Author Topic: Nats reward employees with trip to watch Cardinals in NLCS  (Read 3511 times)

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.

Offline Kevrock

Nice gesture, whatever blah blah, but not sure I would blast this out using social media.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
:doh: :smh:

I'd wager 100% of those people would've been happier with a bonus equivalent to the full cost of the trip.

Offline blue911

I know that Karen had received other rewards for being named Employee-of-the Year. IDK about the others

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX

I'd wager 100% of those people would've been happier with a bonus equivalent to the full cost of the trip.

Can't write that off on taxes bro

Offline houston-nat

I know that Karen had received other rewards for being named Employee-of-the Year.
Night out with Jayson Werth?

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
(Image removed from quote.)
Cool gesture. Wish they could be watching in Nats Park.

Offline NatsDad14

Why? After what the Cards did last year, I would never accept a trip to watch them play. If you wanted to reward the employees, send them to the games in LA not St Louis

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Why? After what the Cards did last year, I would never accept a trip to watch them play. If you wanted to reward the employees, send them to the games in LA not St Louis
Or just pay them the money

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.

Too cheap to fly 'em to LA and put 'em up in a hotel.      :mg:

Online HalfSmokes

Or just pay them the money

or give them NLCS tickets to put on stub hub

Offline Kevrock

I mean if you're an employee, you kinda have to accept something like this graciously.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
I mean if you're an employee, you kinda have to accept something like this graciously.

I'm curious what's covered now.  I'd eat like a king for every meal and not drop a dime in the park.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.

"I'd love to go Ted but I'm having open heart surgery."

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
That is an odd way of expressing thanks, no?  "You employees of the Nats are so awesome we're going to send you to watch ANOTHER team try to do what our team wanted to do, win the National League Pennant, woohooo!"  I mean, that's just a weird thank you gift.

Offline Optics

It would make more sense if it was in LA. That way even if you're not as interested in the baseball game, you can still spend time in sunny Hollywood. Who wants a trip to St. Louis?

Offline blue911

Only Phillie fans are allowed to visit Chavez Ravine.

Offline blue911

When a billionaire offers you a gift, you accept it.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Exactly what I was wondering.  Second prize is two trips to St Louis. 

Who wants a trip to St. Louis?

Offline blue911

I'd go but I don't work at a ball park.

Offline aspenbubba

Can't write that off on taxes bro

I don't know what accounting courses you took but wages , bonuses, Xmas gifts, meals , are all deductible even in Obama land ( for now).

Offline RL04

That is an odd way of expressing thanks, no?  "You employees of the Nats are so awesome we're going to send you to watch ANOTHER team try to do what our team wanted to do, win the National League Pennant, woohooo!"  I mean, that's just a weird thank you gift.

Agree.  The fact that it is St. Louis especially is kind of weird taste in my mouth.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Ridiculous, how about giving me a discount on my tickets instead of funding sweet heart giveaways for the service team?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter

Particularly when they get the 1099 forms.

Online HalfSmokes

Particularly when they get the 1099 forms.

no 1099 if they are just traveling to an industry event and it's not compensation (Otherwise, yea, they got screwed)