Author Topic: Barves: Knights Templar of Unwritten Rules and gutless anti-American douche bags  (Read 84027 times)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
braves are looking pretty good, it's going to be an interesting race this year.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
braves are looking pretty good, it's going to be an interesting race this year.

I'm waitin' for the cavalry (Eaton, Murphy, Robles, etc.) to arrive.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
:lmao:

What a bunch of jerks.
So where exactly do they place that Cobb in that county?

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Tweeted by Haley Mason of CBS46 in Atlanta:

BREAKING: Cobb County Police confirm a dead body was found in a freezer at Suntrust Park where the Atlanta Braves play. The deceased person was a third party contractor found by another person who works for that company. It’s under investigation.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Re: Re: NL East (2018)
« Reply #608: June 26, 2018, 08:07:42 PM »
Great, Chipper Jones has turned into a serial killer. 

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
I heard he wasn't respecting the game properly.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!

Offline RichMinSC

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/body-found-in-suntrust-park-freezer-according-to-multiple-reports/ar-AAzd6Z7?li=BBnbfcL   

There is no truth to the rumor the the name of the dead victim was" nationals championship hopes"

Offline dcpatti

Already being discussed a bit in the NL East and the Barves:Knights Templar of Douchebaggery  threads.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Again, why is this crap in the Clubhouse?

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Tweeted by Haley Mason of CBS46 in Atlanta:

BREAKING: Cobb County Police confirm a dead body was found in a freezer at Suntrust Park where the Atlanta Braves play. The deceased person was a third party contractor found by another person who works for that company. It’s under investigation.
Gee, I know a guy in "waste management consulting" in the Atlanta area.  I wonder if he knew the guy.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Braces fail to sign their number one pick. Reports are they had concerns over a wrist injury.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Sadly, I was watching the Barves / BJs game last night when the Barves scored 6 runs off my fantasy pitcher last night.  Key to the inning was Freddie Freeman bunting with runners on 1st and 3d, one run already in.  Safety squeeze, squared and bunted up the 1st base line, charging 1B flips with glove to late to home, catcher throws past the 2d baseman covering 1st, so they end up with runners on 1st and 3d again.  Inciarte then clubs a double and I think 2 more runs score. 

Freddie Freeman bunting isn't a great play normally, there was no shift on with a runner on 3d, and the bunt was not pushed towards 3d, but the strategy here is doing the occasional bunt helps to put the thought in the head of the d that the bunt is possible.  It should help Freeman face more honest defense in other situations. 

There was a lengthy but great piece on this several years ago by Tangotiger or another saber guy that you can find on Fangraphs website saying that, even before shifting became prevalent, sometimes you should bunt even in situations where 90% of time hitting away is better in terms of run expectancy because you don't want the defense to play you as if you are certain (100%) to hit away.  Wish someone would tell Bryce.

Offline mitlen

Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeriste I gotta put my house up for sale.    I had to run a few errands before the pool opens at noon.   Unloaded the truck and started talkin' to my next door neighbor and her grand daughter.     Two houses down from her there's been a lot of moving activity.   We aren't sure if Frank moved out or his ex-wife or a girlfriend moved in.    Never saw a for sale sign.    Anyway, I'm BS'ing with Grammy and I see a pennant in Frank's front yard.    Hasn't ever been one before.     I look, give it my best old man squint and lo and behold, it's a Barves pennant.     It's maybe 12 X 18 inches but it's observable from my house.    It's an Atlanta "A" with a tomahawk through it and the Barves across the bottom.    I can't take it.    The new crazy s.o.b. probably does that chop thing at night.    I gotta go  ....  or they gotta go.     :mg:    I'm gonna scour the home owner's manual to see if there's some sort of rule preventing these little pennants.   (I gotta be careful though.    Neighbor on the other side of me has a USMC pennant in her yard.   Her old man is a helicopter pilot.)     I gotta get some rum

Offline spidernat

It could be worse, you could have a neighbor who roots for the red sox/orioles/nats and switches between ravens/patriots.

Offline mitlen

It could be worse, you could have a neighbor who roots for the red sox/orioles/nats and switches between ravens/patriots.

Neighbor and I were laughin'.    I sez, "Havin' a sign like that in front of your house is like the a**hole who puts out his Steelers' flag in the fall."     :)

Offline spidernat

Neighbor and I were laughin'.    I sez, "Havin' a sign like that in front of your house is like the a**hole who puts out his Steelers' flag in the fall."     :)

I agree  :)

I have a neighbor who had his penguins banner in front that said BELIEVE! I walked the dog by his house the morning after the Caps knocked them off and the sign was gone. He must've taken it down under the cover of darkness. :mg:

Offline mitlen

I agree  :)

I have a neighbor who had his penguins banner in front that said BELIEVE! I walked the dog by his house the morning after the Caps knocked them off and the sign was gone. He must've taken it down under the cover of darkness. :mg:

You hurt my feelings.    I'm goin' to the pool.     :)     I've mentioned the guy across the street.    He's a Pen's fan ...  from Tidewater Virginia.     :shrug:

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
You should be able to make a home owner's insurance claim for the entire value of the mortgage so you can move somewhere else based on this.

Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeriste I gotta put my house up for sale.    I had to run a few errands before the pool opens at noon.   Unloaded the truck and started talkin' to my next door neighbor and her grand daughter.     Two houses down from her there's been a lot of moving activity.   We aren't sure if Frank moved out or his ex-wife or a girlfriend moved in.    Never saw a for sale sign.    Anyway, I'm BS'ing with Grammy and I see a pennant in Frank's front yard.    Hasn't ever been one before.     I look, give it my best old man squint and lo and behold, it's a Barves pennant.     It's maybe 12 X 18 inches but it's observable from my house.    It's an Atlanta "A" with a tomahawk through it and the Barves across the bottom.    I can't take it.    The new crazy s.o.b. probably does that chop thing at night.    I gotta go  ....  or they gotta go.     :mg:    I'm gonna scour the home owner's manual to see if there's some sort of rule preventing these little pennants.   (I gotta be careful though.    Neighbor on the other side of me has a USMC pennant in her yard.   Her old man is a helicopter pilot.)     I gotta get some rum

Online Natsinpwc

There are so few Barves fans the odds of this are astronomical.