Author Topic: My Experience at Turner Field.  (Read 10334 times)

Offline Copecwby20

My Experience at Turner Field.
« Topic Start: May 03, 2013, 02:40:22 AM »
I'm going to try and type this up and make it easy to read but then again, I've been drinking heavily ever since the Nats got into town on Monday.

I'll start off with the players and my interaction with them.

Bryce.

He signed my baseball for me on Monday, which was the highlight of the series for me. He is my secret mancrush and I'm convinced that he will change the way the game is played. He was very cool with the kids and made sure that if he was in the area and had time that they went home with an autograph. He also signed for the grownups but was cognizant of the fact that there may be "autograph hawks" out there trying to make a buck off of his pen stroke so he made sure to "inscript" any ball he signed for an adult.

That's me in the all blue hat. If you notice there was a bunch of kids in front of me. Myself and "Ray" the usher in the 118 section were trying to keep the grown ups from trampling the kids and Bryce signed for a good long time. I got my ball signed and let the area to let other people in.
(Keep "Ray" the usher in mind, he will be a fixture during my stories)

After I got my ball signed I went back to my seat and watched the Bull Pen guys warm up. This is when the whole "douche talking crap to stras and McCatty getting the guy tossed" thing happened. Meanwhile, I was just jawing it up with the guys and called out to Soriano for a BP ball. He tossed it up and I caught it. I held on to it because I was hoping to have him sign it later, but he got busy with his pre game prep. Since he didn't sign it I told the little boy sitting behind me that if he was well behaved and let his parents watch the game through the end of the 8th, that he could have the ball. He did, and I sent the baseball home with him. Nothing else really to report other than the fact that this is what our seats looked like (Just over $20 per seat, to compare to Nats prices)

Tuesday night wasn't anything special, I received two free tickets for getting an online insurance quote from Mercury insurance (Upper Gallery, Only Valid on Sun-Thur Games) Needless to say, sitting way up top like that, I didn't get a chance to grab a ball or get anything signed. I did meet up with the friends from my church group, so here is a good look at our seats for Tuesday.

My friends from my church group and I

Now that little guy in the middle... he may not look like much but he has the best braves jersey I've ever seen.... the number is "2" just like Upton, but instead of that, he has "Chainz" on it... 2 Chainz... get it? It's a rap thing. Anyways sitting up there I didn't get anything cool but I have this thing that everytime I go to a baseball game I try and give a kid an autograph that I got, or a ball that I caught or something but I was too high up to make that happen on Tuesday. All I had was some unsigned "official MLB Rawlings" balls that I carry around to get signed. Anyways, I saw this kid that was leaving with his parents (it was around the bottom of the 6th or so) that had cochlear implants. I decided that he needed to go home with a ball, so I ran a couple rows up and gave it to him (and his dad). The mom snapped a pic of us.

Last night, I don't have many pictures of because I was on a first date and I was worried about throwing some game down. I will say that we won (so this new girl is a keeper.) and we had good seats. After a night of falling in love with her, she said that she wanted to join me on Thursday night, but she had a soft ball game. When I asked her if 1.)Can I bring a cooler to your softball game and 2.) Would you like me to be there she responded with "I'd love that, but I don't want you miss a Nationals game." and that's how I knew she had me.

Other than that, nothing to crazy special happened. I got Autographs and Rendon threw be a ball. He turned someone down and looked at me and said "this guy is wearing the right gear.

everytime the Nats ran in from the field I would stand up and tip my cap to them as my way of saying "Good Job Guys." Denard and Bernardina caught it and tipped their hats back my way. Other than that, this is what I came home with.

I talked to Rendon a bit on Monday and he said "ill get you later, I have to go shag balls." during BP so on Wednesday when I was like "Anthony, you said you get me later, how is Wednesday for later?" he just kinda laughed and signed my ball. My old roommate (Dustin) is to Rendon what BH34Natural is to Bryce so I asked him to make it out to him.

Ian Desmond signed for me, and I ended up giving that ball to a kid, but he ran off before I could get a pic with him and his ball

And then I got GIO. I'm keeping this one, because Gio is a goofball like me and even though he's having a rough start he will always be one of my favorites.

I have more to add to my experiences, but it's damn near 3 in the morning so let me get some sleep. I'll be back.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Re: My Experience at Turner Field.
« Reply #1: May 03, 2013, 02:47:25 AM »
Awesome post. Thanks for sharing. 

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #2: May 03, 2013, 02:56:45 AM »
Stayed tuned, the next episode is about how Gio is so Sexy, that he turned my GA Native co-worker into at Nats Fan.

He is so good with the fans, the convo we had was hilarious.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #3: May 03, 2013, 09:03:30 AM »
Outstanding Report!

:clap:

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #4: May 03, 2013, 11:26:55 AM »
Nice post, pics.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #5: May 03, 2013, 12:04:40 PM »
Thanks for posting.  Sounds like you & 1st date had a nice time.

Offline imref

« Reply #6: May 03, 2013, 12:07:23 PM »
did you get the "General Sherman" jersey?  Any reaction from the Braves fans to the curly W?

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #7: May 03, 2013, 12:20:39 PM »
did you get the "General Sherman" jersey?  Any reaction from the Braves fans to the curly W?

Haven't got that made yet. I ended up getting an authentic Harper jersey, and that was a tad bit pricey so I held off on the shirt.

Fan reaction: On monday there was some good natured banter back and forth, but nothing to serious. I try to keep things pretty light at the ballpark when I can. That whole "Be nice until it's time to not be nice." approach. I was with large groups of friends and friends of friends so we just kinda yucked it up. Tuesday was the same.

Wednesday was the first night I sat behind the dugout and again, there was some back and forth but it was pretty light hearted. Not trying to make a bad impression on my date, I kept it to a minimum. One guy did call me a loser with a loser team to which I replied "Well I'm down here right next to field with a hot chick and a team that is winning and you're all the way back there sitting with another dude, so what's that say?" the whole section laughed at him after that so he shut up for the remainder of the game. I've found that if sharply delivered, quick witted come back executed correctly will show people that they are about to get into a game of back and forth that they are not prepared for.

Thursday was also pretty mellow with the exception of a douch canoe a couple rows behind me. He was talking crap about my jersey saying things along the lines of "You're wearing a jersey of someone who's not even on your team, what an idiot." I explained to him who Romero was, how I got the Jersey and where he's pitching right now. He still got lippy and talked more crap after the game as everyone leaving and I told him that now that everyone was leaving and I had a bit more elbow room, he should come down so I can use his face to dust my knuckles off. In typical punk fashion, he kept talking as he was walking away, but whatever. I offered him the chance to not only be beaten on the field, but in the stands or parking lot if he preferred, but he didn't want to accept.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #8: May 03, 2013, 01:14:03 PM »
you are seriously the best poster that has joined on here in the last year.

don't ever stop.

Offline ajcartwright

« Reply #9: May 03, 2013, 02:14:20 PM »
this is amazing
appreciate the stories!
thank you Cope, thank you

Offline imref

« Reply #10: May 03, 2013, 02:51:35 PM »
you are seriously the best poster that has joined on here in the last year.

don't ever stop.

Agreed.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #11: May 03, 2013, 03:07:13 PM »
Stayed tuned, the next episode is about how Gio is so Sexy, that he turned my GA Native co-worker into at Nats Fan.

(Image removed from quote.)

He is so good with the fans, the convo we had was hilarious.

So this story is pretty funny. Right before Thursday's game, Gio was signing for some kids and was headed back to the dugout. My friend and I were standing right around where me and my date were standing in the "date night" pic. Anyways, as he walked by I threw my hat on my friend's head and said "Gio, you mind taking a pic with my friend, I'm trying to convert her to a Nats fan." He looked at her (wearing a braves shirt and nationals hat) and gave her this flirty look and said "Girl, we gotta do something about that, can't be running around all half and half." It was pretty funny.

Ray the Usher is a really cool dude. I saw a Marine Corps lapel pen that he was wearing and we started talking about our time in the Corps and just generally BSing. He was there everynight so I established a good rapport with him. Thursday's game I had bought the 8 dollar tickets for but right before the game I logged onto barves.com and stub hub to see which seats were still available. Noticing that the third row behind the dugout was completely unsold, I parked my ass there for the last game with my 8 dollar ticket. Ray never checked my ticket on the last day, because after sitting down there the night prior, he just assumed I belonged. I also made a point to playfully flirt with the female usher at the top of the stairs. I always make eye contact and exchange words with ushers/security when I leave an area I'm not supposed to be in so they'll remember when I come back. That's how I was able to go outside and smoke during the final four game that I snuck in and still get let back in, even though I didn't have a ticket.

Offline Mr Clean

« Reply #12: May 03, 2013, 03:08:07 PM »
Excellent read. Thanks.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #13: May 03, 2013, 03:10:25 PM »
Nats on top, Braves on bottom. Hmm.
So this story is pretty funny. Right before Thursday's game, Gio was signing for some kids and was headed back to the dugout. My friend and I were standing right around where me and my date were standing in the "date night" pic. Anyways, as he walked by I threw my hat on my friend's head and said "Gio, you mind taking a pic with my friend, I'm trying to convert her to a Nats fan." He looked at her (wearing a braves shirt and nationals hat) and gave her this flirty look and said "Girl, we gotta do something about that, can't be running around all half and half." It was pretty funny.

Offline imref

« Reply #14: May 03, 2013, 03:11:42 PM »
copec needs a radio show.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #15: May 03, 2013, 03:13:19 PM »
copec needs a radio show.
Oh man or a podcast or something. I would listen to that on the regular.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #16: May 03, 2013, 03:27:07 PM »
Oh and another thing I thought was cool. I always thought Stras was kind of a reclusive, not very personable type of guy just from the days I've seen him at Nats Park and on monday, but he was very cool yesterday. Signed a bit, BS'd, took some pictures. I was out of position to get in on that because I assumed he would go straight in the dugout.

Other random Notes,

Suzuki is cool, threw up that hang loose sign that they do in Hawaii, and posed for a fan who is also from Hawaii.

Jayson Werth changed my perception of him, also pretty legit. And Tall. I'm 6'2'' and I remember thinking damn, big guy...

Julie Alexandria. Like I said in the GDT, way hotter in person and interacts more with the fans than KA from what I could tell. maybe that's just because she's new on the team and was getting some Nat's love from a fan while on the road (I'd give her all the Nats love she could handle) She is also a lot taller than KA. I remember saying that to her when she walked up. Also, she looks more "fit" or "athletic" than KA, which I find more attractive. Don't get me wrong, those little spinner gals are fun, but I am generally attracted to taller gals.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #17: May 03, 2013, 04:37:05 PM »
Random pictures but here were go.

This was Monday night before BP. I left work two hours early so I could get there right when the gates opened. From my office door to the park (with Parking) takes about 15 minutes. The parking lot is a block from the home plate gate area lets you on and off the freeway easily. Much different than my experience being a Nationals fan living in Fredericksburg. Anyways, this was right before Bryce started signing. I was lucky because he didn't sign on that end for the rest of the series. After that he just signed for the kids in the "BP Experience" from what I saw. It was weird because he was sitting there by himself for a while staring intently at the field and then like flipped a switch, he jumped up, walked directly to the railing and started signing. It was a bit odd.

If you you don't love America, it's probably because you've never had bacon flavored sun flower seeds while watching a baseball game.

My seats for Wednesday. Figure one row closer the following night. For price comparison purposes when purchased from the braves.com site, these seats were 67 bucks.

Stras, my friend is a big fan so I took this to send him. This was on monday night.

Put me in for BP coach, I can rake... I even brought my own jersey...

Just so it doesn't get buried in the GDTs...

Now, I'm not internationally known,
but I'm known to rock the microphone.

There was some good natured ribbing at first because of my outfit, but once they heard my rendition of Ice Ice Baby, they realized that I may be the second coming of Vanilla Ice.

Offline imref

« Reply #18: May 03, 2013, 05:08:40 PM »
i must find bacon flavored SF seeds.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #19: May 03, 2013, 06:15:42 PM »
See SF after a hearty American breakfast.

Offline Mattionals

« Reply #20: May 03, 2013, 06:18:52 PM »
Cope for poster of the century.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #21: May 03, 2013, 08:56:31 PM »
That is fantastic, my man!!!!

I'll be in Kansas City in the August when the Nats get there and I am planning on getting there early all 3 days!!!

I actually hope Strasburg isn't pitching to cut down on the Stras-turbaters so me and the other 4 true Nationals fan in Missouri/Arkansas can get closer.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #22: May 03, 2013, 08:58:34 PM »
Stras-turbators. I like it. :D

I'll be in Kansas City in the August when the Nats get there and I am planning on getting there early all 3 days!!!

I actually hope Strasburg isn't pitching to cut down on the Stras-turbaters so me and the other 4 true Nationals fan in Missouri/Arkansas can get closer.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #23: May 03, 2013, 11:23:16 PM »
That's badass. 

I'm going to try and type this up and make it easy to read but then again, I've been drinking heavily ever since the Nats got into town on Monday.

I'll start off with the players and my interaction with them.

Bryce.

He signed my baseball for me on Monday, which was the highlight of the series for me. He is my secret mancrush and I'm convinced that he will change the way the game is played. He was very cool with the kids and made sure that if he was in the area and had time that they went home with an autograph. He also signed for the grownups but was cognizant of the fact that there may be "autograph hawks" out there trying to make a buck off of his pen stroke so he made sure to "inscript" any ball he signed for an adult.

That's me in the all blue hat. If you notice there was a bunch of kids in front of me. Myself and "Ray" the usher in the 118 section were trying to keep the grown ups from trampling the kids and Bryce signed for a good long time. I got my ball signed and let the area to let other people in.
(Keep "Ray" the usher in mind, he will be a fixture during my stories)

After I got my ball signed I went back to my seat and watched the Bull Pen guys warm up. This is when the whole "douche talking crap to stras and McCatty getting the guy tossed" thing happened. Meanwhile, I was just jawing it up with the guys and called out to Soriano for a BP ball. He tossed it up and I caught it. I held on to it because I was hoping to have him sign it later, but he got busy with his pre game prep. Since he didn't sign it I told the little boy sitting behind me that if he was well behaved and let his parents watch the game through the end of the 8th, that he could have the ball. He did, and I sent the baseball home with him. Nothing else really to report other than the fact that this is what our seats looked like (Just over $20 per seat, to compare to Nats prices)

Tuesday night wasn't anything special, I received two free tickets for getting an online insurance quote from Mercury insurance (Upper Gallery, Only Valid on Sun-Thur Games) Needless to say, sitting way up top like that, I didn't get a chance to grab a ball or get anything signed. I did meet up with the friends from my church group, so here is a good look at our seats for Tuesday.

My friends from my church group and I

Now that little guy in the middle... he may not look like much but he has the best braves jersey I've ever seen.... the number is "2" just like Upton, but instead of that, he has "Chainz" on it... 2 Chainz... get it? It's a rap thing. Anyways sitting up there I didn't get anything cool but I have this thing that everytime I go to a baseball game I try and give a kid an autograph that I got, or a ball that I caught or something but I was too high up to make that happen on Tuesday. All I had was some unsigned "official MLB Rawlings" balls that I carry around to get signed. Anyways, I saw this kid that was leaving with his parents (it was around the bottom of the 6th or so) that had cochlear implants. I decided that he needed to go home with a ball, so I ran a couple rows up and gave it to him (and his dad). The mom snapped a pic of us.

Last night, I don't have many pictures of because I was on a first date and I was worried about throwing some game down. I will say that we won (so this new girl is a keeper.) and we had good seats. After a night of falling in love with her, she said that she wanted to join me on Thursday night, but she had a soft ball game. When I asked her if 1.)Can I bring a cooler to your softball game and 2.) Would you like me to be there she responded with "I'd love that, but I don't want you miss a Nationals game." and that's how I knew she had me.

Other than that, nothing to crazy special happened. I got Autographs and Rendon threw be a ball. He turned someone down and looked at me and said "this guy is wearing the right gear.

everytime the Nats ran in from the field I would stand up and tip my cap to them as my way of saying "Good Job Guys." Denard and Bernardina caught it and tipped their hats back my way. Other than that, this is what I came home with.

I talked to Rendon a bit on Monday and he said "ill get you later, I have to go shag balls." during BP so on Wednesday when I was like "Anthony, you said you get me later, how is Wednesday for later?" he just kinda laughed and signed my ball. My old roommate (Dustin) is to Rendon what BH34Natural is to Bryce so I asked him to make it out to him.

Ian Desmond signed for me, and I ended up giving that ball to a kid, but he ran off before I could get a pic with him and his ball

And then I got GIO. I'm keeping this one, because Gio is a goofball like me and even though he's having a rough start he will always be one of my favorites.

I have more to add to my experiences, but it's damn near 3 in the morning so let me get some sleep. I'll be back.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #24: May 04, 2013, 04:39:54 PM »

Since Finga Gunz became viral, I would print up a screen cap of that show the guys. Then tell stras you'll sign it for him if he signs something for you lol