Author Topic: Beer, Beer, and More Beer  (Read 73598 times)

Offline Copecwby20

Re: Beer, Beer, and More Beer
« Reply #150: March 28, 2014, 04:27:45 PM »

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #151: March 28, 2014, 04:29:11 PM »
I love the Midas Touch by Dogfish.  What is that beer in the middle ?

(Image removed from quote.)

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #153: March 30, 2014, 02:21:54 PM »
I love the Midas Touch by Dogfish.  What is that beer in the middle ?

It's Kvasir by DFH. It's another one of their "Ancient Ales" of Nordic past. Cranberries, Lingonberries, Honey and Birch Syrup gave it a really good flavor.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #154: March 30, 2014, 02:34:00 PM »
A perfect drink for a nice stormy sail in a longboat before the sacking of Europe   

It's Kvasir by DFH. It's another one of their "Ancient Ales" of Nordic past. Cranberries, Lingonberries, Honey and Birch Syrup gave it a really good flavor.

Offline Mathguy

« Reply #155: March 30, 2014, 02:50:25 PM »
We had this new beer last night called Session IPA by Mystery Brewing Company http://www.mysterybrewing.com/
It had lots of flavor, but was only 3% alcohol.  The restaurant owner says many brewers are now trying to minimize alcohol level while keep flavor high

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #156: March 30, 2014, 06:06:27 PM »
We had this new beer last night called Session IPA by Mystery Brewing Company http://www.mysterybrewing.com/
It had lots of flavor, but was only 3% alcohol.  The restaurant owner says many brewers are now trying to minimize alcohol level while keep flavor high

:wtf:     :turrible:

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #157: March 30, 2014, 07:21:40 PM »
Alcohol and hops go well together, without the booze, hops just taste astringent- there is a reason hops oh flavor beer and novelty crap

Offline Mathguy

« Reply #158: March 31, 2014, 09:03:27 PM »
Since there will be more beer selections around Nats Park this year, does anyone know if the Nats improved the beer selection in the Red Loft this year ?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #159: March 31, 2014, 09:07:34 PM »
Since there will be more beer selections around Nats Park this year, does anyone know if the Nats improved the beer selection in the Red Loft this year ?

Adding to that, anyone know what cask beer will be on tap on Friday and where to go to try it?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #160: March 31, 2014, 09:09:34 PM »

Sorry, did my Porch beer thing and never glanced at the taps upstairs.  Some beer fan I am.       :-[

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #161: March 31, 2014, 11:38:25 PM »
The mere idea of cask beer at a ballpark makes me swoon...

Offline TigerFan

• A split allegiance is still an allegiance
« Reply #162: April 01, 2014, 12:13:52 AM »
Aren't you in PA?  I'm in Jersey so a meet up might not be as far as a trip to the district.

When HT becomes available from The Alchemist's new storefront, I'll make another trip up there to grab a case or two.

I am just outside Harrisburg and do make some trips to Philly if that might be convenient at some point.

Completely agree that HT is superior.  I might actually make a trip up to VT almost specifically for some HT, HF and to experience Vermont.

Offline Mathguy

« Reply #163: April 01, 2014, 09:46:04 PM »
When 2IPAs and Frau aren't looking, we can swoon together

The mere idea of cask beer at a ballpark makes me swoon...

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #164: April 01, 2014, 09:48:35 PM »
Ali, will you be at the game Friday?

Offline Dave B

« Reply #165: April 02, 2014, 05:15:10 PM »
Alcohol and hops go well together, without the booze, hops just taste astringent- there is a reason hops oh flavor beer and novelty crap

I've had a couple of them in the 4 to 5 % range. Not bad, especially for the purpose they serve: to drink a lot of them. Lagunitas and founders make versions.

I think I had something at Right Proper in the 2.5% range and it was ok. For when you want something between beer and water that isn't bud light. It's not a useless niche. Not to say that I found them watery

Offline Mathguy

« Reply #166: April 02, 2014, 07:25:57 PM »
Thanks Dave - we are going to Right Proper this weekend

I've had a couple of them in the 4 to 5 % range. Not bad, especially for the purpose they serve: to drink a lot of them. Lagunitas and founders make versions.

I think I had something at Right Proper in the 2.5% range and it was ok. For when you want something between beer and water that isn't bud light. It's not a useless niche. Not to say that I found them watery

Offline KingJeremy

« Reply #167: April 02, 2014, 08:17:09 PM »
Ommegang's third Game of Thrones is out as of 3/31, for you chile fans. Three different labels, one each of Daenerys' dragons. Slurp.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #168: April 02, 2014, 08:22:41 PM »
Ommegang's third Game of Thrones is out as of 3/31, for you chile fans. Three different labels, one each of Daenerys' dragons. Slurp.

I've never read or seen Game of Thrones, but I DO like chile in beer. Is it really spicy, or just a fun flavor note?

Offline KingJeremy

« Reply #169: April 02, 2014, 09:05:54 PM »
Not sure. I'll be picking one up after work tomorrow probably. But it's described as having "spicy notes" on its website: http://www.ommegang.com/got/fire_and_blood.php

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #170: April 02, 2014, 09:21:42 PM »
Had a couple of glasses of Immort Ale (Dogfish) tonight, draft.

VERY good.

Their description:

Pour this over pancakes. Vast in character, luscious and complex, Immort Ale was born at our brewpub in 1995 and made its way into bottles in 1997.

For this beer, we use maple syrup from Red Brook Farm (Sam's family farm in Western Massachusetts), peat-smoked barley and vanilla.

Immort is fermented with a blend of English and Belgian yeasts, then aged in the big oak tanks at the brewery.

The sweet and earthy flavors meld magnificently in the Immort Ale. But be warned, the ABV is 11%.
- See more at: http://www.dogfish.com/brews-spirits/the-brews/occassional-rarities/immort-ale.htm#sthash.WfK0NKXu.dpuf

Offline Mathguy

« Reply #171: April 02, 2014, 09:24:23 PM »
Has anyone been to Right Proper Brewing in the Shaw neighborhood ?  Can you tell what was good and not so good ?  We are going there for the first time Saturday.

Offline Mattionals

« Reply #172: April 03, 2014, 12:15:35 AM »
Who got their KBSes?  I got two today, and my boss home brewed an imitation that I'm getting tomorrow.  Still tracking down a case...

Also, as an aside, I bought a case of Westvletern 12 and I received it last week.  I'm willing to trade up to 4 of them for something really good like Black Tuesday, Chocolate Rain or Dark Lord.

Offline TigerFan

• A split allegiance is still an allegiance
« Reply #173: April 03, 2014, 12:47:57 AM »
I got 8 of the KBS in the online lottery.  My brother in law got them for me.  He informed me the pick up fee was 1 bottle.  I've got 7 left sadly.

Offline Dave B

« Reply #174: April 03, 2014, 06:18:47 AM »
Kbs?