Author Topic: MLB, Selig, and Rays want Tampa area to build new ballpark  (Read 3115 times)

Offline Copecwby20

No more NY teams.

Why not... make a bunch of NY teams, give them ESPN14 or something so they can cover ALL NY TEAMS/ALL THE TIME and the rest of us get normal balanced coverage on the other stations.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
ESPN was originally established in Bristol, Connecticut to serve the New England market. So if you're a Boston or a New York fan, you gotta feel like the Worldwide Leader is doing fine.

Why not... make a bunch of NY teams, give them ESPN14 or something so they can cover ALL NY TEAMS/ALL THE TIME and the rest of us get normal balanced coverage on the other stations.

Offline blue911

ESPN was originally established in Bristol, Connecticut to serve the New England market. So if you're a Boston or a New York fan, you gotta feel like the Worldwide Leader is doing fine.

Most Yankee fans hate that they are on Fox and ESPN Sunday night a dozen or so times a year. David Cone is a hell of a lot better than McCarver or Kruk.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
Most Yankee fans hate that they are on Fox and ESPN Sunday night a dozen or so times a year. David Cone is a hell of a lot better than McCarver or Kruk.

OTOH, Michael Kay sucks and Dan Shulman is pretty good.

Offline blue911

OTOH, Michael Kay sucks and Dan Shulman is pretty good.

This is also true.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
Charlotte would be great, my parents are done in NC now. Would love an AL team to casually follow. Plus, NC is "Braves territory" and I'm blacked out of Nats games down there.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
The answer is that Selig is the worst commissioner in all of sports

Offline brec7

• Twitter
The answer is that Selig is the worst commissioner in all of sports

Oh how I agree with this.   I'm a big hockey fan as well and I hear fans whine about Gary Bettman... no comparison IMO as Selig is far worse.   The "labour peace" we've seen toted about in MLB with the players has been achieved because MLB doesn't even try to have any sort of salary certainty.   Higher end teams can spend what they want and teams at the bottom end can rake in the money without putting in any effort to win (the Astros this season and the Marlins about 2/3rds of the time.)   

Allowing the season to end prematurely in 1994 accomplished nothing from the MLB point of view.  And the whole steroid era is a major blackeye on the sport- you have to think Selig & co knew exactly what was going on for years, milked the big home run chase between McGwire and Sosa so MLB could recover from the strike attendance wise, and then once it becomes a black eye all the sudden it's time to do something about it.

Offline HalfSmokes

yep no steroids in other sports, linemen are just naturally 300 pounders who can run 4.6 40s

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Well, the NZ All Blacks just throw virgins into volcanoes, but I guess that's legit
yep no steroids in other sports, linemen are just naturally 300 pounders who can run 4.6 40s