Author Topic: Barves: Knights Templar of Unwritten Rules and gutless anti-American douche bags  (Read 83732 times)

Offline BerakosVA

Chant is racist. Team name is racister.
You said it, not me.

Offline whytev

:lmao:

We actually have a thread dedicated to that idiocy so go defend the downtrodden in that thread.

http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=30159.0

Yeah sure, but first I'm gonna go piss in the ocean until the tide changes direction. Be right back.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
The Diamondbacks haven't exactly been winning friends around the league with their own  snakes templar thing.

Here's a sequence where the catcher Miguel Montero calls for the intentional HBP against McCutcheon.  He signs with his middle finger pointed at McCutcheon.   :?

http://fromforbestofederal.com/miguel-montero-puts-middle-finger-signal-cutch-retaliation/

Offline TigerFan

• A split allegiance is still an allegiance
I'm pretty sure the Dbacks are pretty open about what they're doing.  Gibson giving fist bumps to ejected pitchers and all.  I can't say I disagree with their stance.  I am not, and haven't been, for hitting people but you can only be pushed so far.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
That organization is bushleague from the top to bottom.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
I'm pretty sure the Dbacks are pretty open about what they're doing.  Gibson giving fist bumps to ejected pitchers and all.  I can't say I disagree with their stance.  I am not, and haven't been, for hitting people but you can only be pushed so far.

They're frustrated over getting their asses kicked nightly and risk injuring players out of frustration.  Plus Gibson has a warped sense of the "unwritten rules", that he uses as carte blanche for whatever he wants to do.  He seems quite the jerk.

Offline houston-nat

I hate their stance. I think it's petty and classless. They're being pushed by the fact that they suck.

Offline Copecwby20

I do not like these Braves young man,
I can not like them, not who I am.

I do not like them at the Ted,
Or in the standings, one game ahead.

I would not cheer them at a game...
the Braves, My friend, I say are Lame

Offline Natsinpwc

I do not like these Braves young man,
I can not like them, not who I am.

I do not like them at the Ted,
Or in the standings, one game ahead.

I would not cheer them at a game...
the Braves, My friend, I say are Lame
Thanks dr.seuss. Clever. The soon to be L should make you smile then

Offline TigerFan

So everyone wants the Nats to hit braves players but no one thinks dbacks should hit people that go after them.  Sounds right for this site.

Offline HalfSmokes

If the dbacks want to do it against a rival, that's one thing, but they do it agaisnt random teams and take pride in it

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
You don't go up an in with a fastball if you intend to hit a guy.  That is the unwritten rule.  Thighs are ok and soft is OK.  If you are going to do the traditional retaliation, do it the right way. This "we are old school, no wimpification, take care of our own" claim is BS if you come in high with a fastball.   Delgado, Montero, and Gibson should be suspended 5 games each and fined, with the proceeds going to a head trauma charity. 

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
So everyone wants the Nats to hit braves players but no one thinks dbacks should hit people that go after them.  Sounds right for this site.

But the dbacks go after people who DIDN'T go after them, that's the problem.  Goldschmidt got hurt on a HBP but nobody believes it was intentional, there's nothing to support that contention at all.  No bad blood, no tit for tat, just a pitch that got away.  So what exactly is Gibson doing going after another team's star player?  This doesn't protect anybody, if anything it's begging for yet another of his players to get hit.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
BP's Rocco DeMaro with a column on what it's like to hit a batter, to be hit, or to know it's coming along with discussion of recent beanings.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=24396

This article is open to all.

Offline houston-nat

Nope. I don't want the Nats to hit the Atlanta Sportsfan882s. Just swipe the A in the dirt.

Offline curlington

I don't like the Braves. Same way I hated the Orioles as a Senators fan when they had our number. I have some respect for the organization but NONE for their fans. Playoff games blacked out! WEAK! When Pete van Wieren died a few weeks ago they spent almost the whole game taking live calls from Braves of the past and playing clips of him. Nice! Pete and Harry Caray were the face and voices of early cable TV before one could get every game.  The plunking has stopped since McCann has gone. He was a punk and still is.

ET

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
Unlike some of my more prudent colleagues, I'm enough of a masochist to read the comments at the end of a story, and I've found that few fan bases can discern a hidden motive in a column or a turn of phrase the way Atlanta Braves diehards do. During one particularly rugged stretch last fall, I got taken to the woodshed by Braves fans for failing to include Evan Gattis in my top 3 in the Rookie of the Year balloting, and for writing a story reflecting the industry sentiment that Atlanta's impressive 2013 regular season might not translate into an extended run in October.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked

Offline TigerFan

But the dbacks go after people who DIDN'T go after them, that's the problem.  Goldschmidt got hurt on a HBP but nobody believes it was intentional, there's nothing to support that contention at all.  No bad blood, no tit for tat, just a pitch that got away.  So what exactly is Gibson doing going after another team's star player?  This doesn't protect anybody, if anything it's begging for yet another of his players to get hit.

I'm late to the party and understand that but you don't get hit 3:1 or whatever it is by accident.  You can't always make up for those that infringed you but you sure as hell can make sure other teams don't take advantage of you. 

Offline whytev

So...how about those Reds?

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
Braves getting no-no'd yesterday (by four Phillies pitchers, led by Hamels with six innings)...so sweet....