Author Topic: WNFF Blog (2014)  (Read 7955 times)

Offline Squab

• Global Moderator
  • I'm feeling a tear coming on.
WNFF Blog (2014)
« Topic Start: February 14, 2014, 05:28:59 PM »
I've been thinking it would be cool if the members of WNFF collaborated to write a blog that could go on the site (or at least link from the site).
Here are a few reasons why:
  • I frequently see users post longer and more well thought out ideas in a thread, but they don't usually get the attention they deserve.
  • It would be cool to have a place where the random questions that people ask that require some research could be answered.
  • It could be a nice outlet for people to express their opinions on a player or topic instead of just stating that they hate something. Controversial opinions could be explored in a neutral format.
  • The number of topics is huge, and could attract fans that weren't just Nats fans. For example, a good analysis of the recent Lobaton-Karns trade could be of general interest to a lot of baseball fans.
  • It would be a good way to attract people who've never seen the site before.
  • Honestly, who wouldn't like more Nats reading material?

My initial thought is that anyone could contribute with minimal peer review. No restriction either way on length beyond a couple of paragraphs, no restriction on content beyond general baseball (doesn't even need to be Nationals related, ie we could chime in on the Teheran extension). I find it hard to believe that an active community this size couldn't write 3 or 4 (or much more) interesting things a week.

The activity could vary, I could see posting only things that pertained to baseball a couple times a week, or perhaps game day thread summaries that incorporated the best quotes from our community. Maybe a mix of both.

It seems to me that there is a lot of potential for fun topics and a big community that could enjoy them.

Does this interest anyone? Any general thoughts?

While this idea did not get off the ground in 2014, the related idea of a partnership with a blog was brought up again in 2017.  The link: http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=34918.msg1818285#msg1818285 . I bumped this to show some of the ideas folks generated in the past. Please comment in the new thread. JCA