Author Topic: just wondering what it takes to run this web page??  (Read 1290 times)

Offline Ericas Nats

• Only Nationals fan in Seattle! :)
hi guys, i am just wondering how much time you guys put into this page? hours and hours? how much does it cost? ect...

it may be a personal question, but ive always wondered? im not a computer person, well the very average person/user...

just wondering, cause im sure its alot of time, but also a hobby?

what does it take to keep this awesome site up and running ??

erica

ps, you all do a great job, btw!

Online The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
You feeling OK?  I don't know why but this doesn't sound like a very typical post for you...  I hope someone hasn't jacked your account :?

Offline 2k6nats

• Are we having fun yet?
You feeling OK?  I don't know why but this doesn't sound like a very typical post for you...  I hope someone hasn't jacked your account :?

Answer the question Chief :)

Online The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
I pay $5 a month for the hosting and $6 a year for each domain name.  The forum software is free, and I would say I spent under 10 hours total setting it up and customizing the themes (that's 10 hours spread out over the course of a about a week).  It would be considerably less than that for a fresh setup.  The switch from the old software to what we're using now took longer because I had to test and make sure everything transferred over properly.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
I pay $5 a month for the hosting and $6 a year for each domain name.

Hummm, that's about 10 beers at RFK.  Chief, I'd be happy to spring for the first couple of beers, as my small contribution to the site.    :glug:  Just think, two beers amonth for 5 months, you'd be breaking even on this deal.

Offline Ericas Nats

• Only Nationals fan in Seattle! :)
no hacking here, lol
so i have a typical style to my posts?? lol

oh why do think this is odd? i just was thinking the other night and just was wondering? thats all...lol 

but thanks for the info! lol
and i know for a fact this season, i wont be able to go to all of my 41 games i have... so i will let you know when i have an extra pair of tickets, but if you come find me and my boyfriend in sec 419 row 8 on opening day, im sure we will be like this-------> :glug:

so we can start with a beer or two!