Author Topic: Following the Minor League Teams (2013)  (Read 19385 times)

Offline Mr Clean

Re: Following the Minor League Teams (2013)
« Reply #150: June 05, 2013, 03:53:16 PM »
Demny got promoted to Syracuse? interesting.

Mr No hitter getting close to the show.

Offline Squab

• Global Moderator
  • me lookin at the bullpen
« Reply #151: June 05, 2013, 06:37:01 PM »
Demny got promoted to Syracuse? interesting.
Probably more of a move up to fill a spot than a promotion, but he's there either way.

Offline TigerFan

• A split allegiance is still an allegiance
« Reply #152: June 05, 2013, 06:50:49 PM »
I thought about making my first Senators game tonight (free Bryce Harper poster night) but I really want to see this new look Nats team. 

Offline Glockypoo

« Reply #153: June 06, 2013, 02:25:05 PM »
Lots of noise about the Suns moving to Fredericksburg.

The Hagerstown Suns will move to Fredericksburg if the city approves construction of a multi-purpose baseball stadium, the team’s majority owner told The Free Lance-Star on Wednesday.

Principal owner Bruce Quinn said the Suns, a Class A affiliate of the Washington Nationals, could begin playing in Fredericksburg as soon as the 2015 season if City Council approves the deal, which would involve Fredericksburg issuing as much as $30 million in bonds to finance construction of a publicly owned stadium off Interstate 95 in Celebrate Virginia South.

“I think that right now we’re going full-speed ahead with Fredericksburg,” Quinn said, calling the city “a nice community” that will support baseball.

Quinn has been trying to negotiate the terms of a new lease with Hagerstown, Md., where a team has been based in some form since 1981, but that city has taken its time identifying potential locations and committing funding toward the construction of a new stadium.

“At this point, there’s been no discussions with Hagerstown,” Quinn said. “You know, it was put on the back burner after the election, and it stayed there until just very recently.”
http://news.fredericksburg.com/businessbrowser/2013/06/06/hagerstown-suns-to-fredericksburg-build-it-and-we-will-come/

Online Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #154: June 08, 2013, 10:34:48 PM »
Potomac Nationals have won 10 in a row!

Don't mess with the P Nats!

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #155: June 09, 2013, 12:32:15 AM »
Potomac Nationals have won 10 in a row!

Don't mess with the P Nats!

they made both games pretty interesting today.  Blew a 5-0 lead in the first game, then almost blew an 8-5 lead in the 7th.  Then in game two, they did their best to blow a 4-1 lead but they managed to hang on.

Saturday night P-Nats games are a lot of fun, with a great fireworks show.

Offline imref

« Reply #156: June 09, 2013, 12:35:04 AM »
P-Nats are sending three to the Carolina league all start game: Robbie Ray, Blake Schwartz, and Billy Burns.

Burns looks really good, tons of speed, can get on base.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #157: June 09, 2013, 10:02:23 AM »
He's Boomer Whiting v 2.0.

Offline imref

« Reply #158: June 09, 2013, 05:54:49 PM »
P-Nats finally lose,  bullpen implodes again after Taylor Hill's 6 IP, 3H, 2BB, 5K, 0ER performance.  Colin Bates gives up 6 ER in 1IP. 

Offline TigerFan

« Reply #159: June 09, 2013, 06:24:08 PM »
P-Nats finally lose,  bullpen implodes again after Taylor Hill's 6 IP, 3H, 2BB, 5K, 0ER performance.  Colin Bates gives up 6 ER in 1IP.

How is anyone, on any team, allowed to give up 6 runs in one inning as a reliever?

Offline imref

« Reply #160: June 09, 2013, 09:46:04 PM »
How is anyone, on any team, allowed to give up 6 runs in one inning as a reliever?

i'm wondering if they didn't have anyone left after yesterday's DH and just figured they'd let him get through it.

Offline TigerFan

« Reply #161: June 09, 2013, 11:05:51 PM »
i'm wondering if they didn't have anyone left after yesterday's DH and just figured they'd let him get through it.

That would do it.  I knew they held on for a tight win yesterday.  I failed to remember it was a DH. 

Offline TigerFan

« Reply #162: June 10, 2013, 07:24:34 PM »
We guy came into my shop this afternoon wearing a really nice Nationals jacket.  I went out and asked if he was a big Nats fan.  He chuckled, said he works for the Senators, so he has to be.  I said ok and net back to work.  I guess you don't have to be a fan but I would venture a guess that most people working for a AA team would be.  His answer was actually quite off putting to me. 

Offline I can Throw

« Reply #163: June 10, 2013, 07:41:08 PM »
We guy came into my shop this afternoon wearing a really nice Nationals jacket.  I went out and asked if he was a big Nats fan.  He chuckled, said he works for the Senators, so he has to be.  I said ok and net back to work.  I guess you don't have to be a fan but I would venture a guess that most people working for a AA team would be.  His answer was actually quite off putting to me. 

I used to work for two Bundesliga clubs, wanted them to do well, but wasn't a fan. I understand exactly how the guy feels. 

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #164: June 10, 2013, 08:15:42 PM »

He's probably a Phillies fan, based on geography.

Offline TigerFan

« Reply #165: June 10, 2013, 08:25:09 PM »
I used to work for two Bundesliga clubs, wanted them to do well, but wasn't a fan. I understand exactly how the guy feels.

I guess if I were in either situation, even if I wasn't the biggest fan, I think I would fake it a little more or not wear their gear off the clock.  Just seemed weird. 

Offline I can Throw

« Reply #166: June 10, 2013, 09:18:08 PM »
I guess if I were in either situation, even if I wasn't the biggest fan, I think I would fake it a little more or not wear their gear off the clock.  Just seemed weird. 

When I worked for a soccer team in the US that was owned by a minor league baseball team, I was not a fan of the minor league bball team at all.  But if you were on the street - You would not know that. I would smile and say, "Not only am I fan, I work there too."

With Bayer leverkusen, I liked them, thought I had a very cool job, but could never really like the team. 

Offline TigerFan

« Reply #167: June 11, 2013, 09:01:55 AM »
Anyone know a good site to figure out who is starting for the Harrisburg Senators?  I went to their main page but it lists Treinen as starting tonight.  He started yesterday and went four innings.  I can't imagine they would start him again today. 

Offline TigerFan

« Reply #169: June 11, 2013, 09:42:24 AM »
Pennlive, should have known. Thanks SF.

Offline TigerFan

« Reply #170: June 11, 2013, 11:42:55 PM »
I chose a great game to go to if you like your games low scoring and your pitchers dealing.  Denny was very impressive and Josh Johnson scored the only run with a PH HR in the 6th. 

I didn't realize Matt Lecroy's infamous history with the Nats until tonight.  Pulled in the MIDDLE of an inning after six SB's Against and two errors?  That's just impossible to fathom. 

The most insane thing I might have ever seen happen at a baseball game happened tonight.  A foul ball went between a kid, maybe 7 yo, and an old man, maybe 65 yo.  The old man out muscled the kid for the ball.  Immediately the crowd started booing pretty hardcore.  Then he crowd starting yelling give it back.  So loud actually the HP umpire called time to figure out what was going on.   

Offline monkeyhit

« Reply #171: June 13, 2013, 08:49:15 AM »
Our two A level teams doing really well in the standings and Harrisburg is coming on.  A nice player is Caleb Ramsey for Potomac, who is a Lombardozzi-like player...infield/outfield doesn't matter, hits too.  5 for 6 last night.

There is a 19yearold from Las Vegas (maybe Bryce knows him) named Joey Gallo who plays for Hickory Crawdads - a 6'5" 3rd baseman -  who hit 5 HRs against Hagerstown this week and has 20 for the season!  Hickory is a Texas Ranger affiliate.  Maybe a name to watch...or trade for!

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #172: June 13, 2013, 10:05:30 PM »
Potomac Nationals ‏@PNats42 23s
The Potomac Nationals are 2013 First-Half Carolina League Northern Division Champions!!

Offline imref

« Reply #173: June 13, 2013, 11:34:55 PM »
Our two A level teams doing really well in the standings and Harrisburg is coming on.  A nice player is Caleb Ramsey for Potomac, who is a Lombardozzi-like player...infield/outfield doesn't matter, hits too.  5 for 6 last night.

There is a 19yearold from Las Vegas (maybe Bryce knows him) named Joey Gallo who plays for Hickory Crawdads - a 6'5" 3rd baseman -  who hit 5 HRs against Hagerstown this week and has 20 for the season!  Hickory is a Texas Ranger affiliate.  Maybe a name to watch...or trade for!

Is he the son of the late attorney Jerry gallo?

Offline imref

« Reply #174: June 14, 2013, 12:11:39 AM »
Rough night for Erik Davis:

@edavis19 Stay hot @Delta, can't get me where I'm going, no gate agents available, and lost all 3 of my bags