at least in DC in Maryland). 

The funny part is that many Nats fans would still be rooting for the O's as their AL team if Angelos wasn't such a dick about keeping DC from getting a team. Now I hate them with passion strictly because of that. I will never set foot inside that overrated park.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #38: February 17, 2014, 01:54:29 PM »
Yes, I believe so. If you criticize the team too much, you get banned. No joke.

Now that there is The Fan Police.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #39: February 17, 2014, 02:17:48 PM »
Shouldn't this be in the out of town scoreboard?     Oreos' fans trash talking is no different than Mets' fans trashing us.   If anything, it's less meaningful.    At least the Mets are in our division/league.    Other than perhaps MASN comments, there is no other Balmer flotsam that should be allowed to wash up on "Clubhouse" threads.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #40: February 17, 2014, 02:50:13 PM »
Or put in a nude picture of Ms Balmer with curlers and cigarette and send it straight to uncensored.
Shouldn't this be in the out of town scoreboard?     Oreos' fans trash talking is no different than Mets' fans trashing us.   If anything, it's less meaningful.    As least the Mets are in our division/league.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #41: February 17, 2014, 02:52:37 PM »
Dressed for going down the ocean, Hon.
Or put in a nude picture of Ms Balmer with curlers and cigarette and send it straight to uncensored.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #42: February 17, 2014, 03:01:39 PM »
Shouldn't this be in the out of town scoreboard?     Oreos' fans trash talking is no different than Mets' fans trashing us.   If anything, it's less meaningful.    As least the Mets are in our division/league.    Other than perhaps MASN comments, there is no other Balmer flotsam that should be allowed to wash up on "Clubhouse" threads.

:clap: 

That or it should be deleted from existence along with the rest of Nats/birds fans. 

Offline Terps and Nats

• Wake me when the Braves series is over
« Reply #43: February 17, 2014, 03:20:12 PM »
The funny part is that many Nats fans would still be rooting for the O's as their AL team if Angelos wasn't such a dick about keeping DC from getting a team. Now I hate them with passion strictly because of that. I will never set foot inside that overrated park.

This...I grew up an O's fan, a pretty big one.  I always said DC should have a team, but I couldn't imagine rooting for them over the O's unless something significant happened.  Peter Angelos happened and the vigor with which he fought to keep a team out of DC totally soured me on him and his franchise.  My first Nats game was the exhibition game against the Mets in 05.  I feel in love with the nostalgia of RFK, baseball in DC, and the promise of everything new.  I watched most games on Directv that year, and I was hooked. 

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #44: February 17, 2014, 03:26:47 PM »

Driving to Baltimore from Virginia is a pain- definitly not worth taking kids to more than a couple of games a season.  Maybe he would have held onto Montgomery County,  but metro accessable/easy drive would have cost the Os fans Angelos or not

Offline jhuterp

« Reply #45: February 17, 2014, 04:43:22 PM »
The Browns moved into Senators territory.  Griffith was paid a couple hundred thousand to let it happen.  The ironic thing in this whole argument is "territories" only applied to teams in the same league (hence the Angels going into LA, the Mets into NYC etc.). 

Angelos' claim to DC, even his exclusive claim to the TV market has always been bogus (see Braves/TBS broadcasting into every market, including this one, up until 2007.   The Braves only stopped when TBS got the postseason deal w/MLB).

Now in fairness to O's fans, it looks like the poster in question caught a lot of flack on the O's board for his absurd post.....my experience has been most O's fans are okay re:the Nats, but the trash talkers tend to be the most vocal (and most ridiculous).  I love that the Nats get under the skin of the haters in Birdland.

Offline CynBeth

« Reply #46: February 17, 2014, 04:48:33 PM »
I love the O's and Nats!   

Offline Ray D

« Reply #47: February 17, 2014, 05:45:28 PM »

Wait a minute. Doesn't  the show "take place" in  DC?  Then what does it matter where it was filmed?  If it were filmed in Hollywood, would they show a Dodger player in a Dodger uniform?   Shame on them.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #48: February 17, 2014, 06:00:17 PM »
Driving to Baltimore from Virginia is a pain- definitly not worth taking kids to more than a couple of games a season.  Maybe he would have held onto Montgomery County,  but metro accessable/easy drive would have cost the Os fans Angelos or not

Of course, you're right. The O's were going to lose fans to the Nats no matter what. But he drove some other ones away strictly because of his dickishness toward DC getting a team. I get offered to go to at least a couple O's game each year and I turn them down strictly on principle.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #49: February 17, 2014, 06:24:17 PM »
There's probably more situational stock footage of the Orioles.

Wait a minute. Doesn't  the show "take place" in  DC?  Then what does it matter where it was filmed?  If it were filmed in Hollywood, would they show a Dodger player in a Dodger uniform?   Shame on them.