Author Topic: Barves: Knights Templar of Unwritten Rules and gutless anti-American douche bags  (Read 83717 times)

Offline Optics

Love that Harps did that. Embrace being a villain.

As Barry Bonds would say, they don't boo nobodies.

Offline Jordanz Meatballz

I was super encouraged by Bryce's at-bats last night. He looks ready to explode. I just hope that it was some scar tissue breaking up on that check swing, and that the thumb strengthens enough of him to start mashing.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
He definitely did it on purpose. And I love it!  :clap:

Offline BigMeech

Good for Bryce.  freak the Braves, their fans, and their wack-ass logo behind home plate.  He should have pissed on it, too.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
This kid is the most closely scrutinized player in the history of the sport. I am sure players do that on a daily basis but no cares unless Harper does it.

Who cares if the Barfs and their fans hate him for it. If they want to go after him for something so trivial then bring it on. 

Offline whytev

Span takes an eternity between pitches. It's awful.

If he keeps hitting .400 he can leave the batter's box and go get a hot dog from the concession for all I care.

Offline Optics

If he keeps hitting .400 he can leave the batter's box and go get a hot dog from the concession for all I care.

+1

He's not the only player who takes a long time, whether it be Pitcher or Hitter.

Offline whytev

I was super encouraged by Bryce's at-bats last night. He looks ready to explode. I just hope that it was some scar tissue breaking up on that check swing, and that the thumb strengthens enough of him to start mashing.

I was scared too but he seems fine.

Offline 1995hoo

@mattinzeo: @dcsportsbog Who knew Gen. Sherman didn't have to burn Atlanta to the ground? Coulda just smudged the dirt a bunch #RespectTheA

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Offline heeman82

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.

I didn't see that swing but he routinely winces on balls that go off the bat handle. That's why I'm cutting the kid a break for a while.

Offline Count Walewski

Messing with the "A" was a stupid thing to do...but in terms of stupid Bryce Harper mistakes, it's far less stupid than stuff he's done in the last two years. Maybe it will even get him on base for free a few times tonight!

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
He'll get drilled in his first ab unless the umps issue a warning before the game.

Offline DPMOmaha

He'll get drilled in his first ab unless the umps issue a warning before the game.
I hope he steals home.

Offline houston-nat

FYI, I am on Team Everyone Should Swipe the "A" Now.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
The A should be swiped in every at bat today

Offline Mattionals

I think it's stupid to have the team logo right behind home plate.  It's bound to get messed up from normal play, so just put it on the grass closer to the backstop.

Offline houston-nat

The A should be swiped in every at bat today
Anthony Rendon game plan
1. Swipe A, grin mischievously
2. Get plunked, grin smugly
3. Steal home, grin triumphantly

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
Anthony Rendon game plan
1. Swipe A, grin mischievously
2. Get plunked, grin smugly
3. Steal home, grin triumphantly
Excellent strategy. This must be implemented.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball

Then Gio should hit somebody with a fastball on the hand. Break some bones. Last season, Tejada hit Harper in the legs after his knee was hurt. Atlanta is pond scum. City, fans, and the Boston-Braves-now-playing-in-Atlanta. Buddy Myer said it best: "If they hit me again I'm going to step on somebody's face".

(Well, Buddy's quote was very slightly different.)

Offline HalfSmokes

Free base is good. It would be nice to see the team show some solidarity and all scuff the A on their way to bat

Offline MorseTheHorse

Let him get hit once, take the free base and then move on.  Not sure we are in the right here...

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Free base is good. It would be nice to see the team show some solidarity and all scuff the A on their way to bat

Only lefties really walk past it on their way to an at bat.

Offline Count Walewski

Then Gio should hit somebody with a fastball on the hand. Break some bones. Last season, Tejada hit Harper in the legs after his knee was hurt. Atlanta is pond scum. City, fans, and the Boston-Braves-now-playing-in-Atlanta. Buddy Myer said it best: "If they hit me again I'm going to step on somebody's face".

(Well, Buddy's quote was very slightly different.)

Last thing Gio needs to do is give the Braves any more baserunners. He's already going to walk a lot of people and give up dingers.