Author Topic: WORST LOSS OF THE EVER  (Read 3808 times)

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Re: WORST LOSS OF THE EVER
« Reply #50: October 15, 2012, 12:18:57 PM »

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #51: October 15, 2012, 02:19:37 PM »
I don't think I have posted since I came home from the game. It even took me a while to read what fellow members of WNFF had to say. I have been searching for the word to best describe how I feel. Depressed....... no. Angry .....no. Disappointed .....sure as we all are. People it is a baseball GAME.The word that descibes my feelings best is DEFLATED.

I have waited my entire life for this and remember that I attended games at Griffith Stadium and can still smell the Wonder Bread baking. We had a chance to win it. And we didn't . Storen blew it but he wasn't the only culprit.

The team is built to compete for the long term. We will be back. No wholesale changes. Sign ALR , replace Jackson, beef up the 'pen.

Me, too...down to the Wonder Bread, the bleachers for batting practice in a day-game, Bucky Harris, Mickey Vernon, and The Old Fox.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #52: October 15, 2012, 02:22:51 PM »
Careful, or you might be reading "The Cat's Revenge" by Claude Ballz
I spent most of Saturday drop-kicking my cat.   Made me feel much better.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #53: October 19, 2012, 06:18:11 PM »
Haha. I'm still drunk, still moving to Dallas tomorrow, still getting a new job, still have a salary for the first time in my life, still gonna do work I care about for the first time, still be in the same place as the beautiful Astros fan I'm gonna love til the day I die, and I did such a damn good job packing that I stole all my parents' red wine and put it in the backseat, and the Nationals are going to be a great great team for years and years and they were a great team this year and you know what? This was such a damn great fine wonderful year I spent with all you amazing people on WNFF and as I struggled through my crappy job in San Antonio this year y'all kept me laughing and smiling and creating Shakespeare gameday threads, and I really needed that. And I'm so glad I'll get to come back in a couple days to all y'all and talk offseason and shoot the breeze and create giant thunderstorms of bullcrap because I love WNFF and I love the Washington Nationals and that's all that matters.

Wait til next year? That's ok. I'm patient. I'll wait as long as it takes as long as I got you guys to wait with me.

Natitude.

:gunz:

A full week later, I finally have internet back, and I'm back on WNFF for the first time in 7 days. I don't know what I've missed or how mopey everybody got, but I can actually still stick to this drunk post. It might be a little sappy and lovey-dovey, and it might be very well-spelled as DPM points out (but I am a "writer-editor"!), but it's the truth for me.

Also: it's good to be back. I should start a Dallas thread in the loft. :)

Offline PebbleBall

• Now that right there is baseball.
« Reply #54: October 23, 2012, 06:09:01 PM »
I don't think this was posted.  A column addressed to the anonymous GM's cited in USA Today:

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/39773124/

Bitter, anonymous GMs: Are u still mad, bros? If so, then here’s my unsolicited advice: Savor this loss. Commit it to memory. Call the game footage up on your laptops, put it on permanent loop and give yourselves the “Clockwork Orange” Ludovico treatment. Also, invest in those fainting couches.

Here’s the thing about the press box windows at Nationals Park being closed due to the October chill: It might be the first time that's happened, but it won’t be the last. Rizzo is right. There’s more to come. Strasburg will be back, and the Nationals, too. This is how it usually works in sports. You lose before you win. Hurt makes you work harder. Defeat drives you to improve. Young teams mature. Old teams age out of contention. And Washington is on the right side of the curve.

:clap:

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
« Reply #55: October 23, 2012, 07:26:24 PM »
Take it nages!  :whip:

Offline Ray D

« Reply #56: October 25, 2012, 05:19:26 PM »
Take it nages!  :whip:

What does "nages" mean? I've been wanting to ask this for quite some time, it seems that everyone else knows what it means but I haven't got a clue.  Best I can come up with is that it is a commune of the Tarn département in Southern France.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #57: October 25, 2012, 05:23:40 PM »
What does "nages" mean? I've been wanting to ask this for quite some time, it seems that everyone else knows what it means but I haven't got a clue.  Best I can come up with is that it is a commune of the Tarn département in Southern France.

well first off, it's a censor of the word

B    I      T     C     H

Offline Ray D

« Reply #58: October 25, 2012, 05:26:18 PM »
well first off, it's a censor of the word

B    I      T     C     H

Thanks,  but what is it's derivation?

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #59: October 25, 2012, 05:30:14 PM »
Thanks,  but what is it's derivation?

WNFF autocensor. so for instance, if you have censoring turned on, the forum software turns

Code: [Select]
freak into freak
and nag into nag
and since people say "nages" a lot, lo, it became "nages"

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #60: October 25, 2012, 05:40:23 PM »
I don't think this was posted.  A column addressed to the anonymous GM's cited in USA Today:

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/39773124/

:clap:

More platitudes than substance, but the gist of it is right.

The salient part of it is where he mentions Zimmermann, Harper, Gio, Strasburg, and Detwiler being back and possibly better next season.  And then there's a core of Zimmerman, Werth, and a new-and-improved Desmond in the line-up.  It's hard to imagine this team not contending next year.

Offline Ray D

« Reply #61: October 25, 2012, 05:43:22 PM »
WNFF autocensor. so for instance, if you have censoring turned on, the forum software turns

freak into freak
and nag into nag

Thanks.  Makes sense.  I suppose.

So for B I T C H E S,  the  B I T C H part becomes nag, and the 'es'   gets appended.  Pretty dumb censor software.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #62: October 25, 2012, 05:48:58 PM »

freak into freak
and nag into nag

Censor still works in the code :lol:

• babble on
« Reply #63: October 25, 2012, 06:33:23 PM »
<<correctement>>

Best I can come up with is that it is a commune of the Tarn département in Southern France.

Offline Ray D

« Reply #64: October 25, 2012, 07:24:57 PM »
But what does it mean to "have censoring turned on"?   I looked at my profile and there is no such option that I can see. 

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #65: October 25, 2012, 07:42:34 PM »
But what does it mean to "have censoring turned on"?   I looked at my profile and there is no such option that I can see. 

Click on Profile

Hover over Modify Profile -> Click on Look & Layout.

It's right in the settings - I've left it unticked, but if you want all the curse words to show up normally just check it :)

Offline Ray D

« Reply #66: October 25, 2012, 07:50:09 PM »
Thanks.  I changed it so it will show me the bad words.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #67: October 25, 2012, 10:54:18 PM »
Censor still works in the code :lol:

Bahahahaha crap I thought that would take care of it!

• babble on
« Reply #68: October 26, 2012, 12:06:13 AM »
That was outstanding...and congrats on the new bling job!

A full week later, I finally have internet back, and I'm back on WNFF for the first time in 7 days. I don't know what I've missed or how mopey everybody got, but I can actually still stick to this drunk post. It might be a little sappy and lovey-dovey, and it might be very well-spelled as DPM points out (but I am a "writer-editor"!), but it's the truth for me.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #69: October 26, 2012, 12:09:07 AM »

Glad to have ya back, H-N.