Author Topic: Nationals @ Mets, Game 1  (Read 15026 times)

Offline sportsfan882

Re: Nationals @ Mets, Game 1
« Reply #650: April 19, 2013, 10:06:06 PM »
FP saying the team's all worried about the expectations for October.  They should thank their manager for that...
They need to put that stuff aside and focus on the present. They may not even get to October unless things start changing now.

They have plenty of time to improve but sooner would be recommended. Don't want these bad habits to stick and for things to start to really snowball downhill.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #651: April 19, 2013, 10:06:57 PM »
Also wondering how many consecutive starts of "Strasburg doesn't have his best stuff tonight" before expectations are adjusted
This, so true. He was pretty good on Opening Day but I don't think you can call that his best stuff either. Where is it?

Offline Displaced Bucco

• Atlanta delenda est - Davey the Elder & WT Sherman
« Reply #652: April 19, 2013, 10:08:33 PM »
Also wondering how many consecutive starts of "Strasburg doesn't have his best stuff tonight" before expectations are adjusted

We're gonna find out a lot about Stras in the next couple of months.   Will he get the mental toughness to be a quality pitcher or will it always be it was hot, it was cold, he got icy hot in his shorts, someone made an error, oh..it wasn't the Pirates, etc.?

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #653: April 19, 2013, 10:15:00 PM »
We're gonna find out a lot about Stras in the next couple of months.   Will he get the mental toughness to be a quality pitcher or will it always be it was hot, it was cold, he got icy hot in his shorts, someone made an error, oh..it wasn't the Pirates, etc.?

Totally off the wall but maybe he's a "San Diego" pitcher.   If it isn't perfect, he can't recover.

Offline BH34Natural

« Reply #654: April 19, 2013, 10:18:17 PM »
We're getting our 10th win tomorrow. When you go to sleep tonight, know that.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #655: April 19, 2013, 10:24:24 PM »
We're getting our 10th win tomorrow. When you go to sleep tonight, know that.

This has been one long assed week in more ways than one.   We'll get 'em tomorrow.

Online Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #656: April 19, 2013, 10:31:39 PM »
That was just a passing fling
  He is a former Met :)

Offline RL04

« Reply #657: April 19, 2013, 10:52:37 PM »

Yup, this has been brought up by me in other GD threads.

In AA, St. Stephen was unhittable.

Now, not so much.

Online Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #658: April 19, 2013, 11:04:10 PM »
OK, so Znn and Det and then the rest.  Where's Wang??

Offline madj55

« Reply #659: April 20, 2013, 12:30:30 AM »
I was at the game, and if you didn't hear it the "HARVEY'S BETTER THAN YOU" chants were so much worse in person, especially after he gave up those two absolute bombs....very pathetic to see. Terrible game for the Nats all around. Desmond freaking up the first play of the game really killed the Stras' vibe from what I could see. And Strasburg needs to stop being a princess and deal with adversity better, pisses me the freak off with his pis poor body language sometimes.

I still can't believe nobody went up first pitch hacking against Harvey, everyone knows he's throwing the heater yet 1-8 all watched it go by...except for Strasburg, go figure.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #660: April 20, 2013, 09:52:09 AM »
And Strasburg needs to stop being a princess and deal with adversity better, pisses me the freak off with his pis poor body language sometimes.

Tim hudson?

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #661: April 20, 2013, 10:49:50 AM »
Tim hudson?

All things considered, I thought Strasburg battled pretty well. He had a less than optimal start and didn't have his best command, but I didn't see a shrinking violet either. I do believe he needs to go back to pitching for Ks, or whatever is working best that day.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #662: April 20, 2013, 01:45:30 PM »
restoring order in the universe threads