Author Topic: Fuel efficiency (split from Nationals Virginia License Plate)  (Read 1872 times)

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Fuel is way too cheap in this country.  So are cars, especially large ones.

lol, that's some pretty wrong-headed thinking.  I understand what you're getting at though.

Online HalfSmokes

If you look at the state of transportation infrastructure and the lack of a budget to fix mist of it,  maybe gas taxes should be higher

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
If you look at the state of ________ and the lack of a budget to fix mist of it,  maybe ________ taxes should be higher

Neither agreeing or disagreeing, but you could say that about literally anything.  I doubt you'd sell the half of the country that doesn't live in a major metro area on raising gas taxes to fund mass transit.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Mass Transit is a disaster.  Right Minty/Linty.

Online HalfSmokes

Neither agreeing or disagreeing, but you could say that about literally anything.  I doubt you'd sell the half of the country that doesn't live in a major metro area on raising gas taxes to fund mass transit.

probably not, it would be state by state. I don't think it would ever happen in Virginia since rural roads here are ridiculously well maintained (the Danville expressway serving basically no one may be one of the nicer highways in the state) If you held rural virginia to the same standard of if you want new roads, they're going to be toll roads that NOVA seems to be held to now, maybe they would change their minds.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
If you look at the state of transportation infrastructure and the lack of a budget to fix mist of it,  maybe gas taxes should be higher

Or maybe we can stop pumping 2/3s of our budget in to DHS and DoD. Seriously, they alone take up almost a trillion.

Online HalfSmokes

Or maybe we can stop pumping 2/3s of our budget in to DHS and DoD. Seriously, they alone take up almost a trillion.

but then who feel up your kinds before they fly?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!

:glug:

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX

Brent Musburger may be looking for work soon

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
Local areas could push a sales tax on gas for uses such as mass transit.  So gas purchases would be higher in those local areas

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Uh...ok.  I thought you closet Ayn Rand types preferred market signals to regulation.  Pinkos like me would like to just have a ban on private passenger vehicles with GVW >1500 kg and >X% outside target mean fuel efficiency  :D

lol, that's some pretty wrong-headed thinking.  I understand what you're getting at though.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
fuel efficiency measured as M/G or G/M?

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Mass Transit is a disaster.  Right Minty/Linty.

Maybe Linty but I love Mass Transit.  I hate the New York MTA, though.