Author Topic: Barves: Knights Templar of Unwritten Rules and gutless anti-American douche bags  (Read 52554 times)

Offline Coladar

I'd settle for the 'skins renaming if it meant the Braves had to rename and we got to savor their tears.

You know, that really would almost be worth it. I can't say as though I'd want to see it even so, but it would offer a degree of consolation.

But of course, even if the name changes, s#!t like the Chop would never go away... Has the wave ever vanished despite the widely spread hate it causes?

One day all these team names will probably disappear - it just takes one right (or wrong) owner, likely one connected to a corporation or shareholders, and buh-bye. If the goddamn Bullets were deemed so freaking heinous a name two decades ago, Redskins, Chiefs, Braves... none have a chance. I still shudder everytime I hear the name Wizards - as I recall, don't we owe that name to some elementary schooler via a contest George Michael and NBC-4 held? Goodbye Redskins, hello Disco-Ballers. So long Braves, hi there Atlanta 'L33t Hackerz - lolz'.