Author Topic: Barves: Knights Templar of Unwritten Rules and gutless anti-American douche bags  (Read 83728 times)

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
I figured there would be a general thread about how douchey the Braves are, but I couldn't find one. I'm sure JCA will move this somewhere, although my thread title is going to be better than wherever it's moved.

Anyway, this article by Grantland is great.

The Los Angeles Dodgers did America a favor this week by dispatching the Atlanta Braves in four games. At some point this season, the Braves reached the conclusion that they were the Knights Templar of baseball's sacred Unwritten Rules. This led to a brawl when Miami pitcher Jose Fernandez made the unforgivable mistake of enjoying his first career home run, and another when Milwaukee's Carlos Gomez took a leisurely stroll around the bases after a home run against Paul Maholm, who'd plunked Gomez earlier in the season.

But absolute power to enforce the Unwritten Rules corrupts absolutely, which is how it came to pass that before Game 1 of the NLDS, Chipper Jones threw out the first pitch to the mascot, because no Brave would catch Jones's toss after the future Hall of Famer had the audacity to predict on the radio that the Braves would lose the NLDS in four games. In their zeal for baseball purity, the Braves overlooked one of the Unwritten Rules of common sense: You don't snub a franchise legend1 over petty bullcrap. And now few people, least of all their franchise legend, are shedding tears over the Braves losing the NLDS. In four games. The only shame is that the Dodgers didn't clinch in Atlanta, which would have allowed them to dig a hole in the ground in center field, fill it with water, and jump in.

The Dodgers are a 1 percenter's wet dream of a franchise, a team that bought its way to a talented roster with the highest payroll in the history of American professional sports. But one of the notable aspects of American society is that when asked to choose between plutocrats on one side and dour moralizers on the other, Americans will choose the plutocrats every time. Most of us aspire to be rich; very few of us aspire to be douche bags.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9801064/nl-championship-series-preview

4/9/14 Update:

The Barves also hate America.

6/13/14 Update:

Barves are still gutless enforces of rules that don't exist.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2014_06_12_atlmlb_colmlb_1&mode=video&content_id=33658645&tcid=vpp_copy_33658645

"Boy, look at Walt. Still screaming at the gutless Chris Carpenter."

:lmao: :lmao:

Update 2/2015:

Barves are Sandy Hook truthers

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
I figured there would be a general thread about how douchey the Braves are, but I couldn't find one. I'm sure JCA will move this somewhere, although my thread title is going to be better than wherever it's moved.

Anyway, this article by Grantland is great.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9801064/nl-championship-series-preview

Simply outstanding 

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Grantland is the only good part of espn.com and this is GOLD.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
Grantland is the only good part of espn.com and this is GOLD.
This and this.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile

Offline Tokeydog

• I like beer!
JHC, that is a thing of beauty!

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
I believe the more threads documenting their douchiness, the better.  They are gradually being recognized nationally as the jerks they are.  This is good. 

Offline mitlen

I believe the more threads documenting their douchiness, the better.  They are gradually being recognized nationally as the jerks they are.  This is good. 

Good call JCA !

:clap:

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked

Except you were the one catering to their fans here.  :lmao:

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.

Nice.

Offline Copecwby20

Sadly, I will no longer be able to gauge the Atlanta fan's reaction to this piece. It may have been the straw that broke the camel's back. I am officially persona non grata over there.

Offline mitlen

I am officially persona non grata over there.

Congratulations, well done.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
Sadly, I will no longer be able to gauge the Atlanta fan's reaction to this piece. It may have been the straw that broke the camel's back. I am officially persona non grata over there.

'I wear their condemnation like a badge of honour'

- President Ronald Reagan

Offline Displaced Bucco

• Atlanta delenda est - Davey the Elder & WT Sherman

Just sign on as SF!

Offline Displaced Bucco

PS   Cope...the toma-tard line was pretty funny!

Offline Copecwby20

Oh, you have access over there? Those guys are a bunch of whiney wusses. I try to make a baseball statement, they respond with "go freak yourself, natspo fan" I respond in kind, they cry and ban me. What a bunch of cock juggling twat waffles. I'm sure they're all circle jerking themselves over there now about "how they showed me".

Offline Displaced Bucco

lol...I just lurk once in a while, I'm not registered.  Always like to see what the other side is doing, and some of it is pretty funny too!

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Oh, you have access over there? Those guys are a bunch of whiney wusses. I try to make a baseball statement, they respond with "go freak yourself, natspo fan" I respond in kind, they cry and ban me. What a bunch of cock juggling twat waffles. I'm sure they're all circle jerking themselves over there now about "how they showed me".

:old:  Responding in kind is not much of a long term success strategy, young padawan.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
:old:  Responding in kind is not much of a long term success strategy, young padawan.
tell that to Bomber Harris.

Offline Displaced Bucco

The key to success is not graduated response, rather its escalation dominance!

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
The key to success is not graduated response, rather its escalation dominance!

Peace by superior firepower!

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.

Offline Copecwby20

Fantastic piece.

That's what the men tell me on the range, and the ladies tell me in the bedroom.