Author Topic: Nationals Mickey Mouse Statue for Sale  (Read 2091 times)

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Nationals Mickey Mouse Statue for Sale
« Topic Start: December 20, 2012, 02:10:28 PM »
Opening bid is $500.  Shipping is $1,500.

http://auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=768218&prmenbr=33072944&aunbr=768218

Item Description
You are bidding on the Washington Nationals Mickey Mouse statue that appeared throughout the streets of Anaheim as part of the 2010 All-Star Game festivities.

THIS STATUE IS LOCATED IN ANAHEIM, CA. IF PICKED UP BY THE WINNER THERE WILL BE A FEE BY THE WAREHOUSE RANGING FROM $150 TO $475, BUT THE $1500 SHIPPING FEE WOULD BE REFUNDED AFTER THE TRANSACTION IS COMPLETED.

The statue is 7.5 feet tall and weighs 990lbs. including the base it is mounted on.  Shipping will have to be organized in advance due to the size of the item.   Please note that these statues are subject to environmental factors and fan interaction which may have affected their condition.

Offline HalfSmokes

Re: Nationals Mickey Mouse Statue for Sale
« Reply #1: December 20, 2012, 02:26:24 PM »
someone needs to bid on this

http://auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=1202266&prmenbr=33072944&aunbr=1202266

Item Description
You are bidding on a baseball signed by Mark DeRosa. This item is provided by Major League Alumni Marketing's (MLAM) memorabilia division, Legends Memorabilia Collection (LMC).

Offline NationalHeat

« Reply #2: December 20, 2012, 02:56:39 PM »
I wish I had enough money and space to have this. I love Mickey  :pray:

Online imref

« Reply #3: December 20, 2012, 02:58:27 PM »
I wish I had enough money and space to have this. I love Mickey  :pray:

If I bought this, I'd need to buy a truck to take it to games.  It would be an awesome tailgating centerpiece.

In all seriousness, this "should" be at the stadium.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #5: December 20, 2012, 03:07:59 PM »
I'd argue that signature devalues the ball

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
« Reply #6: December 20, 2012, 03:09:56 PM »
If I bought this, I'd need to buy a truck to take it to games.  It would be an awesome tailgating centerpiece.

In all seriousness, this "should" be at the stadium.

Too expensive.  Would need to raise prices on some Shake Shack items to make this happen. 

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #7: December 20, 2012, 08:34:37 PM »
I thought you were selling a figurine, which I was going to buy for my son :(

He has a Redskins Mickey that he loves.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #8: December 20, 2012, 08:49:36 PM »
I thought you were selling a figurine, which I was going to buy for my son :(

He has a Redskins Mickey that he loves.

What's the matter?  You don't have $400 around the house ( and a truck and a  crane)?!  Thought nothing was too good for the boy! 

:roll:   :poke:

Offline Coladar

« Reply #9: December 20, 2012, 09:28:21 PM »
Ummm... Why don't the Lerner's buy this and put it in the kids play area? It should never have gone to auction, this is one of a kind and the cost of making it far exceeds whatever they'll sell it for. It would be awesome at Nats Park. Far better than the monstrosity statues adorning CF gate.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #10: December 20, 2012, 10:41:13 PM »
Someone pass the hat...I'm in

Online imref

« Reply #11: December 20, 2012, 11:30:17 PM »
Ummm... Why don't the Lerner's buy this and put it in the kids play area? It should never have gone to auction, this is one of a kind and the cost of making it far exceeds whatever they'll sell it for. It would be awesome at Nats Park. Far better than the monstrosity statues adorning CF gate.

this. 

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #12: December 21, 2012, 09:34:41 AM »

Agreed. That makes the most sense. I could see personally going after something like this if I actually had some place to put it -- if it could be had for 500 bucks, but I doubt it.

The only thing that I don't like about it is the outdated nature of the design. It has the fudruckers style logo and the baby screech. But it is still a good snapshot in time. As memorabilia goes, it would make a great addition to the ballpark.

« Reply #13: December 25, 2012, 04:56:28 PM »
That thing is hideous.