Author Topic: Potomac Nationals New Stadium - Fredericksburg!  (Read 44540 times)

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Re: Potomac Nationals New Stadium Watch
« Reply #175: September 19, 2017, 11:13:09 AM »
Silber and Corey Stewart looking for new locations in Prince William County after the previous deal collapsed:

http://www.insidenova.com/news/business/prince_william/keeping-p-nats-in-prince-william-owner-shopping-new-sites/article_9adc4790-94b0-11e7-b0ac-b3f4eb6feeb8.html

The article notes that Supervisor Candland says that independent league teams have expressed an interest in moving into Pfitzner should the P-Nats leave.  It still seems to me that the best course of action is simply to renovate the Pfitz to keep the P-nats.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #176: September 19, 2017, 01:55:18 PM »
Silber and Corey Stewart looking for new locations in Prince William County after the previous deal collapsed:

http://www.insidenova.com/news/business/prince_william/keeping-p-nats-in-prince-william-owner-shopping-new-sites/article_9adc4790-94b0-11e7-b0ac-b3f4eb6feeb8.html

The article notes that Supervisor Candland says that independent league teams have expressed an interest in moving into Pfitzner should the P-Nats leave.  It still seems to me that the best course of action is simply to renovate the Pfitz to keep the P-nats.
They also could build a new stadium right next door to the Pfitz. I believe both options have been explored. I think the basic problem is that Silber does not have that much $ and needs the county to put up most of it.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #177: September 19, 2017, 02:04:36 PM »
They also could build a new stadium right next door to the Pfitz. I believe both options have been explored. I think the basic problem is that Silber does not have that much $ and needs the county to put up most of it.

also, single A ball. Getting a local government to do something stupid for a major league baseball stadium is easy, when you're talking about single A, good luck

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #178: September 19, 2017, 02:08:41 PM »
also, single A ball. Getting a local government to do something stupid for a major league baseball stadium is easy, when you're talking about single A, good luck
It's fun but, yes, it's never going to bring in much money to the county.

Online imref

« Reply #179: September 19, 2017, 03:18:38 PM »

Yep.  He's again talking about raising private funds, but he wasn't able to do that before even after promising repeatedly that he had a deal for the naming rights.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #181: October 12, 2017, 04:57:50 PM »
so the bluff was called?

Online imref

« Reply #182: October 12, 2017, 05:02:18 PM »
just renovate the Pfitz and be done with it.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #183: October 12, 2017, 05:36:48 PM »
I’m wondering if the county can get away without even doing that. It seems like no one is jumping to build them a stadium

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #184: October 14, 2017, 08:48:35 PM »
just renovate the Pfitz and be done with it.
It will take millions $$$ to renovate the Pfitz.

They've had a waiver from the Carolina League for 3-4 years for failing to meet minimum standards. I doubt that the Carolina League  would extend them again after making zero progress the left 3-4 years.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #185: October 15, 2017, 04:52:13 PM »
It will take millions $$$ to renovate the Pfitz.

They've had a waiver from the Carolina League for 3-4 years for failing to meet minimum standards. I doubt that the Carolina League  would extend them again after making zero progress the left 3-4 years.
Probably; may depend on whether or not the league has another location lined up.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #186: October 15, 2017, 05:11:37 PM »
Probably; may depend on whether or not the league has another location lined up.

Sibler tried to get other locations to build him a stadium- none would.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #187: October 15, 2017, 05:19:11 PM »
Sibler tried to get other locations to build him a stadium- none would.
I meant does the Carolina League have another location to take its place.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #188: October 15, 2017, 05:21:41 PM »
My guess is if there was another location, it would have been used to threaten prince William into building a new stadium

Offline Elvir Ovcina

« Reply #190: October 18, 2017, 09:08:17 AM »
My guess is if there was another location, it would have been used to threaten prince William into building a new stadium

Agree.  It's pretty clear the Carolina League doesn't have cities banging down its door, or they would have had a second city (along with Kinston) ready to take the team that is in Buies Creek now pending the stadium in Fayetteville.  It's always seemed to me that the obvious solution here was for the Nats to buy the team and handle the stadium, but if that were in the cards it would have been done long ago.

Online imref

« Reply #191: October 19, 2017, 05:26:47 PM »
So about that lease to use the Pfitz:  "The Sheriff of Nottingham" blog reports that the cost of the P-Nats to use the Pfitz is that they must pay 71% of the electric bill.  That's it.  The county pays for everything else, and Silber gets all the revenues from parking, advertising, tickets, and concessions.

That's crazy.

https://sheriffofnottinghampwc.blogspot.com

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #192: October 30, 2017, 07:21:37 PM »
Who in their right mind would continue going to games there?  I knew people in PWC weren't the brightest bunch, but damn.

Online imref

« Reply #193: October 30, 2017, 09:54:04 PM »
Who in their right mind would continue going to games there?  I knew people in PWC weren't the brightest bunch, but damn.

We only go to see rehabbing Nats.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #194: November 02, 2017, 03:47:14 PM »
IF you've been to other minor league stadiums (stadia?), the Pfitz is really a bare bones venue. So many are much nicer.

Shame on Silber for the fraud that he has been perpetrating on the fans and the public that he is always just a short time away from getting a new sponsor or investor or tax break, etc., that will enable him to build a new venue for the fans.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #196: January 29, 2018, 09:22:42 PM »
Good luck with that

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #197: January 29, 2018, 09:33:37 PM »
http://www.insidenova.com/news/politics/prince_william/potomac-nationals-owner-in-stadium-talks-outside-of-prince-william/article_c9e11b5e-0514-11e8-94e7-6bcd91dff367.html

Coming to a county near you.  Maybe.

Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeriste don't come to Loudoun.    Our pols are incapable of doin' any deal that doesn't include a billion dollar "bribe".    I can't wait to see what they're offerin' Amazon.    We're still waitin' on the multi-function stadium (baseball, soccer, concerts, etc.) they promised 5 years ago.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #198: January 29, 2018, 10:15:01 PM »
Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeriste don't come to Loudoun.    Our pols are incapable of doin' any deal that doesn't include a billion dollar "bribe".    I can't wait to see what they're offerin' Amazon.    We're still waitin' on the multi-function stadium (baseball, soccer, concerts, etc.) they promised 5 years ago.
I think if the Single A Nationals are going to stay in the area the Lerners are going to have to put up some money.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #199: January 29, 2018, 10:18:36 PM »
I think if the Single A Nationals are going to stay in the area the Lerners are going to have to put up some money.

Our supes would throw him a couple of mil or so.      :money:     Maybe the Board would buy Dulles Town Center from the Lerners and call it a day.