Author Topic: Most Influential Current and Past Nats (personal project)  (Read 1979 times)

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
Ok, so I'm thinking about doing another Nats-related craft for this season. I want to do an afghan with the Nats logo and a list/background of Nats/Senator players. A bit like what I made last season (you can see it here: http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=27871.msg1136067#msg1136067) but a lot bigger, and warmer with this logo: logo here)

So, I would like to make a  good list of the most important or influential Nats/Senators, either past or present. Any suggestions for names or where to find names would be fantastic. I'll be looking anywhere between 30-40+ player names.

If I can get a good list I can start designing it and see if it's feasible! So thanks in advance  8)

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
Paul Lo Duca, Pudge, and Wil Nieves.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Zimm.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
Zimm.
Definitely. I was thinking maybe Harper or Strasburg but neither have been with the team for too long.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
Elijah Dukes, Austin Kearns, Lastings Milledge, and Nyjer Morgan.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
Livo
Zimm
Cordero
Strasburg
Dunn

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
Alberto Gonzalez, Pete Orr, Anderson Hernandez, Cristian Guzman, Adam Kennedy, and Ronnie Belliard.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Start with the All Stars Livo, Chief, Zimmm, Meat, Guz, Stras, Gonzo, Harp, Desi, Clippard, Capps, and Soriano.

Offline houston-nat

Livo
Zimm
Cordero
Strasburg
Dunn
Just to clarify, Chad Cordero, not Wil Cordero. ;)

And I think this list is perfect.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
A segway needs to be depicted as well.

And Teddy.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
Rob Dibble.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
A wounded buttocks.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
A wounded buttocks.
Classy. Could put that on the back :lol:

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
The Nats trainer throwing up the "x" signal.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Miss Iowa

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
If you are doing all washington baseball, then you have to start talking to Welch. 

Walter Johnson would be #1.  You could do worse than the statues - Josh Gibson from the Washington Grays was one of the greatest sluggers of all time at the most demanding field position.  Frank Howard is a good representative from the 1960s era Senators.

Others you can argue about, such as the guys like Killebrew who started here but blossomed in Minnesota.  You probably don't want Expos because this seems more Washington themed, but if you were to include that part of the franchise history, then Gary Carter, Andre Dawson, and Tim Raines would be the best choices (even over Pedro Martinez and Larry Walker, who were stars in Montreal in the early 90s but blossomed elsewhere).

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
Mike Bacsik.

Offline Rick

don't forget pete rose as an expo. :)  He hit his 4,000th career hit in an expos uniform, although his short stay with the team was pretty uneventful.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
As JCA posted, just make sure Walter Johnson is the unquestioned top dog. Exclude all expos players.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Exclude all expos players.

Right, even ones that stayed on to play for the Nats.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Ok, so I'm thinking about doing another Nats-related craft for this season. I want to do an afghan with the Nats logo and a list/background of Nats/Senator players. A bit like what I made last season (you can see it here: http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=27871.msg1136067#msg1136067) but a lot bigger, and warmer with this logo: logo here)

So, I would like to make a  good list of the most important or influential Nats/Senators, either past or present. Any suggestions for names or where to find names would be fantastic. I'll be looking anywhere between 30-40+ player names.

If I can get a good list I can start designing it and see if it's feasible! So thanks in advance  8)

Ever hear from the Nats about the hats?

“We looked!
Then we saw him
step in on the mat!
We looked!
And we saw him!
The Cat in the Hat!"

Dr. Seuss

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
Ever hear from the Nats about the hats?

“We looked!
Then we saw him
step in on the mat!
We looked!
And we saw him!
The Cat in the Hat!"

Dr. Seuss

I never contacted them - I just thought I'd keep it to myself :) This blanket, depending on how quickly it is made, will either A) be used when it gets super-cold during our (hopeful) postseason (I FROZE last time) or B) sell, either to go to charity or to help pay off something (I'm looking to get a car sometime soon).

Offline HalfSmokes

How has nook escaped notice?

Offline Mattionals

You probably don't want Expos because this seems more Washington themed, but if you were to include that part of the franchise history, then Gary Carter, Andre Dawson, and Tim Raines would be the best choices (even over Pedro Martinez and Larry Walker, who were stars in Montreal in the early 90s but blossomed elsewhere).

You are missing one of the single greatest Expos on that list.  The guy who got me into baseball, Mr. Vladimir Guerrero.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
It needs a beachball.