Author Topic: Gio linked to roids???  (Read 23540 times)

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Re: Gio linked to roids???
« Reply #100: January 29, 2013, 11:10:24 AM »
The New Times is essentially like the City Paper, so I'd be inclined to wait on rushing to judgment...

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS
word is, Miami New Times has more player names (but so far less substantiation on those). #peds #miami http://bit.ly/TR11uG

This is going to get a lot bigger.  As I said earlier, this report is probably just the tip of the iceberg.  My guess is a lot of other players names

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #101: January 29, 2013, 11:15:13 AM »
So, when he pitches effectively in our rotation, do we yell "Dooooook!" for Zach Duke, and when he is ineffective do we cough and yell "Zaaack, pthppt, Zach" like we are coughing up a hairball?

Offline ernie0326

« Reply #102: January 29, 2013, 11:23:48 AM »
I REFUSE to speculate on anything until and ONLY until this comes completely to light.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #103: January 29, 2013, 11:25:03 AM »
I REFUSE to speculate on anything until and ONLY until this comes completely to light.
:clap: my stance too, no need to freak out or exhale until I have evidence and reason to do so.

Offline Ray D

« Reply #104: January 29, 2013, 11:25:42 AM »
But when it comes completely to light there will be no need to speculate.  Might as well speculate now while you can.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #105: January 29, 2013, 11:34:30 AM »

Balco started in 2003, Bonds went to trial in 2011. The Mitchell report was 2007, Clemens went to trial in 2011. If that's the time table, no need to care while he's still a Nat

Offline Squab

• Global Moderator
  • me lookin at the bullpen
« Reply #106: January 29, 2013, 11:37:18 AM »
I'm sure I'm not the only one who believes he didn't do this, but I haven't seen anyone mention:
he report says a specific note in Biogenesis' 2012 notebook is attributed to Gonzalez. That note reads: "Order 1.c.1 with Zinc/MIC/... and Aminorip. For Gio and charge $1,000."

The New Times says Aminorip is a "muscle-building protein."

None of the substances listed in connection with Gonzalez are found on MLB's banned substances list.
We obviously don't have enough information. But I think it's silly for this to "explain" his performance last year.
Before the season I(and others) predicted a jump in Gio's performance coming to the National League, it's common for pitcher ERA to drop like his did, strikeouts to rise and walks to fall.
I'd also like to point out that the BB's only fell from 91 to 76 in 32 starts, he pitched 3 more innings the year before he came to the Nats as well. His velocity did increase last year, but it's been trending upward most of his career.
http://www.fangraphs.com/pitchfxo.aspx?playerid=7448&position=P&pitch=FA

Offline Rasta

« Reply #107: January 29, 2013, 11:47:14 AM »
Jayson Stark ‏@jaysonst
I'm hearing there's more coming from the Miami New Times later today on Anthony Bosch & his famous clients. So stay tuned.

Offline Rasta

« Reply #108: January 29, 2013, 11:48:09 AM »
Let's just hope there aren't any other Nats in these reports.

Offline Squab

• Global Moderator
« Reply #109: January 29, 2013, 11:49:49 AM »
Quote from: Gio Gonzalez
I've never used performance enhancing drugs of any kind and I never will ,I've never met or spoken with tony Bosch or used any substance Provided by him.anything said to the contrary is a lie.
From his Twitter.
Same statement issued to the Washington Times
Quote from: Washington Times
UPDATE: In a statement issued through his representatives, Gonzalez said: "I've never used performance-enhancing drugs of any kind, and I never will. I've never met or spoken with Tony Bosch or used any substances provided by him. Anything said to the contrary is a lie."

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #110: January 29, 2013, 11:51:25 AM »
Well, that's a very strong statement.

Offline PC

« Reply #111: January 29, 2013, 11:52:11 AM »
Well, that's that.

Offline ZIM4MVP

« Reply #112: January 29, 2013, 11:52:44 AM »
I will put faith in Gio but I hope he gets hammered if there is anything that shows he did meet Tony Bosch or used substance provided by him, legal or not.  I do not want to deal with another Lance Armstrong

Offline Squab

• Global Moderator
« Reply #113: January 29, 2013, 11:53:42 AM »
I do not want to deal with another Lance Armstrong

Not quite the same thing.

Offline Rasta

« Reply #114: January 29, 2013, 11:56:26 AM »
Very strong statement from Gio.  I'll believe him until there is evidence to the contrary.  Let's hope there is no further evidence other than what we've heard. 

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #115: January 29, 2013, 11:58:19 AM »
Gio should have left off the part having never met/spoke to the guy.

Because even if what Gio said was legit, it would all be undone in the public eye if there's any proven communication between the two. Regardless if he did PED's or not.

Offline Upark25

« Reply #116: January 29, 2013, 11:58:21 AM »
I believe Gio he is very trust worthy guy from what I can tell (which isn't much) but he is putting his rep on the line here with this so until something comes out that says he is lying then I will believe him.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #117: January 29, 2013, 12:00:41 PM »

Because even if what Gio said was legit, it would all be undone in the public eye if there's any proven communication between the two. Regardless if he did PED's or not.

Actually I think the part about using substances provided by him is riskier.  He knows whether he's ever met or spoken with Bosch.  He can't possibly know for certain that he's never used anything indirectly provided by Bosch when his dad has already admitted to buying from him.

Offline ZIM4MVP

« Reply #118: January 29, 2013, 12:01:44 PM »
Not quite the same thing.

not trying to compare him to Lance, but other than the fact he hasn't sued anyone for saying he has taken PED's, if he is caught lying I don't see how it is much different

Offline PC

« Reply #119: January 29, 2013, 12:02:35 PM »
I think he'd know whether or not he's used his father's drugs unless his father was slipping them to him without his knowledge.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #120: January 29, 2013, 12:02:41 PM »
Actually I think the part about using substances provided by him is riskier.  He knows whether he's ever met or spoken with Bosch.  He can't possibly know for certain that he's never used anything indirectly provided by Bosch when his dad has already admitted to buying from him.

Oh, that's a good point. Didn't think about it that way. Then again... why would he allow his father to use his name for a shady doctor? Just give your dad the money, and stay out of it.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #121: January 29, 2013, 12:03:24 PM »

Maybe he said it because there has been no communication between the two. :lol:

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #122: January 29, 2013, 12:04:01 PM »
Oh, that's a good point. Didn't think about it that way. Then again... why would he allow his father to use his name for a shady doctor? Just give your dad the money, and stay out of it.

I'm thinking more along the lines of accidental usage.  "Hey Dad, do you have anything for _______?".  "Sure son, the red pills on the counter"

That kind of thing.

Offline PebbleBall

• Now that right there is baseball.
« Reply #123: January 29, 2013, 12:05:52 PM »
I do not want to deal with another Lance Armstrong

The key to that is not putting him on a pedestal to begin with.

Offline madj55

« Reply #124: January 29, 2013, 12:07:08 PM »
Wow, big statemet from Gio. Hopefully it holds true.