Author Topic: Arod suspended 162 GAMES  (Read 7188 times)

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Re: Arod suspended 162 GAMES
« Reply #50: January 13, 2014, 06:46:50 PM »
bowden writes on espn.com that the yankees should shift jeter to 3rd and play brendan ryan at SS while positioning themselves to make a run at either Headly or Panda before the trade deadline or in the off-season.  he thinks panda goes to the yankees next year if not sooner.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #51: January 16, 2014, 02:14:05 PM »
bowden writes on espn.com that the yankees should shift jeter to 3rd and play brendan ryan at SS while positioning themselves to make a run at either Headly or Panda before the trade deadline or in the off-season.  he thinks panda goes to the yankees next year if not sooner.

Bowden can write? "He thinks"???

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #52: January 20, 2014, 01:48:52 PM »
Jeter can't throw that far. Jeter should have been playing second base for the last ten years. Arod would have slotted in to SS and Cano could have played third.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #53: January 20, 2014, 01:49:05 PM »
So maybe someone can explain this to me.

MLB and the MLBPA have a CBA that outlines a PED policy. In it, there are set punishments for violating the PED policy. First offense is 50 games, second is 100, third is a lifetime ban. These are the established punishments.

Most of the players received the 50 game, first time offense suspension. Ryan Braun was given the remainder of the season, most likely because he was linked to PEDs before and got off on a technicality. He "cut a deal" with MLB and got 65 games.

A-Rod did not cut a deal and was given the arbitrary suspension of 211 games. This was then reduced to a full season. There is nothing in the CBA that holds this as a punishment for PED use. Furthermore, MLB counted everyone else who was involved with Biogenesis as a single offense, thus the 50 game suspension. Rodriguez has no previous PED infraction, at least, to my knowledge. Much of this evidence is based on Bosche, whom MLB was threatening with a lawsuit unless he testified against ARod. MLB treats Biogensis involvement like a first time offense for the majority of the players, makes it count as a second offense for Braun but then bends the rules to make nice, and decides, freak it for ARod and pulls 211 games out their ass because he didn't want to admit to it.

So how can MLB and an arbiter ignore the CBA and assign a punishment that, at best seems arbitrary, and at worst, seems like a huge favor to the New York Yankees?

Look, I don't believe Rodriguez is innocent in any of this. I have no doubt the guy did PEDs. I just find it all to convenient that he's dealing with an injury and a waning career right as the Yankees are pretty desperate to be rid of the idiotic contract they signed him to.

Offline sph274

« Reply #54: January 20, 2014, 02:07:58 PM »
yea i think arod is gonna take MLB to court and eventually get his money. the player's union will back him. the arb system is a joke, mlb fired the last guy who didnt give them the ruling they wanted. arod was right when he called it a joke. they are totally shafting him cause the yanks need to get under the luxury cap and Selig can pretend like he cleaned up MLB right before he retires. people hate arod so nobody really cares

Offline Slateman

« Reply #55: January 20, 2014, 02:52:13 PM »
Wait, who did they fire?

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #56: January 20, 2014, 03:15:07 PM »
Wait, who did they fire?
I think they fired the guy who ruled in favor of Ryan Braun in his first PED bust.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #57: January 20, 2014, 03:24:55 PM »
the arb system is a joke, mlb fired the last guy who didnt give them the ruling they wanted.

that's how it goes, when either side puts up a fight and looses, they fire the arbitrator.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #58: January 20, 2014, 05:12:40 PM »
I think MLB's argument is this suspension is outside the drug testing policy because it was based on evidence other than a test.  I don't know if they invoked the good conduct clause or not, but that might be a way to impose a penalty like this.  PEDs were already banned before the testing policy, so they may claim they are proceeding under the old provisions.  No knowing labor law, I think what MLBPA will argue is that because the drug testing policy was a subject of collective bargaining, it became the exclusive way to penalize over drug violations.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #59: January 20, 2014, 07:32:01 PM »
Arod didn't even testify.  When Selig didn't show up, he acted like a 2 yr old, had a temper tantrum and walked out.  You want to prove your point?  Stick around and testify.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #60: November 05, 2014, 05:19:47 PM »
Arod apparently confessed to the Feds back in January about having taking 'roids, all the while asserting (lying) his innocence publically.

Shocking.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/mlb/article3578762.html

For 21 tumultuous months, New York Yankees superstar Alex Rodriguez has defiantly maintained he never used banned substances from a Coral Gables anti-aging clinic, that he is the victim of a Major League Baseball “witch hunt,” and that he would fight to the end to clear his name.

But in a Drug Enforcement Administration conference room back in January, facing federal agents and prosecutors who granted him immunity, baseball’s highest-paid player admitted everything:

Yes, he bought performance-enhancing drugs from Biogenesis of America, paying roughly $12,000 a month to Anthony Bosch, the fake doctor who owned the clinic. Yes, Bosch gave him pre-filled syringes for hormone injections into the ballplayer’s stomach, and even drew blood from him in the men’s room of a South Beach nightclub. And yes, the ballplayer’s cousin, Yuri Sucart, was his steroid go-fer.

When it was over, Rodriguez emerged from the Weston, Fla., conference room with his New York criminal defense lawyer, and has stood by his denials to this day. His attorney, Joseph Tacopina, could not be reached for comment Wednesday morning.

Alex Rodriguez told Drug Enforcement Administration agents and federal prospectors that Antonio Bosch sold him pre-filled syringes loaded with hormones, which the ballplayer injected into his stomach. Bosch also advised him on how to beat MLB drug tests. | Kathy Willens/AP

This is Alex Rodriguez’s never-before-revealed confession.

etc.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #61: November 05, 2014, 07:39:22 PM »
Arod apparently confessed to the Feds back in January about having taking 'roids, all the while asserting (lying) his innocence publically.

Shocking.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/mlb/article3578762.html

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Offline spidernat

« Reply #62: November 05, 2014, 07:43:02 PM »
They were probably just "diet injections".

I can't wait for the self righteous posts about what a cheater he is all the while rooting for players on the orioles who are juicers or loving other players who have previously been caught juicing.  :stir:

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #63: November 05, 2014, 07:53:26 PM »
They were probably just "diet injections".

I can't wait for the self righteous posts about what a cheater he is all the while rooting for players on the orioles who are juicers or loving other players who have previously been caught juicing.  :stir:

Like Mikey Morse?

Offline spidernat

« Reply #64: November 05, 2014, 08:11:02 PM »
Like Mikey Morse?

Exactly but don't forget other birds who are known juicers.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #65: November 05, 2014, 08:11:54 PM »
But on topic, Rodriguez has to be one of the most clueless delusional idiots in the ever.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #66: November 05, 2014, 08:13:40 PM »
But on topic, Rodriguez has to be one of the most clueless delusional idiots in the ever.

I didn't read the poster but looked at the avatar.    I thought it was skippy posting.     :shock:

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #67: November 05, 2014, 08:34:08 PM »

I'm sure he's crying into his piles of money

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #68: November 05, 2014, 08:40:41 PM »
 :nts:

Offline Mr Clean

« Reply #69: November 05, 2014, 08:45:07 PM »
Also looks like he's ratting out his cousin.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #70: November 05, 2014, 09:29:47 PM »
Exactly but don't forget other birds who are known juicers.

Pudge?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #71: November 05, 2014, 09:53:33 PM »
Pudge?

Yeah but we rehabilitated those guys before we made them "Nats".  Even FP...

:P

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #72: November 06, 2014, 12:00:04 AM »
And our fearless leader

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #73: November 06, 2014, 12:39:09 AM »
ugh wtf who says publically

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #74: November 06, 2014, 08:01:18 AM »
I think there is a difference between say, Andy Pettitte, Brian Roberts and FP, and A-Rod.  The first three guys, while they did not step forward before the Mitchell Report, admitted to using, apologized, and have had no indication of repeat use for since.  A-Rod actively denied, then admitted to using stuff before he came to New York, then repeatedly denied when his name came out in connection with the aging clinic, attempted to buy the evidence (reportedly), and continued to lie publicly even after admitting under oath in imminized testimony.  It is the repeated active hypocisy that people can't stand.

By the way, as for Ortiz's positive in 2003, I don't know the state of his admission or denials right now. My memory is that he admitted the positive test but could not explain why it was positive but thought it may have had to do with OTC supplements from the DR he had been using.  If that is truthful, it is less offensive than pettite et al, but if it is less than the truth, that makes him worse.  Maybe not quite the level of A-Rod, who clearly went back to using, but still worse than those guys who came clean.