Author Topic: ESPN Commentators  (Read 1429 times)

Offline saltydad

ESPN Commentators
« Topic Start: April 02, 2007, 12:29:12 AM »
Finished watching the Mets-Cardinals game on ESPN 2. Is it just me, or is Miller the most talkative annnouncer ever?  Finally had to turn the audio down so I could concentrate on the game. Guess I like my sportscasters of the minimalst variety.

nospinzone1

Re: ESPN Commentators
« Reply #1: April 02, 2007, 09:44:28 PM »
Finished watching the Mets-Cardinals game on ESPN 2. Is it just me, or is Miller the most talkative annnouncer ever?  Finally had to turn the audio down so I could concentrate on the game. Guess I like my sportscasters of the minimalst variety.

HE IS ONE OF MY ALLTIME FAVORITES IN ALL MY 70 YEARS OF LISTENING TO OTHER PBP MEN THAT DID NOT KNOW THEIR ARCES FROM ..... HE KNOWS HIS STUFF AND MORGAN IS JUST AS GOOD. MY ALL TIME FAVORITE TEAM OF ANNOUNCERS.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #2: April 02, 2007, 10:27:38 PM »
Baseball announcers have the toughest of all the announcing jobs -they have to make conversation during all the breaks. It's tough, and Miller/Morgan are alright

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #3: April 02, 2007, 10:46:38 PM »
I give the best announcer in the world award to Dodger announcer Vin Scully - if you ever have the priviledge of listening to this man's play-by-play...you will understand that there is no one more apple pie than good 'ol Vinnie.  I just wish he didn't work for some team in California.  Yuck!   :spaz:

I give the world's worst commentator to the balding fat penguin called Chris Berman.  Everytime I hear his annoying chicken-style home run call..."BECK-BECK-BECK-BECK-BECK-BECK!" I want to do serious harm to my expensive TV.   >:(

nospinzone1

« Reply #4: April 03, 2007, 05:01:49 PM »
HE IS ONE OF MY ALLTIME FAVORITES IN ALL MY 70 YEARS OF LISTENING TO OTHER PBP MEN THAT DID NOT KNOW THEIR ARCES FROM ..... HE KNOWS HIS STUFF AND MORGAN IS JUST AS GOOD. MY ALL TIME FAVORITE TEAM OF ANNOUNCERS.

they are the only duo that I know that can pronounce correctly hispanic names.

Offline saltydad

« Reply #5: April 07, 2007, 06:11:20 PM »
I love Morgan, and I agree Miller certainly seemed to know his stuff. I just am not a fan of the "fill the air constantly" school. I'll certainly agree that they're among the more knowledgable sportscasters, and Miller also has a beautiful air voice. I miss Scooter!

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #6: April 08, 2007, 10:12:50 AM »
Sens, you should listen to him during the home run derby.  Man, it's annoying.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #7: April 08, 2007, 02:44:57 PM »
Sens, you should listen to him during the home run derby.  Man, it's annoying.
I have and I agree.  Can't watch the HR derby because of him.

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
« Reply #8: April 10, 2007, 03:26:20 PM »
BErgman is great for football. NFL PRimetime highlights just wouldn't be the same without Bergman.

Offline saltydad

« Reply #9: April 27, 2007, 11:48:32 PM »
they are the only duo that I know that can pronounce correctly hispanic names.

Now I hear them call Rivera "Sow..ool" for Saul. Is this how it should be pronounced? My high school Spanish teacher was from the mountains in Colombia, and told me there are as many different ways to pronounce Spanish words as there are Spanish-speaking countries. :D

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #10: April 28, 2007, 04:08:04 AM »

Now I hear them call Rivera "Sow..ool" for Saul. Is this how it should be pronounced? My high school Spanish teacher was from the mountains in Colombia, and told me there are as many different ways to pronounce Spanish words as there are Spanish-speaking countries. :D
That is the proper pronunciation for Saul - every vowel in pronounced in Spanish.  If you have a word with two vowels...that's two syllables.

nospinzone1

« Reply #11: April 28, 2007, 09:46:24 AM »

I am not good at writing phonetically names but here goes the way i think it should sound: saool.... also everybody pronounce Tejada as tahada which means SLICE in Spanish. It should sound tehada. heck, if they can pronounce EL DUQUE, they should be able to prounce the easier ones btter. Dont they issue press guides with the right pronunciations? They used to in the old days. Charlie Brotman was impeccable. Charlie is one of my all time favorite persons in the world going back to Griffith Stadium.