Author Topic: It's over for Drew Storen -- Or is it?  (Read 41617 times)

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
I think he will, and I will bet you a Twinkie in it's original packaging.

Or you could just ignore me because I am smammyjacked tonight.

Twinkies are coming back, with non-union labor.

And I can't ignore you ... I'd miss out on the threesomes

Offline madj55

Maybe a haircut was all Storen needed, his stuff looked great last night and he pitched with a fearless attitude...but then again the game wasn't on the line. Hopefully that's a confidence booster for him.

Offline Evolution33

• Blown Save, Win
Maybe a haircut was all Storen needed, his stuff looked great last night and he pitched with a fearless attitude...but then again the game wasn't on the line. Hopefully that's a confidence booster for him.

Storen's blown save the other day where he "lacked confidence" came on three softly hit ground balls. For the season he is pitching exactly like Drew Storen. He has a 3.08 FIP compared to a career average of 3.12. His ERA is high because he has a .370 BABIP compared to a career average of .277. His K/9 is good, his BB/9 is exceptional, and his HR/9 is a bit high but that is due to him being a reliever and the two homers he gave up against the Mets in April. If Ryan Zimmerman eats the ground ball from Justin Upton, Storen only has one blown save on the season. I would be much more concerned if Storen was actually pitching poorly instead of pitching well and having bad results. I am 100% certain he will blow a save again before his career is over and a couple of those may be in the playoffs, but if he were "damaged goods" he wouldn't be pitching in the exact manner as he has always pitched for his entire career.

Offline MorseTheHorse

Great post Evolution33.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!

He looked completely in command last night. That's all he needs to do. All relievers give up hits and runs and blow leads. They just can't give it away by not throwing strikes. Hopefully last night was a good confidence booster, and regular work will show the results expected.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Agreed. And it will be completely ignored by folks that think that a good pitcher has metaphysical control over the game.

Great post Evolution33.

Offline madj55

Storen's blown save the other day where he "lacked confidence" came on three softly hit ground balls. For the season he is pitching exactly like Drew Storen. He has a 3.08 FIP compared to a career average of 3.12. His ERA is high because he has a .370 BABIP compared to a career average of .277. His K/9 is good, his BB/9 is exceptional, and his HR/9 is a bit high but that is due to him being a reliever and the two homers he gave up against the Mets in April. If Ryan Zimmerman eats the ground ball from Justin Upton, Storen only has one blown save on the season. I would be much more concerned if Storen was actually pitching poorly instead of pitching well and having bad results. I am 100% certain he will blow a save again before his career is over and a couple of those may be in the playoffs, but if he were "damaged goods" he wouldn't be pitching in the exact manner as he has always pitched for his entire career.
Uhhh the first pitch he threw was absolutely smoked into right field against the Cubs. And yes, I was at that Mets game which kinda made me sour on him because that game as a whole sucked to be at. As for the blown save against the Braves you can't play the "if" game and blame it on a fielder, cause if Storen didn't walk a batter and give up two hits then they wouldn't be in the situation in the first place.

Anyway, here's to hoping Storen can be dominant from now on like last night.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
Drew Storen will come around.

Online welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball

+1. He's the same pitcher.

Offline sph274

yea i did not realize his BABIP was so high either. he is definitely due for some regression there

Offline madj55

Another inning, another run given up! Thanks for keeping us in games Drew!

Offline PC

Another inning, another run given up! Thanks for keeping us in games Drew!

Well, the offense scored one run.  As much as I'd like to pile on, you can't blame the pitching when the offense scores one run, ONE FREAKING RUN IN THE PAST 22 INNINGS!!!

Offline madj55

True, however Storen still isn't getting his job done consistently to be used in close ball games like this.

Offline sportsfan882

Drew Storen sucks ass. Apologists need not post.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
You can't get pissed at pitching when they're mowing teams down and the offense sucks.

I'm sure the pitching staff plus McCatty and Lett are having pitching meetings and telling the guys they have to do more and shut people put, but let's be realistic; Our pitching is borderline fantastic. The position guys have to start hitting the ball.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Drew Storen sucks ass. Apologists need not post.
That's it, then.  This thread is not a place for discussion.  Post to your heart's content with your 1 line insults, SF.  No one else post.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
Apologists need not post.

Even though I don't need to....I apolgize for SF

Offline madj55

Okay, idk why I came in here last night to hate on Storen to be honest with you. He really didn't pitch that badly last night

Offline nobleisthyname

As much as he's seemed to struggle he's still sporting a 3.48 FIP and 4.67 K/BB ratio which is by far the best of his career (SSS). Also his BABIP as others have already pointed out is an ungodly .360 (.277 career).

I'm sure we'll see some regression soon.

EDIT:

Yeah, evolution already covered it all...

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Gusty job tonight

:clap:

Offline NationalHeat

Lol damaged goods.

Offline Optics

It's never easy with Drew.

I miss 2005 Chad Cordero.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
Runners at the corners with 1 out, I thought it was at least going to the 11th.  But drew got it done :clap:

Offline sportsfan882

That changeup is a really nice pitch. That is an equalizer to get people off his fastball. He needs to start using it more vs LH hitters because they have been hitting him well.

Offline sportsfan882

lol Storen's dad retweets:

Scott Miller ‏@ScottMCBS 8m
Gutsy performance by Drew Storen. Had to work hard for that one.
 Retweeted by Mark Patrick

But in all seriousness, hats off to that K of Denorfia. Great pitching.