Author Topic: WORST LOSS OF THE EVER  (Read 2580 times)

Offline Kevrock

• Troll So Hard University
WORST LOSS OF THE EVER
« Topic Start: October 13, 2012, 12:33:27 AM »
I might quit sports

Offline Lintyfresh85

• Champs!
Re: WORST LOSS OF THE EVER
« Reply #1: October 13, 2012, 12:33:53 AM »
Your thread title made me laugh.

I needed that.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #2: October 13, 2012, 12:34:06 AM »
I ripped my own face off

Offline Bloo

« Reply #3: October 13, 2012, 12:36:04 AM »

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #4: October 13, 2012, 12:37:03 AM »

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #5: October 13, 2012, 12:39:05 AM »
I've endured too much heartbreak as a DC Fan

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #6: October 13, 2012, 12:39:55 AM »
Sports are an awful hobby. I am just going to read books.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #7: October 13, 2012, 12:40:35 AM »
Haha. I'm still drunk, still moving to Dallas tomorrow, still getting a new job, still have a salary for the first time in my life, still gonna do work I care about for the first time, still be in the same place as the beautiful Astros fan I'm gonna love til the day I die, and I did such a damn good job packing that I stole all my parents' red wine and put it in the backseat, and the Nationals are going to be a great great team for years and years and they were a great team this year and you know what? This was such a damn great fine wonderful year I spent with all you amazing people on WNFF and as I struggled through my crappy job in San Antonio this year y'all kept me laughing and smiling and creating Shakespeare gameday threads, and I really needed that. And I'm so glad I'll get to come back in a couple days to all y'all and talk offseason and shoot the breeze and create giant thunderstorms of bullcrap because I love WNFF and I love the Washington Nationals and that's all that matters.

Wait til next year? That's ok. I'm patient. I'll wait as long as it takes as long as I got you guys to wait with me.

Natitude.

:gunz:

Offline BH34Natural

« Reply #8: October 13, 2012, 12:40:46 AM »
Horrible. Just completely horrible

Offline BH34Natural

« Reply #9: October 13, 2012, 12:42:12 AM »
Don't want to think about next year.
The climb will be a long one

Offline jhuterp

« Reply #10: October 13, 2012, 02:51:21 AM »
No doubt tonight totally sucked. 

I"m hoping the Nats can remember this and be that much more focused on winning it all next year, kind of like the 2002 Terps did after melting down in the final four in 2001 against Duke.  After that loss they started the next season by actually saying they WERE going to win the National Championship.  They did.

Not really trying to find silver linings I'm sure no one is really in the mood, just observing this could be a step in a process, so to reiterate tonight FREAKING SUCKED!

Offline RD

« Reply #11: October 13, 2012, 02:56:08 AM »
I've had other teams lose but nothing as bad as this. This is the worst loss I've ever seen.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #12: October 13, 2012, 03:04:26 AM »
I've had other teams lose but nothing as bad as this. This is the worst loss I've ever seen.

Donny Moore?   

For me, Buckner might have been worse (also one strike away), and I'll put Aaron Boone way up there.

While the 9th was atrocious, I felt there that the game was a slow bleed with an inability to throw pitches the ump would call a strike.  It started with Gio putting us in a position to have to stretch the pen 4 innings.  This meant E-Jax having to relieve.  Etc...  What gave me a sense of optimism was getting one tack on in the 8th, although it should have been more.  Then came the collapse.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #13: October 13, 2012, 03:14:55 AM »
There has never been a loss worse than this in history. That's not hyperbole. No team ever came back from more than four. No team ever came back from six, period. WE HAD IT WON. Jesus god, one strike. One pitch. One groundout. One popup. One fly. We were ahead two runs. One damn pitch. Just one. One.

This was, without question, in the entire history of baseball, the worst loss ever. There has never been a collapse like this. The team led the game before they'd even had an out. They led the game for 26 outs. They had a 6-0 lead. They'd won the night before in one of the best wins ever. They knocked the Cards SP out in the third.

Never a game, ever, that even approaches this one.

Then add it was at ••••ing home. God, if I was watching it on TV it would have been so much easier. To be there in person. To go from holding my camera expecting in two seconds they'd be storming the field celebrating. To see the look on Clippard's face as he stood there shellshocked. To see them all staring at the Card's celebrating. I could read their minds, thinking "That should be me." Imagining it was them. As they stood unmoving for two minutes. To be talking to everyone about seeing each other on Sunday. To be thinking about what jersey to wear.

As they stood on the railing waiting to win, I was imagining those guys being awarded a ring next season. Seriously, I was thinking that with one pitch left.

There has never been a loss as bad as this in baseball history. I'd love it if someone could point to a worse one in another sport, cause it might make this a little easier.

Offline nicksnats

• Uk Natitude!
« Reply #14: October 13, 2012, 05:12:43 AM »
hfeyncrigqnfaIYVMphmprvg

Thats all i have to say.

Offline HerndonNat

• FSU Football
« Reply #15: October 13, 2012, 08:13:00 AM »
Sports are an awful hobby. I am just going to read books.

The two teams I love the most had their worst losses in recent memory (ever in the Nats case) on back to back weekends for me.  I'm just a zombie right now.  All week I've had the Nats to look forward to but now that is even gone.

Offline TylerDC

• The Future.
« Reply #16: October 13, 2012, 08:34:12 AM »
There has never been a loss worse than this in history. That's not hyperbole. No team ever came back from more than four. No team ever came back from six, period. WE HAD IT WON. Jesus god, one strike. One pitch. One groundout. One popup. One fly. We were ahead two runs. One damn pitch. Just one. One.

This was, without question, in the entire history of baseball, the worst loss ever. There has never been a collapse like this. The team led the game before they'd even had an out. They led the game for 26 outs. They had a 6-0 lead. They'd won the night before in one of the best wins ever. They knocked the Cards SP out in the third.

Never a game, ever, that even approaches this one.

Then add it was at ••••ing home. God, if I was watching it on TV it would have been so much easier. To be there in person. To go from holding my camera expecting in two seconds they'd be storming the field celebrating. To see the look on Clippard's face as he stood there shellshocked. To see them all staring at the Card's celebrating. I could read their minds, thinking "That should be me." Imagining it was them. As they stood unmoving for two minutes. To be talking to everyone about seeing each other on Sunday. To be thinking about what jersey to wear.

As they stood on the railing waiting to win, I was imagining those guys being awarded a ring next season. Seriously, I was thinking that with one pitch left.

There has never been a loss as bad as this in baseball history. I'd love it if someone could point to a worse one in another sport, cause it might make this a little easier.

I want to cry.

Offline OldChelsea

• From the best seat in the house at Nationals Park
« Reply #17: October 13, 2012, 09:08:52 AM »
[...]There has never been a loss as bad as this in baseball history. I'd love it if someone could point to a worse one in another sport, cause it might make this a little easier.

Or sticking with baseball: exactly 83 years to the day before last night's debacle, the Chicago Cubs, trailing in the World Series two games to one, went into the Philadelphia A's Shibe Park and took an 8-nil lead into the seventh inning...the A's score ten runs in that inning and win 10-8, aided in part by Cubs outfielder Hack Wilson losing two fly balls in the sun. (The A's would win the Series two days later.)

Offline WhiteWhale

« Reply #18: October 13, 2012, 09:10:44 AM »
So one time, there was this girl I started hanging out with. She was hot. Not the type of girl that would get with me. Oh well, chat her up right, what's th worst that could happen? Well she thought I was funny, and things progressed. She started hanging out with me, finding me on campus, etc. Things started going in a direction I thought they would, but at a much faster speed than I thought they would...I mean, I started to think along the way that I could swing this...but I was so stunned with the progression that I was blissfully ignorant of the pain that comes from falling from such heights.

Hot girl crushed heart, fell from height of lust that outpaced reality.

It happened again last night.

So, now we (I) don't need a leadoff center fielder. I don't need RBI's. I don't need walk off Homeruns. None of that will come to me anytime soon.

I need some tissues, and to stiffen my upper lip.

I will post in the offseason, and WNFF shall disucss what the While Whale is (I think Hammonds thinks its like 5 things)

My computer background will be changed from J-Dub mid air about to be assaulted at home plate to The Redskins, and then VCU Basketball...until April.

In April Curly W's will be front of mind again, because in sports I am much Dumber than real life...and come April, I'm gonna call that girl again - The one from last night, not many years ago.

Offline Minty Fresh

• F*ck it - MLS Time
« Reply #19: October 13, 2012, 09:12:38 AM »
Your thread title made me laugh.

I needed that.

+1

And the O.P. was :lol: too.

Thanks Kevrock.

Online The Chief

• it's a thumb
    • http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #20: October 13, 2012, 10:01:40 PM »
good one

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #21: October 13, 2012, 10:07:35 PM »
As much as the loss hurt to the point where some people feel like they can't bear it and don't want to even watch sports (I heard it on my mom's voice today even though she admitted she'll be back for more punishment next season :lol:), this actually indicates that we're headed in the right direction. We were so used to losses that we had become almost numb to them. But this was a big postseason game and the fact that it stings so badly means that the stakes were large. I hope this ignites the fanbase. I also hope the Nats don't become the Caps.

Online DPMOmaha

• Take two of these 30 minutes before first pitch.
« Reply #22: October 13, 2012, 10:24:33 PM »
Houston, I'm not convinced you were drunk.  Your rambling sorta supports your case, but you didn't spell nearly enough words wrong.

Offline EdStroud

« Reply #23: October 13, 2012, 10:36:49 PM »

This one had to stink big time also, imagine winning, but not winning then winning again, but not winning then losing!

USA Basketball at the 1972 Olympics

Why it was bad: The U.S. team defeated the Soviets when the USSR failed to convert a last-second shot. However, thanks to corrupt officials, time was placed back on the clock, the Soviets scored and won a contested gold medal, handing the U.S. its first-ever loss in Olympic basketball.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• Show me Otani
« Reply #24: October 13, 2012, 10:49:00 PM »
the worst part of this is that we destroyed the giants this year (took 5 out of 6) and we would have been in great shape to make the WS.