Jason Martinson
Jeff Kobernus
Michael Taylor
Nathan Karns
Robbie Ray
Sammy Solis
Tony Renda
Zach Walters

Author Topic: 2012 WNFF Top 30 Prospect List: #7 Prospect  (Read 1840 times)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Re: 2012 WNFF Top 30 Prospect List: #7 Prospect
« Topic Start: November 03, 2012, 04:15:03 PM »
Honestly, I understand it. Aside from Nathan Karns, who probably does have the big leagues in his future, all the other guys here are org players who don't inspire. And of them, Destin Hood is the one who's the most of a "project." People can look at Destin Hood and say "if he figures it out, he could take big steps forward." It's harder to do that with a guy like Zach Walters who might simply not be all that great.

We saved money on our high picks so we could dump money into Giolito and most of the remaining prospects off last year's list who are in the system and not on the major league team took serious steps backwards.  Rosenbaum, Ray, Marrero and Hood, had underwhelming or injured years of the guys who played, and Solis was hurt the whole year.  That's basically all that is left in the system from last year's top 15 by our list.

One of the reasons the farm board died off some this year is that there were no real candidates for SF / Hammonds mancrushes (I mean that positively; you guys are pretty key for minor league tracking and are much appreciated by the rest of us).  For FTP, I had to do an awful lot of scouring threads that had not been updated in months because guys we identified in the past were not having the kind of years people wanted to talk about.