Author Topic: Nationals/baseball memorabillia  (Read 277 times)

Offline NationalHeat

Nationals/baseball memorabillia
« Topic Start: February 06, 2013, 11:32:47 AM »
So I'm putting a display cabinet in my spare bedroom of all my baseball memorabillia. Got tons of rookie cards and Nats stuff (plaques, signed baseballs and programs, etc)

I'm looking for something Nats themed or DC themed to be my centerpiece. I guess, for now, I'd be willing to drop 500 or so at most on this. I was thinking of a Ted Williams autographed baseball with the obvious Senators tie in, or something signed by Harper. Am I missing anything? Any suggestions?

What I'd LOVE is a Walter Johnson baseball card, but they start at like $1,000  :(

Offline imref

• 1B: The New Hot Corner
Re: Nationals/baseball memorabillia
« Reply #1: February 06, 2013, 11:55:17 AM »
a bottle of icy hot, signed by Stephen Strasburg.

In all seriousness, how about signed, game-worn jersey?

Online nats2playoffs

« Reply #2: February 06, 2013, 12:00:49 PM »

Former Washington Nationals manager, Manny Acta

A true collector's item: the Manny Acta bobblehead, autographed!
I have one for you... It's probably worth $250.  Taking bids now!

Future Hall of Famer Manny Acta at The Big Train, Bethesda, Maryland

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #3: February 06, 2013, 12:45:38 PM »
mlb is selling a Strasburg autographed Jersey for $557. You could also go with a nice framed photo of Nats Park during a game- I'd try to go with something that looks good from across the room not something that you have to go up to and squint to see

Offline NationalHeat

« Reply #4: February 06, 2013, 12:50:31 PM »
mlb is selling a Strasburg autographed Jersey for $557. You could also go with a nice framed photo of Nats Park during a game- I'd try to go with something that looks good from across the room not something that you have to go up to and squint to see

Thats a good idea, lets see if I can find a Bryce Harper one. Saw on block letter Nationals jersey signed by RZim for about 250 too.

Offline imref

• 1B: The New Hot Corner
« Reply #5: February 06, 2013, 02:56:43 PM »
Thats a good idea, lets see if I can find a Bryce Harper one. Saw on block letter Nationals jersey signed by RZim for about 250 too.

take a road-trip to Cooperstown.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #6: February 06, 2013, 08:05:10 PM »
So I'm putting a display cabinet in my spare bedroom of all my baseball memorabillia. Got tons of rookie cards and Nats stuff (plaques, signed baseballs and programs, etc)

I'm looking for something Nats themed or DC themed to be my centerpiece. I guess, for now, I'd be willing to drop 500 or so at most on this. I was thinking of a Ted Williams autographed baseball with the obvious Senators tie in, or something signed by Harper. Am I missing anything? Any suggestions?

What I'd LOVE is a Walter Johnson baseball card, but they start at like $1,000  :(

IF you want something Walter Johnson related,  I know a Memoribilia dealer who is his grandson.   He's usually at the collector's showcase show at Chantilly.   I don't know how much his stuff costs but he's fair.   Go to Csashows.com to find exactly dates.   I think the next show is in April.   RG3 and my man Cal will be there!

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #7: February 06, 2013, 08:16:26 PM »

I'm still pissed I didn't buy the Ted Williams autographed 8x10 picture I saw in an antique mall in Dallas.  $65.  I went home, thought about it overnight, drove out the next day but it was sold.  He was wearing a Senators jacket.    :bang:

Offline NationalHeat

« Reply #8: February 06, 2013, 09:51:05 PM »
Wow, that would have been perfect.

And thanks for the heads up about the collector show!

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #9: February 06, 2013, 10:39:29 PM »
Lots of nice stuff out there. I'm sure you could get a lower rated Walter Johnson for well under $1000.

I have numbered MLB print of Dubya throwing out the 1st pitch in 05 and another of Strasburg's 1st pitch.