Author Topic: Avatar selector removed from Forum profile page  (Read 2252 times)

Offline nats2playoffs

Avatar selector removed from Forum profile page
« Topic Start: January 04, 2014, 01:37:17 PM »
By eliminating the Forum avatar selection list, my Ballboy avatar since 2005 disappeared.  I found a bad copy on ESPN's fantasy baseball page, but so far I can't find the avatar with a white background where he's tossing the ball up.
 :panic:    :panic:

I found it with a Google image search with ESPN's white background instead of the black background.

But WNFF converts it from gif to png, so he won't toss the ball anymore.
 :(

Offline blue911

Re: Avatar selector removed from Forum profile page
« Reply #1: January 04, 2014, 02:05:24 PM »
The first thing you should do is blame Nathan

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #2: January 04, 2014, 02:07:13 PM »
The first thing you should do is blame Nathan

The second is blame JCA but ...  never  ...  never .... write ill of The Chief.   :)

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #3: January 04, 2014, 02:22:46 PM »
The ultimate irony:
I copied my avatar from the Nationals' MLB board, which I and others left in droves in 2005, because it had virtually no moderators. (Ask kimnat.)

When that board finally allowed avatars, I copied my WNFF avatar, which they hardcoded.  So that one actually now works here too.  So I'm back. 

Maybe Gio and Strasburg need to get avatars from the MLB board to improve their pitching for 2014.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #4: January 04, 2014, 03:57:40 PM »
Put it in the smiley thread.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #5: January 06, 2014, 01:05:02 PM »
Apologies, N2P.  I didn't realize your avatar was in the forum gallery.  If you find a better quality copy, post a link to it and I'll resize it and upload it for you so that it still animates.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #6: January 06, 2014, 02:24:07 PM »
Apologies, N2P.  I didn't realize your avatar was in the forum gallery.  If you find a better quality copy, post a link to it and I'll resize it and upload it for you so that it still animates.
As I posted above, I found a site that has it. But the best one was where I copied it from WNFF years ago and uploaded it to the MLB message board.  MLB-DC eliminated the hot link and put their own code on it.  Another mod might have dug up the original WNFF code the other day, as it now has that.

It would be nice to change Ballboy's uniform to white or red and put a curly W on it. (He's looking in a mirror, as I'm right-handed.) But I like the fact that he tosses it up and down best, something that was unusual for avatars in 2005.  You still have to press CTRL-F5 sometimes to reactivate that.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #7: January 07, 2014, 04:15:37 PM »
BEHOLD, the AVATAR SELECTINATORRRRRRRRRR

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #8: January 08, 2014, 10:12:30 PM »
BEHOLD, the AVATAR SELECTINATORRRRRRRRRR

Where's the back story from Gimmelshtoop?