Author Topic: Barves: Knights Templar of Unwritten Rules and gutless anti-American douche bags  (Read 84812 times)

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
I'm sure there's some overlap in that venn diagram.

Agreed.
I always felt that Jeter was an All Time great AND also overrated.
Give me a BBHOF Ballot and I write his name on the first line, but the NYY fans were insufferable about him.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
I just don't like Lacky.
it is the mouth breathing and the annoyed at the world face.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
Fredi's been canned.

So he has: http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/news/braves-fire-fredi-gonzalez-sacked-canned-last-place-atlanta-craig-kimbrel/1sfgjwi2lj7l5178cezs89qu81

Haven't been able to figure out what that ball club is doing, the way they're whisking players in and out in trades...witness the pitcher Jhoulys Chacin whom the Nats faced earlier this season...they'd just called him up from the minors after getting him from the Diamondbacks, then bundle him off to the Angels before he's barely unpacked? Apart from Freddie Freeman, everybody seems to be going round there wearing a 'HELLO MY NAME IS' tag.

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
Embracing the tank

Is there a consensus first-overall prospect going in the draft next year (something on the scale of Harper or Strasburg) that might incite a tank-fest by one or more teams? (I don't follow college ball or pre-draft prospects so wouldn't know.)

Granted the Braves' home record of 2-17 is abysmal (and they're paying for it at the gate - only Cincinnati and Miami have worse per-fixture home attendances in the NL)...but their 7-11 away record is actually better than those of five other clubs.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Granted the Braves' home record of 2-17 is abysmal (and they're paying for it at the gate - only Cincinnati and Miami have worse per-fixture home attendances in the NL)...

That stadium is truly empty night in and night out, seriously considering going in August when the Nats are there, I'd probably be able to move down into the front row by the 2d inning!

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
Is there a consensus first-overall prospect going in the draft next year (something on the scale of Harper or Strasburg) that might incite a tank-fest by one or more teams? (I don't follow college ball or pre-draft prospects so wouldn't know.)

Granted the Braves' home record of 2-17 is abysmal (and they're paying for it at the gate - only Cincinnati and Miami have worse per-fixture home attendances in the NL)...but their 7-11 away record is actually better than those of five other clubs.

No, and they really aren't going about it in a smart way (to me, I know some on here disagree), but we'll see!

Offline RobDibblesGhost

AJC reports that Fredi found out Monday night. How? The team re-booked his flight back to Atlanta for today (they're in the middle of a road trip) and he figured something was up when he got an email with the flight itinerary :lmao:

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
AJC reports that Fredi found out Monday night. How? The team re-booked his flight back to Atlanta for today (they're in the middle of a road trip) and he figured something was up when he got an email with the flight itinerary :lmao:

brutal :lol:

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats

Shipping them off the right way.  :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.

Sounds like the guy who coached USC football a few years ago.

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
Sounds like the guy who coached USC football a few years ago.

He was out on a bender though

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?

classy.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
reminds me of Theo Epstein's first year as a GM.  He flew out when the team was on a road trip to tell Shea Hillenbrand personally that he was being traded to Toronto or maybe Arizona (was he in the Bung-hole Kim deal?). Hillenbrand's reaction was something like, "WTF do I want some Ivy league snotty kid coming out here to tell me I'm traded. Did he do it because he thinks it will make me respect him?" 

Offline EdStroud

Current record of 9 and 29

........ :rimshot: ........

equates to 38-124

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Current record of 9 and 29

........ :rimshot: ............

equates to 38-124

Worse than our 2009 record :shock:

Offline EdStroud

Worse than our 2009 record :shock:
Skippy that is worse than the infamous record setting 1962 New York Mets at 40-120

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Skippy that is worse than the infamous record setting 1962 New York Mets at 40-120

ahhhh I didn't even know about those guys, I l always look back at our 2009 as the low point for a baseball team :lol:

Offline houston-nat

ahhhh I didn't even know about those guys, I l always look back at our 2009 as the low point for a baseball team :lol:
Sometime you should also look up the 43-119 Detroit Tigers. They had 10 guys start games for them, and only ONE of the 10 guys had an ERA under 5.40. The only guy whose ERA was under 4.00 was their LOOGY. (Unless you count a couple fill-in callups who were there for like a week.)

The 2003 Tigers committed 138 errors.

EDIT: To compare, the 2009 Nats had Lannan, Clippard, Burnett, and Beimel with ERAs under 4.00...although they did commit 143 errors.

Offline EdStroud

Sometime you should also look up the 43-119 Detroit Tigers. They had 10 guys start games for them, and only ONE of the 10 guys had an ERA under 5.40. The only guy whose ERA was under 4.00 was their LOOGY. (Unless you count a couple fill-in callups who were there for like a week.)

The 2003 Tigers committed 138 errors.

EDIT: To compare, the 2009 Nats had Lannan, Clippard, Burnett, and Beimel with ERAs under 4.00...although they did commit 143 errors.

Alan Trammell and the Tigers screwed up.  Should have nailed down that record easy.  :lol:

Offline whytev

There were 160 game seasons?

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
The don't always play them all. 40-120 was the record.

There were 160 game seasons?