Author Topic: My Experience at Turner Field.  (Read 10324 times)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Re: My Experience at Turner Field.
« Reply #25: May 04, 2013, 05:17:47 PM »
Smithian - listen to the man.  He is a genius.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #26: May 05, 2013, 04:00:45 AM »
Smithian - listen to the man.  He is a genius.

Ian Desmond keeps tweeting about steak so i told him on twitter that for every HR he his between now and May 31st (the next time they are down here) I will put $5 on an Ohmaha Steaks gift card to give him.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #27: May 05, 2013, 10:52:13 AM »
Awsome post.   I like how you treat little kids.   Not sure how generous I would be with any Nats autograph!

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #28: May 05, 2013, 04:00:32 PM »
Awsome post.   I like how you treat little kids.   Not sure how generous I would be with any Nats autograph!

I may come across as an ass most of the time, but I'm just a sarcastic goofball that get's misinterpreted on the internet. The whole thing started last year at Nats park. There was an adorable little girl with a pink glove that really wanted to go home with a ball. I told her that if she didn't get a ball and was well behaved, that she could have mine that was signed by Drew Storen. It's a small act on my part that I think will help make little Nationals fans in the future. Generally I try and give them to kids wearing the appropriate attire. For instance, when Edwin Jackson threw me the ball at Turner, I put it in the case (since it was my first time getting a ball) and gave it to my niece. I found a kid wearing cubs gear so I gave him the ball that I brought. He told me he was pumped because his dad always gets him the cheaper balls and it was his first official one. Turns out his dad was the same guy who let me bum a cigarette off him the night prior. Baseball Karma I guess.

Certain autograph's I won't part with just because of how hard they are to obtain. Jayson Werth, any of our Starting pitchers and Zim would be ones I would definitely hang on too. Guys like Desmond sign more often from what I can tell so I'm reasonably sure I'll be able to replace those ones at the next game.

My two new goals are to get a picture with Soriano doing the "untuck" and when they come back to town I want to get a picture with me presenting Desmond with his Omaha Steaks gift card.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29: May 05, 2013, 04:26:25 PM »
Ian Desmond keeps tweeting about steak so i told him on twitter that for every HR he his between now and May 31st (the next time they are down here) I will put $5 on an Ohmaha Steaks gift card to give him.
In context, is he saying Steaks meaning RBI?  Players call RBI "steaks" because they are "ribeyes."

Back in the day, they were simply "ribbies."
:old:

Offline Squab

• Global Moderator
  • me lookin at the bullpen
« Reply #30: May 05, 2013, 04:34:06 PM »
In context, is he saying Steaks meaning RBI?  Players call RBI "steaks" because they are "ribeyes."

He just keep tweeting #steak.
"#steak on my mind" etc.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #31: May 05, 2013, 04:41:19 PM »

Back in the day, they were simply "ribbies."
:old:

Honestly, I couldn't tell you. To be honest, I only started closely following baseball last year. If that's the case, I guess that just means I'm gonna be out more money than I planned
:money: :money: :money:  :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money:  :money: :money: :money:
:money: :money: :money:  :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money:  :money: :money: :money:

Offline EPRaider

« Reply #32: May 05, 2013, 05:40:49 PM »
Now I joined this forum for some healthy discussion between rivals (I am a Braves Fan) and I didn't like the post about your Gen Sherman TShirt (however it was funny and clever) Seems like you had a great time at the Ted, and the story about giving the child a ball was great.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #33: May 05, 2013, 05:46:42 PM »
I've been to 7 games at Turner Field so far this season.

By in large I've had a good experience. I do appreciate that it's much less expensive to take in a game than in DC. At every game there has been some back and forth banter, but the with the exception of the one guy who would have been very deserving of an ass whopping, it was a mostly positive experience.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #34: May 05, 2013, 07:02:35 PM »
Some signs I just messed around with for the next series down here.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35: May 05, 2013, 07:06:37 PM »
Honestly, I couldn't tell you. To be honest, I only started closely following baseball last year. If that's the case, I guess that just means I'm gonna be out more money than I planned
Nah, it's good.  I'm sure he'll think it is great.  When you send it to him, tell him it's part of a cause you support - Ribeyes for RBIs.

Offline Optics

« Reply #36: May 05, 2013, 08:51:50 PM »
Best. Thread. Ever.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #37: May 06, 2013, 12:38:15 AM »
Someone needs to get that "lock the chop" avi-sized for the next Barves series. 

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #38: May 06, 2013, 07:40:54 AM »
Someone needs to get that "lock the chop" avi-sized for the next Barves series.

I thought the sideways curly W looked like a "B" to make it say "block the chop" but I can tweak it some more

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #39: May 06, 2013, 07:56:20 AM »
Stealing  for a friend of mine who's a Braves fan!

Offline nobleisthyname

« Reply #40: May 07, 2013, 01:11:39 AM »
Fantastic topic  :clap:

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #41: May 16, 2013, 02:37:25 PM »
Well, I'm officially a Braves season ticket holder. They had a 10 game flex plan offer and it allows you to pick and choose your games. I made sure to include the Nationals six remaining games here in Atlanta as well as four more games picked for various reason (post game concerts, teams that are coming to town, promotions, etc.) With fees and everything it came out to only $177.00. Not too bad, so when the Nationals come to town, this is what the view will be from TBSITH.

Granted, those are just the seats that I "paid for" but knowing me, I'll end up making my way down behind the Nationals dugout.

Offline heeman82

« Reply #42: May 16, 2013, 07:02:37 PM »
I'll be in ATL for Nats@Braves weekend series in August.  I only live a couple hours away.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #43: May 17, 2013, 02:03:34 AM »
I'll be in ATL for Nats@Braves weekend series in August.  I only live a couple hours away.

We are grabbing drinks or I will forcibly take your man card.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #44: May 17, 2013, 09:38:41 AM »
Jesus Christ. Cope and Heeman as our reps at Turner Field. I can't wait to read about this.

Offline heeman82

« Reply #45: May 17, 2013, 04:50:36 PM »

I'm down. 

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #46: May 17, 2013, 05:02:53 PM »
Jesus Christ. Cope and Heeman as our reps at Turner Field. I can't wait to read about this.

Testosterone will be shooting up through the roof.      :lol:

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #47: May 18, 2013, 01:17:55 PM »
I'm down.

Are you coming with anyone else? How many? If I remember correctly, you were in the Marines right? If that's the case we need to go see Ray down behind the Nats dugout.... We'll probably be able to end up sitting behind the dugout if there are empty seats. Do you plan on getting down there early for Batting Practice and stuff?

Also, to anyone who knows, is there anyway I can track how may RBIs Desmond has hit between may 5th and now?

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #48: May 18, 2013, 01:30:42 PM »
Are you coming with anyone else? How many? If I remember correctly, you were in the Marines right? If that's the case we need to go see Ray down behind the Nats dugout.... We'll probably be able to end up sitting behind the dugout if there are empty seats. Do you plan on getting down there early for Batting Practice and stuff?

Also, to anyone who knows, is there anyway I can track how may RBIs Desmond has hit between may 5th and now?

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/gl.cgi?id=desmoia01&t=b&year=2013

you can highlight May 5 and the most recent game to get a sum of stats for that range.  He's got 6 RBIs in that timeframe.

Offline maxcat07

« Reply #49: May 18, 2013, 03:46:55 PM »
What an amazing thread...and from someone who is new to baseball!  PLEASE keep posting and keep the pics coming; this is
so much fun to read!  I'm new on this forum, but I'm a long time baseball fanatic.