Author Topic: Game 5 roll call & info/tips/meeting spot  (Read 3391 times)

Offline 1995hoo

Re: Game 5 roll call & info/tips/meeting spot
« Reply #100: October 12, 2012, 06:09:08 PM »
I'm at the table under the 242/243 sign. Caps windbreaker.

It's noisy with that band playing.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #101: October 12, 2012, 06:17:52 PM »
Got here early but watching BP for a bit.

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #102: October 12, 2012, 06:21:04 PM »
If my wife gets here soon I may move on. She will not like this band they have.

Edited: I'm moving to the bar by the spot I mentioned. Group of 4 wanted the table and since I was by myself I let them have it.

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #103: October 12, 2012, 06:35:06 PM »
Ms1995hoo just got here and STRONGLY objects to the noise from the band. So we're moving on. Perhaps at the next game!!!

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #104: October 13, 2012, 01:51:23 AM »
Funny, I found Lost O and a couple of other posters I met before where I thought you meant.  I went through the tables around the end of the scoreboard walk bar towards the stairs and Jamaican whatever several times, and camped near the end of the scoreboard. 

It's tough to find folks you've only seen once or twice in the dark.  Sorry it did not work out. 

The "Blame Obed" remark did not come out right.  Sorry, and I'd probably take offense if someone said that even in joking manner.  I meant to say it was your description of where to meet we were relying on.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #105: October 13, 2012, 02:56:46 AM »
Where the freak were you guys? I looked for you in the area JCA designated at around 7:15 and couldn't spot a single member.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #106: October 13, 2012, 02:58:12 AM »
Where the freak were you guys? I looked for you in the area JCA designated at around 7:15 and couldn't spot a single member.

We were on the walk between the Scoreboard Walk and the Jamaican Jerk stand. JCA (or someone) found me.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #107: October 13, 2012, 03:16:22 AM »
We were on the walk between the Scoreboard Walk and the Jamaican Jerk stand. JCA found me.

I was there for about 10 freaking minutes looking!

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #108: October 13, 2012, 08:54:37 AM »
I got up there about an hour before first pitch and didn't see anyone either - the Red Loft bar was absolutely chocka (Clint had some sort of contest going on at the time) and the whole level was getting way too crowded for comfort so I just went up to TBSITH after a few minutes.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #109: October 13, 2012, 10:00:41 AM »
I was there for about 10 freaking minutes looking!

Well I was probably too short to see with that crowd :|

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #110: October 13, 2012, 01:01:52 PM »
I went to the tables first and asked a few people if they were with WNFF.  With only LO and 1995 (and me) mentioning how to recognize themselves, it was always going to be dicey in ID'ng people.  I spotted LO and a few people gathered there (Evolution33 was right next to us with some guys from some of the boards he writes for, but I did not say hello).  I kept walk back and forth between the tables and LO, but that meant leaving the folks I was with. 

An f'up on my part, I guess.  Not to mention what looked like a shot at Obed (honestly, that was intended as ribbing but not an insult or protest), so I messed up in pulling this off.  It was always going to be difficult without a geeky sign "WNFF."   Or else I could pull out this one:

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #111: October 13, 2012, 01:11:36 PM »
I wondered where you were going. It was impossible for me to find a table and I wasn't going to be seen very well at the scoreboard walk, so I just hung out next to the stairs. Sorry for those who missed out, much easier with less people at the park!

And that music was absolutely obnoxious.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #112: October 13, 2012, 01:44:10 PM »
Actually, my friend I introduced you and I had a friend we used to work with who is mobility-impaired hanging out of by the tables, so my friend was there, you and a couple other board members were by the end of the scoreboard walk, and I was just shuttling back and forth.   I figured I'd see someone who maybe I met before (was looking for Obed and 1995hoo) and it just did not work out.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #113: October 13, 2012, 07:03:39 PM »
Sorry I missed everyone.  We did a couple of laps of the park and passed by the loft a couple of times, but once the game started I remained at my seat for the duration.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #114: October 13, 2012, 08:37:21 PM »
Watching the replay gave me a different perspective on the crowd. Nats fans showed up and represented fabulously. The fanbase has much to be proud of in that regard.  :clap:

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #115: October 13, 2012, 11:06:16 PM »
A group from Nats Insider met near 312 picnic tables including Mark Zuckerman!