Author Topic: Cheap place to buy a jersey?  (Read 2537 times)

Offline SkinsNDeacs

Cheap place to buy a jersey?
« Topic Start: February 13, 2013, 09:23:03 PM »
I am looking to get a Zimm jersey.  Where is the best place to buy a good but affordable jersey?  I know there are a ton of Chinese sites but those make me nervous...anyone had any luck with them?

Offline Displaced Bucco

• Atlanta delenda est - Davey the Elder & WT Sherman
Re: Cheap place to buy a jersey?
« Reply #1: February 13, 2013, 09:36:57 PM »
Not necessarily cheap, but cheaper.  I bought a couple of jerseys from them and was happy with product and service.

http://www.sportsk.com/wana.html

Offline Hondo

« Reply #2: February 13, 2013, 10:01:04 PM »
I go to the team store!  My brother in law works for the Nats and gets a 50% discount!  booyah! :mg:

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #3: February 13, 2013, 10:01:40 PM »
modells has a great deal right now.  the other night i went in and the $100 replicas were like 25% off at least.  and they were current players/current style

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #4: February 13, 2013, 10:48:25 PM »
I second modells. Got mine there last year on sale plus a web site coupon

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #5: February 14, 2013, 12:37:24 AM »
There's a "foreign" site we've ordered jerseys from and have been quite pleased with the quality especially considering the price point being around $21 sans shipping. The thing is, you almost need to do a big group order for it to be worth it due to the cost of shipping. If you want the site, message me and I'll send it to you.

Offline amanuel

• what the hell is going on out there?
    • RBSL
« Reply #6: February 14, 2013, 12:50:17 AM »
Springfield, VA modells has Michael Morses jersey going for $20 bucks now.. As for there regular jersey I think they had it for $20 dollars off (from $100) during the offseason but now that the season has started I dont know if it went back to regular price.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #7: February 14, 2013, 09:07:50 AM »
I thought the Mall closed.  Where is the Springfield Modell's?

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #8: February 14, 2013, 09:18:22 AM »
It's not in the Mall, it's a stand alone location by the Metro.

Offline Count Walewski

« Reply #9: February 14, 2013, 09:23:36 AM »
Discount clothing stores (Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, Burlington Coat Factory, etc.) often have heavily discounted jerseys or jersey shirts. But their supply is inconsistent: they stock what they can get their hands on at any given time, which is not predictable.

Offline amanuel

• what the hell is going on out there?
    • RBSL
« Reply #10: February 14, 2013, 12:50:14 PM »
I thought the Mall closed.  Where is the Springfield Modell's?
They moved across the mall to where the old boarders location used to be.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #11: February 14, 2013, 01:28:25 PM »
I'm just annoyed that I could not find stock Jordan Zimmermann jerseys all year.

Offline SkinsNDeacs

« Reply #12: February 14, 2013, 04:29:47 PM »
There's a "foreign" site we've ordered jerseys from and have been quite pleased with the quality especially considering the price point being around $21 sans shipping. The thing is, you almost need to do a big group order for it to be worth it due to the cost of shipping. If you want the site, message me and I'll send it to you.

check your inbox

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #13: February 14, 2013, 05:09:46 PM »
I'm just annoyed that I could not find stock Jordan Zimmermann jerseys all year.

by a RZ jersey, take a red pen and add an extra z.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #14: February 15, 2013, 12:37:53 PM »
I bought a knock off and it was a total waste. Like, seriously disappointing. I ended up just giving it to someone so they had something Nationals related to wear to a game. I have my game worn BP jersey that I got for a good deal ($50) because the player was traded. I was more into it because of we share the same last name, not because I'm a JC Romero fan. I finally sprung for the big ticket authentic Harper jersey and I'm glad I did because it is (much like myself) a sexy piece of gear, but I don't think I'm gonna be dropping $250 for a jersey again anytime soon.

The one thing I noticed while I was at a game one time is that the patches on a knock off one faded really bad. One guy was wearing on which the left shoulder patch had faded to a bright orange.

Offline LightningMcQueen

« Reply #15: February 15, 2013, 02:50:44 PM »
I was able to get an authentic road jersey (not fake) blank on eBay for $24. It has the DC patch on the sleeve, but I ordered the new circular patch and the entire total process will end up being $38 total.

Very happy with that.

Offline NookLoganMafia

« Reply #16: February 15, 2013, 03:57:09 PM »
I was able to get an authentic road jersey (not fake) blank on eBay for $24. It has the DC patch on the sleeve, but I ordered the new circular patch and the entire total process will end up being $38 total.

Very happy with that.

I don't mean to piss in your cornflakes, but for that price, I highly suspect it's also counterfeit.  Half the stuff on eBay that the sellers claim as "authentic" is counterfeit.  Pretty much the only way to know it's not counterfeit is to buy at Modell's or the team store.

And I say this as somebody who buys nothing but the counterfeit ones (and has been very happy with the product).

Offline LightningMcQueen

« Reply #17: February 15, 2013, 06:53:27 PM »
I don't mean to piss in your cornflakes, but for that price, I highly suspect it's also counterfeit.  Half the stuff on eBay that the sellers claim as "authentic" is counterfeit.  Pretty much the only way to know it's not counterfeit is to buy at Modell's or the team store.

And I say this as somebody who buys nothing but the counterfeit ones (and has been very happy with the product).

Haha, youre not pissing in my cornflakes. I'm the same way, if I saw that, id probably call bluff too. But the reason is was so cheap was because I just got in September, and it's the same Washington script across the front, but it's the DC shoulder patch with gold trim, and the mlb logo neck patch with gold as well. I'm also a small guy, and the seller had a tough time getting rid of a size 40. So he relisted the item, and nobody bid on it, so I was able to swoop in and get a great price.

I'm at the Sabres game now, but I'll post a photo later for the judges. Haha

Offline LightningMcQueen

« Reply #18: February 16, 2013, 09:57:27 PM »
UPDATE here are the photos I promised:
Old style DC patch (which is why the price was down)
Close up of the script across the chest:

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #19: February 16, 2013, 10:18:39 PM »
Why bother replacing the DC patch? Now that the team is popular, an older jersey is less common. I have the jersey you posted and love it. Got it for a bit more than what you paid, though.  ;)

I wish I had invested in more jerseys years ago, honestly.

Offline LightningMcQueen

« Reply #20: February 16, 2013, 10:22:10 PM »
Why bother replacing the DC patch? Now that the team is popular, an older jersey is less common. I have the jersey you posted and love it. Got it for a bit more than what you paid, though.  ;)

I wish I had invested in more jerseys years ago, honestly.

To be honest with you, I don't love the DC patch.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #21: February 16, 2013, 10:25:01 PM »
Fair enough :)

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #22: February 17, 2013, 08:00:26 AM »
Went looking for tshirt jerseys for myself and my daughter yesterday- she has a Desmond shirt dress now (only player left in children's small),  so I'm now a big Desmond fan by default

Offline codedandunited

« Reply #23: February 17, 2013, 10:09:05 PM »
Did you get that from Fullmoonjersreys on eBay?  That's where I got my grey, red, and DC stars and Stripes jersey.  I'm a small guy too, I wear size 40s.  If you find any on eBay that you are curious about, ask the guys on projerseytalk.com and they'll help you out.

Offline LightningMcQueen

« Reply #24: February 18, 2013, 01:01:49 AM »
Did you get that from Fullmoonjersreys on eBay?  That's where I got my grey, red, and DC stars and Stripes jersey.  I'm a small guy too, I wear size 40s.  If you find any on eBay that you are curious about, ask the guys on projerseytalk.com and they'll help you out.

Yes sir I did. Great supplier