Author Topic: Arod suspended 162 GAMES  (Read 7161 times)

Online blue911

Re: Arod suspended 162 GAMES
« Reply #75: November 06, 2014, 08:15:12 AM »
Athletes have been looking for an edge since the beginning of time. We have better drugs and testing now but nobody is even making a half-assed attempt to really catch abusers. Synthetic testosterone creams with a 10-15% strength, normal dosage for dopers, will not test positive after 96 hours, less if the player uses a masking agent i.e. Manny Ramirez. MLB tests players twice a year on average up to 12 times a year for known users. The average human has a better chance of being married to a Kardashian than the current system has of stopping PEDs. The hypocrisy is MLB touting the validity of it's anti-drug program.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #76: November 06, 2014, 08:21:39 AM »
Did Matt Williams ever apologize?

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #77: November 06, 2014, 08:48:22 AM »
Athletes have been looking for an edge since the beginning of time. We have better drugs and testing now but nobody is even making a half-assed attempt to really catch abusers. Synthetic testosterone creams with a 10-15% strength, normal dosage for dopers, will not test positive after 96 hours, less if the player uses a masking agent i.e. Manny Ramirez. MLB tests players twice a year on average up to 12 times a year for known users. The average human has a better chance of being married to a Kardashian than the current system has of stopping PEDs. The hypocrisy is MLB touting the validity of it's anti-drug program.
Along these lines, the two biggest outings of players are the testimony of the trainer (Radomski?) that formed the basis of much of the revelations (not rehash) in the Mitchell Report and the Hialeah clinic bust.  Neither of these were the result of the testing program, I think.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #78: November 06, 2014, 09:15:37 AM »

By the way, as for Ortiz's positive in 2003, I don't know the state of his admission or denials right now. My memory is that he admitted the positive test but could not explain why it was positive but thought it may have had to do with OTC supplements from the DR he had been using.  If that is truthful, it is less offensive than pettite et al, but if it is less than the truth, that makes him worse.  Maybe not quite the level of A-Rod, who clearly went back to using, but still worse than those guys who came clean.

:lmao: Of course you would. Ortiz is a freaking perpetual juicer but just like Giants fans who defended bonds the red sox douchebags do the same for him. So was Manny Ramirez.

So was Rodriguez snitching while he was denying publicly?

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #79: November 06, 2014, 09:16:45 AM »
They should have listened to Canseco.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #80: November 06, 2014, 09:18:28 AM »
I think there is a difference between say, Andy Pettitte, Brian Roberts and FP, and A-Rod. 

Is there a difference between robbing a bank and admitting it and robbing a bank and denying it?     ;)    Perhaps there's a difference in punishment but no difference in the deed.

Online skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #81: November 06, 2014, 10:24:00 AM »
Is there a difference between robbing a bank and admitting it and robbing a bank and denying it?     ;)    Perhaps there's a difference in punishment but no difference in the deed.

Exactly right, although what's that saying? "The cover up was worse than the crime" or something? I do think the guys who've been busted and immediately cop to it deserve to be thought of more favorably than guys who deny, deny, deny and throw lots of other people under the bus (a la Ryan Braun), but yea if you think one's a cheater then they're all cheaters. 

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #82: November 06, 2014, 10:36:27 AM »
Exactly right, although what's that saying? "The cover up was worse than the crime" or something? I do think the guys who've been busted and immediately cop to it deserve to be thought of more favorably than guys who deny, deny, deny and throw lots of other people under the bus (a la Ryan Braun), but yea if you think one's a cheater then they're all cheaters. 

they guys who get caught cop to it because they've been caught- if they copped to it a week earlier they deserve credit.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #83: November 06, 2014, 10:38:12 AM »
By the way, as for Ortiz's positive in 2003, I don't know the state of his admission or denials right now. My memory is that he admitted the positive test but could not explain why it was positive but thought it may have had to do with OTC supplements from the DR he had been using.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

David Arias was a juicer.

Online skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #84: November 06, 2014, 10:38:46 AM »
they guys who get caught cop to it because they've been caught- if they copped to it a week earlier they deserve credit.

very true, I don't think any of them deserve any credit but again the public perception is just better if you just admit to it and move on instead of trying to blame everyone and their brother while denying it all. 

Offline spidernat

« Reply #85: November 06, 2014, 10:50:38 AM »

:clap:

:clap:

very true, I don't think any of them deserve any credit but again the public perception is just better if you just admit to it and move on instead of trying to blame everyone and their brother while denying it all. 

And in reality the ones who "admit it after they've been caught" are still lying because they usually say they tried it once or this and that but never actually admit the extent of their cheating and use.

Online skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #86: November 06, 2014, 10:56:55 AM »
And in reality the ones who "admit it after they've been caught" are still lying because they usually say they tried it once or this and that but never actually admit the extent of their cheating and use.

yea that's probably definitely true, but at the very least they're not trying to bring other people down with them, didn't Arod sell out his own cousin?  Arod just always got it all wrong, whoever does his PR work just doesn't do a very good job with him. 

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #87: November 06, 2014, 10:58:36 AM »

you mean you don't believe the great andy pettite

Offline spidernat

« Reply #88: November 06, 2014, 11:15:44 AM »
you mean you don't believe the great andy pettite

:lmao:  freak no

yea that's probably definitely true, but at the very least they're not trying to bring other people down with them, didn't Arod sell out his own cousin?  Arod just always got it all wrong, whoever does his PR work just doesn't do a very good job with him. 

Yeah Braun is in a league by himself. But don't get it twisted on the selling out his own cousin when it comes to Rodriguez. I wouldn't be surprised if the cousin agreed to be thrown under the bus in exchange for compensation.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #89: November 06, 2014, 11:18:29 AM »

By the way, as for Ortiz's positive in 2003, I don't know the state of his admission or denials right now. My memory is that he admitted the positive test but could not explain why it was positive but thought it may have had to do with OTC supplements from the DR he had been using. and rather than 'fess up he cynically concocted what he thought would be a plausible innocent intent scenario, calculated to provide doubt in people's minds so that they could rationalize putting it on the mental back burner.  

Fixed.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #90: November 06, 2014, 11:27:00 AM »
And the boston/ESPN media cooperated.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #91: November 06, 2014, 12:07:27 PM »

see: Roberts, Brian

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #92: November 06, 2014, 12:52:48 PM »
100% chance the boston/national media has no interest in crucifying or even saying one negative thing about david ortiz. most of the media isn't interested in investigating things, just tweeting out lineups and glorifying players

he's one of those guys that the media is so in love with they just want to prop him up at all costs

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #93: November 06, 2014, 02:03:51 PM »
Trade for A-Rod.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #94: November 06, 2014, 02:28:11 PM »

he's one of those guys that the media is so in love with they just want to prop him up at all costs

Exactly and he managed this by being buddies with a lot of them and being "accessible".

Offline spidernat

« Reply #95: November 06, 2014, 02:30:09 PM »
Trade for A-Rod.

Harper for Rodriguez? That would kill two birds with one stone. Imagine the outrage from Harper's BH if that were to happen.  :lmao:  But it would only last a little while and he'd have his yankee stripes Harper jersey order in by the end of business that same day.

Offline Mr Clean

Online blue911

« Reply #97: November 06, 2014, 03:34:42 PM »