Author Topic: Barves: Knights Templar of Unwritten Rules and gutless anti-American douche bags  (Read 85351 times)

Offline whytev

Couldn't hear this on the Braves radio broadcast somehow.

Unfortunately, I was driving and only had access to the Braves broadcast, which was completely brutal. It had me longing for C&D badly.

You could hear it on theirs. And a really crappy heckler, who they implied definitely didn't have friends and was also probably a loner wimp at the office.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
A coworker who's a Braves fan hates the NATS NATS NATS Woo!  He prefers the chop noise! 
I told him they only do that when they score!  He said NOOO!  I said yeah !

That was the day NATS won 9-1!  He left early!  I guess he only heard it 6x!  😜

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
A coworker who's a Braves fan hates the NATS NATS NATS Woo!  He prefers the chop noise! 

If the poor loser starts feeling nostalgic for the sound he should tape one of Charlie & Dave's radio broadcasts from Turner Field (we have one more series down there, 16th/17th/18th September)...as early as the third inning one can hear DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHH DUUUHH DUUUHH...DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHH DUUHHH DUUUHHH repeated ad infinitum et ad nauseam until the final out is made, practically whenever a Brave goes to the plate. I still prefer C&D over MASN any day, but those radio broadcasts are a real trial to listen to.

...but then again we're talking about a fandom which, once one gets past the upper-middle-class phony sophisticates who used to follow them in the Superstation days, has an IQ roughly the same as my age.

Offline whytev

Your coworker is a gal darned racist!

Offline RobDibblesGhost

I hate how they start home games at 7:35 on Fridays instead of 7:05, but 7:35 will be the norm for all night games at SunTrust Park next season. Ugh. I guess they're really worried about the likely mass gridlock the new stadium will be in the middle of.

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
I hate how they start home games at 7:35 on Fridays instead of 7:05, but 7:35 will be the norm for all night games at SunTrust Park next season. Ugh. I guess they're really worried about the likely mass gridlock the new stadium will be in the middle of.

#MallPark!

Offline OldChelsea

...finally our head-to-head series with the Braves is over...no more of that DUUUUH DUUUUH DUHHHHHHHHHH...DUHHHHHHHHHH DUUUUUUUUUUUH DUHHHHHHHHHHHHH song coming over the radio broadcasts.

Offline madj55

Was in Atlanta for the past week. Drove past the stadium on my way to the office every day. They couldn't have picked a worse location. Getting to games is going to be a nightmare.

Offline whytev

I've never been to Atlanta, but if it's anything like here, a 7:05 start in the suburbs would mean eating dinner at the park, and a 7:35 would mean eating fast food in your car on the way to the park. I'd probably be cancelling my season tickets if it were me.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Glad no one was hurt in the I85 fire today.    Hope it affects the game day experience for Barves' fans.         :twisted:

Offline Natsinpwc

Glad no one was hurt in the I85 fire today.    Hope it affects the game day experience for Barves' fans.         :twisted:
You are assuming people will go to the games?

Offline mitlen

You are assuming people will go to the games?

True dat.   

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Can't be as bad as driving to Nats Park. But that's not saying much.

Was in Atlanta for the past week. Drove past the stadium on my way to the office every day. They couldn't have picked a worse location. Getting to games is going to be a nightmare.

Offline mitlen

Can't be as bad as driving to Nats Park. But that's not saying much.

Imagine if the SE/SW freeway collapsed   ....   think it's bad now?     :)     Hell, any of the "95" series interstates would tie us up in a knot.   

Offline GburgNatsFan

Yep. Driving in from the 'burbs on any night is a complete crap shoot as it is. An hour? Two?

Imagine if the SE/SW freeway collapsed   ....   think it's bad now?     :)     Hell, any of the "95" series interstates would tie us up in a knot.

Offline mitlen

Yep. Driving in from the 'burbs on any night is a complete crap shoot as it is. An hour? Two?

I'm retired and have all day to get to the Park.    Yet, I dread the trip.    I live far enough out (E. Loudoun) that a ball game is a day trip.    I catch the train and meet my neighbor at the game.   He drives home (from his parking spot in the city).     If I go alone (or with the missus), I usually catch the subway from Reston.     We're talking an hour or two in and the same coming home under any circumstance.    I may have driven one time.    Parked in the "W" lot by the Navy Yard.     I can't imagine what it would be like if we (DC) lost one of our main arteries  ...  let alone the effect on ballgames.     I kind of feel bad for the people of Atlanta until I realize they're Barves' fans.    :)

Offline GburgNatsFan

I fleeced everyone got the seats I wanted this year in Tomterp's  season ticket group. Only Friday nights, Saturdays and Sundays. We can leave work early on Friday afternoon.

We're going to Metro in on OD to Union Station and take the Circulator bus to the park.

I'm retired and have all day to get to the Park.    Yet, I dread the trip.    I live far enough out (E. Loudoun) that a ball game is a day trip.    I catch the train and meet my neighbor at the game.   He drives home (from his parking spot in the city).     If I go alone (or with the missus), I usually catch the subway from Reston.     We're talking an hour or two in and the same coming home under any circumstance.    I may have driven one time.    Parked in the "W" lot by the Navy Yard.     I can't imagine what it would be like if we (DC) lost one of our main arteries  ...  let alone the effect on ballgames.     I kind of feel bad for the people of Atlanta until I realize they're Barves' fans.    :)

Offline mitlen

I fleeced everyone got the seats I wanted this year in Tomterp's  season ticket group. Only Friday nights, Saturdays and Sundays. We can leave work early on Friday afternoon.

We're going to Metro in on OD to Union Station and take the Circulator bus to the park.

I like to walk to and from Capitol South.     My SPH gives me the same courtesy  ...   Friday and weekends.    My niece got me a three game package for Christmas.    One Tuesday and the other two are weekends.    I'm good for the season.    I'll spot start on occasion as the mood moves me.    Several years ago, I decided I'd never attend another Barves' series.

Offline GburgNatsFan

I like that walk too, but commuting in from Maryland, it's best not to switch lines. It's 1.8 miles from Union Station. Might try that walk on a Saturday this year.

I like to walk to and from Capitol South.     My SPH gives me the same courtesy  ...   Friday and weekends.    My niece got me a three game package for Christmas.    One Tuesday and the other two are weekends.    I'm good for the season.    I'll spot start on occasion as the mood moves me.    Several years ago, I decided I'd never attend another Barves' series.

Offline mitlen

I like that walk too, but commuting in from Maryland, it's best not to switch lines.

That's why I stick with the Orange or Silver (no transfers).     Switchin' lines will take 5 years off your life.

Offline OldChelsea

According to something I heard on WTOP last night, transit ridership is up 25% in Atlanta.

Offline dcpatti

Too bad the new ballpark isn't accessible by MARTA unless you like taking 2 bussses after the train ride.

Offline OldChelsea

New ballpark but same old Braves supporters, still singing that idiotic chant like the illiterate cretins they are.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

New ballpark but same old Braves supporters, still singing that idiotic chant like the illiterate cretins they are.

And they're finding ways to entertain themselves instead of watching the mediocre team on the field:

http://www.totalprosports.com/2017/04/19/young-couple-in-stands-get-it-on-at-the-atlanta-braves-game-video/

Offline slhubic

I absolutely LOVE beating up on this hateful team, and horrid organization...

before mlb.tv, and living where I do, our 'cable' tv stations were Atlanta-based, and so it was pretty much the only 'nationals' games that I could watch back then.