Poll

Who do you think SHOULD start in left field?

Chris Snelling
12 (60%)
Ryan Church
8 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: April 05, 2007, 06:58:30 AM

Author Topic: The Official Left Field Thread  (Read 3027 times)

Offline Dave B

Re: The Official Left Field Thread
« Reply #25: March 24, 2007, 01:41:18 PM »

personally, if i was in church's shoes, i would rather take the honest poster, than the ass-kisser any day.

but its just my opinion... 

there are no ass-kissers here! I thought we established that

Offline Ericas Nats

• Only Nationals fan in Seattle! :)
« Reply #26: March 24, 2007, 06:00:16 PM »
oh i was just saying... thats all. i dont keep up that much.

Offline Dave B

« Reply #27: March 24, 2007, 08:19:56 PM »
oh i was just saying... thats all. i dont keep up that much.

that term touched a nerve earlier in the week

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #28: March 24, 2007, 08:23:26 PM »
As long as you don't compliment a player, you won't be considered an ass-kisser. Otherwise, you just bring it on yourself.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #29: March 24, 2007, 09:13:43 PM »
LOL, is that the rule? Damn, we best be careful what we say about RZ...

There are no players with the Nats I don't like, they are all Nats and I'm a Nats fan not a this player or that player fan. It's just that I not only want them all to do well, now and on their way to the regular season, I also want them to earn their way there.

« Reply #30: March 24, 2007, 09:25:18 PM »
Everyone on this board is a fan of this team as whole but whether someone understands it or doesn't, some people are partial to certain players and root for those players for a variety of different reasons.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.  I don't see why Yank fans and Card fans can root for the Jeters and the Alberts without criticism but a Nat fan can't root for a Church, Zimmerman, or Cordero?

The determination of "who earned their way" there is sketchy and fans usually see it at face value (stats).  One has to also figure if that guy can keep those monster stats up, what are the chances he will get injured, etc.  Some guys are put in a position simply because they can make that 162 marathon and fill a spot.  Need to look at the big picture.

I know there are a few on this board who don't think Church "earned his position" but you know, I myself don't think Logan "earned" anything either.  But they are both Nats, loyal so far to this team, so I can't really complain.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #31: March 24, 2007, 09:36:31 PM »
According to nationals.com, Snelling has upset that fragile knee of his already during the Tigers game.  Acta pulled him as a "precaution" which is a good call but ugh, someone get some Raid and kill the injury bug before it bites.

Now Logan has a groin problem.  Sounds like Kenz aFan may get his wish, with Kory Casto in LF while Church takes CF.  Maybe Escobar will be ready when one of them gets hurt.

I haven't voted.  There aren't enough names in the poll...

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #32: March 24, 2007, 10:39:43 PM »
So often when you are a player or two too deep, things happen that resolve the issue, if only temporarily.  Anyway, Casto is almost certain to make the team now.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #33: March 25, 2007, 10:54:49 PM »
Ryan Church deserves to be a starter.  whether it's in left, center, 1st base, catcher, pitcher ... wherever. 

And I hope everyone on here feels that way.

Offline Ericas Nats

« Reply #34: March 26, 2007, 12:28:53 AM »
im not saying we shouldnt admire our beloved nats.

i know that there has been some "issues" about ass-kissing...

i just want to point out that no matter how much i am a fan or zimmerman, church,  in my case, schinder is my favorite player.. 

its all about winning as a team, if for example zimmerman, or church, or any player isnt getting the job done. pull them and use the best player to achive the goal of a win...

well you all know what i am trying to say here...lol

Offline Ericas Nats

« Reply #35: March 26, 2007, 12:35:12 AM »
also, i have faith :halo: and trust in our new manager to play the best player(s) at any given moment.

after all he is the manager, and not us.

all of us here think at one point or another that we would have "made the better call" or "pulled that picher sooner"...

it does got a bit deeper when your beloved player isnt playing on opening day secondary to an injury, or he may not have been the best option for that day...

we all love this team on many different levels. and thats what makes this web forum so great. we can vent to one another...