Author Topic: Home Care Thread  (Read 1210 times)

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
Re: Home Care Thread
« Reply #25: July 09, 2013, 12:35:37 PM »
From holding up pictures.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #26: July 09, 2013, 12:45:27 PM »
Paint doesn't cover them reliably.

If they are really just pinhole size, I'd get a small container of spackle and use your finger to apply a little, then come back just a minute later and wipe the excess off with a just-damp sponge. What you are trying to do is fill a very small hole, but not let the spackle level the "orange peel" effect that the original drywall primer created. Otherwise, the "fix" stands out more than the original hole did.

It should take you minutes.

From holding up pictures.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #27: July 09, 2013, 12:48:28 PM »
freak, I spackled the crap out of them nages last night.  So much for that :lol:

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #28: July 09, 2013, 01:01:10 PM »
You can still do the sponge thing. Just more water. Spackle melts in water. Or leave them alone if it doesn't matter to you.

freak, I spackled the crap out of them nages last night.  So much for that :lol:

Offline Nathan

« Reply #29: July 12, 2013, 05:07:20 PM »
how many rooms? How many sq ft is the house? Is there much prep work (water damage, cracks, drywall damage)? We had two rooms done for around $1,200- but that included a lot of new dry wall (including on an angled ceiling), new trim and changing colors

Me and my buddy put a coat of primer on the downstairs room.  My dad said it'd probably take him about an hour to do a room that size.  2.5 hours, 1.5 gallons of primer, 10 gallons of sweat without A/C, and 1 paint speckled carpet later it was done.  $1200?  Worth EVERY.  LAST.  PENNY.