Poll

What should Rendon's nickname be?

The Grin: no need for explanation
6 (10.2%)
El Martillo:  Spanish for "The Hammer;" earned by the comparison of his wrists and swing to Aaron's
5 (8.5%)
Tony "Two bags":  in honor of his doubles, not his once and maybe future position. sounds vaguely mobbish.
29 (49.2%)
The Hitman:  also has mob overtones
19 (32.2%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Author Topic: Enter the Rendon - Grin for the Win  (Read 33972 times)

Offline Minty Fresh

• Oh you call what you got a team?
Re: Enter the Rendon - Grin for the Win
« Reply #50: June 11, 2013, 10:28:21 AM »
Guys have been plunked for a lot less. You know, staring too long at a pitcher, dropping the bat the wrong way after crushing a HR, looking at a HR too long, trotting around the bases too slow (or too fast)....

I can see Rendon going 3-3 and flashing that grin his fourth time up and then getting drilled. Not saying he deserves it. Just saying I can see some hothead pitcher doing it.

You said, "I'd drill him for sure."  So yes, you are saying he deserves it.  And as wpa said, that's idiotic.

We have this guy in Upstate New York that owns a bunch of car dealerships and has local ads running on local television all the time - Billy Fucillo. Billy has the best prices on particular makes of cars in the area so the dude is really good at selling cars.  The problem is that Billy's advertisements are super annoying - he just blathers on-and-on-and-on in the background while the guy he hires as his pitchman (Tom Park) tries desperately to actually give useful information about the automobiles Billy sells.  Every time an advertisement of his comes on, I flail around for my remote so I can mute the ads while not changing the channel - especially before the end of the ad when Billy inevitably shouts, "IT'S HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGE!" into my living room.

I can honestly say that Billy Fucillo has moved down one spot to #2 on the list of people that I've never met but I'd sill love to kick in the balls.