Author Topic: Werth haters: Eat Crow  (Read 2947 times)

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Re: Werth haters: Eat Crow
« Reply #25: October 11, 2012, 10:21:14 PM »
I am so pissed I couldn't GDT with you guys tonight.  crap hit the fan at home and I was able to watch the game but had a lot of other stuff to do so there was no audio. 

But I just so happened to be on the phone with a "Stephanie" at the U.S. Dept. Of Education when Werth hit the HR and she and I both apologized to each other for going silent for a few seconds there while we both celebrated the HR.

And my kids came running in and danced on the living room floor with me.

Offline chemist

• Cheering All Zimmermen
« Reply #26: October 11, 2012, 10:34:28 PM »
Yep, Drew drilled him with a pitch - in fact, right before his at bat, he turned to Rizzo? Maybe Zim? and said

Watch ... he's going to hit me with the first pitch

#Natitude

IIRC Drew didn't drill him, I think he just brushed him back. I also remember later Werth telling Drew that he wouldn't have respected Drew had he not done that

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #27: October 11, 2012, 10:49:47 PM »

:clap:

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #28: October 11, 2012, 11:01:25 PM »
IIRC Drew didn't drill him, I think he just brushed him back. I also remember later Werth telling Drew that he wouldn't have respected Drew had he not done that

I'm pretty sure he hit him, at least that's how I remember it :shrug:

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #29: October 11, 2012, 11:05:12 PM »
I am so pissed I couldn't GDT with you guys tonight.  crap hit the fan at home and I was able to watch the game but had a lot of other stuff to do so there was no audio. 

But I just so happened to be on the phone with a "Stephanie" at the U.S. Dept. Of Education when Werth hit the HR and she and I both apologized to each other for going silent for a few seconds there while we both celebrated the HR.

Pics of Stephanie or NANF

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #30: October 11, 2012, 11:05:55 PM »

It wasn't a camera-phone.  :lol:

Offline NatsDad14

« Reply #31: October 11, 2012, 11:27:05 PM »

It's the internet. Stephanie is a guy name until proven otherwise

Offline Coladar

« Reply #32: October 12, 2012, 02:18:17 AM »
Werth kicks ass, is a god, I kneel before his greatness, and even if he's an albatross for the last few years of his contract batting. 050 every season I will not say a bad word about him. Playoffs are hard to get to, harder still to succeed in. Winning this game was the most important win in this city in decades, and if we win tomorrow, god does this win mean the world.

That said, I found this quote by Zimmerman... interesting? To say this crap tonight, after Werth won the game? Umm, it's weird, out of place, unnecessary and kind of hints at something. I'm not sure what that something is, but the point stands.

“I’m so happy for Jayson, for him to have this moment after some of the stuff he went through last year,” said Zimmerman. “He is not a very interactive person with the fans. That’s not a bad thing. But for a fan, that makes it hard to be a fan of him. They don’t get to see all the things he does in here for our team. Now they can see. This is one of the reasons we got this guy.”

Yeah, it's bringing up a negative issue we all were aware of, many have even voiced it on this board, to say that tonight makes that negative moot. But I don't think there was any reason to mention it at all, just reminding folks of something no one cares about after tonight. It's odd Zimmerman said it, bottom line, from my perspective.

Offline Gleason2

« Reply #33: October 12, 2012, 07:22:28 AM »
Werth kicks ass, is a god, I kneel before his greatness, and even if he's an albatross for the last few years of his contract batting. 050 every season I will not say a bad word about him. Playoffs are hard to get to, harder still to succeed in. Winning this game was the most important win in this city in decades, and if we win tomorrow, god does this win mean the world.

That said, I found this quote by Zimmerman... interesting? To say this crap tonight, after Werth won the game? Umm, it's weird, out of place, unnecessary and kind of hints at something. I'm not sure what that something is, but the point stands.

Yeah, it's bringing up a negative issue we all were aware of, many have even voiced it on this board, to say that tonight makes that negative moot. But I don't think there was any reason to mention it at all, just reminding folks of something no one cares about after tonight. It's odd Zimmerman said it, bottom line, from my perspective.

I don't see what's so bad about that quote.  Zimmerman just seems to be saying that, look, while Werth is not the warm and fuzzy type of player that a lot of fans want to root for, he's worth appreciating because he has a record of coming up big at big moments.  I saw an amazing statistic on MLB network last night.  Werth has the second most career post-season home runs (14) in something like 43 games (among active players, I think).  The only guy ahead of him has 17 in over 70 postseason games.  That's pretty impressive.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #34: October 12, 2012, 07:31:46 AM »
I agree - we can't all be extroverts and Werth had to put up with more than his share of negative comments from our fans

I don't see what's so bad about that quote.  Zimmerman just seems to be saying that, look, while Werth is not the warm and fuzzy type of player that a lot of fans want to root for, he's worth appreciating because he has a record of coming up big at big moments.  I saw an amazing statistic on MLB network last night.  Werth has the second most career post-season home runs (14) in something like 43 games (among active players, I think).  The only guy ahead of him has 17 in over 70 postseason games.  That's pretty impressive.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #35: October 12, 2012, 07:57:44 AM »
It's the internet. Stephanie is a guy name until proven otherwise

Why do you think I put it in quotes?

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #36: October 12, 2012, 12:42:50 PM »
exactly ... f off haters.

Lerners came up huge signing him.  :clap:

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #37: October 12, 2012, 12:47:17 PM »
And that other guy with 17 post season HRs, wouldn't that be a little known hitter named Albert Pujols?

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #38: October 12, 2012, 12:48:04 PM »
One damn hit.   Give it a rest !   ( :lmao: )   

Offline NationalHeat

« Reply #39: October 12, 2012, 01:51:00 PM »
Speaking of Jayson, what was his walk up song in 2011? Used it most of the year, believed it opened with a guitar riff. Anyone remember?

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #40: October 12, 2012, 02:08:52 PM »
Speaking of Jayson, what was his walk up song in 2011? Used it most of the year, believed it opened with a guitar riff. Anyone remember?

Hendrix "All Along the Watchtower"? (The Dylan song from John Wesley Harding...)

Online Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
« Reply #41: October 12, 2012, 02:17:02 PM »
I'm not sure what other walkups Werth uses, but I know this one will get a huge response tonight;

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #42: October 12, 2012, 02:19:06 PM »
Hendrix "All Along the Watchtower"? (The Dylan song from John Wesley Harding...)

Great tune "welch".     BTW   Your Mazeroski analogy the other day was spot on last night.   Everything was different but it was the same.   

Offline NationalHeat

« Reply #43: October 12, 2012, 02:20:29 PM »

Definitely not Hendrix. I had never heard it before last year.

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #44: October 12, 2012, 02:28:40 PM »
Definitely not Hendrix. I had never heard it before last year.

Are you talking about the Guns and Roses? I can hear it but am not sure of the name. November Rain maybe?

Offline NationalHeat

« Reply #45: October 12, 2012, 02:34:55 PM »
Nope, I do remember hearing GnR very early in 2011 though. I'll try to find it on youtube.

Offline rbw5t

« Reply #46: October 12, 2012, 02:39:43 PM »
Are you talking about the Guns and Roses? I can hear it but am not sure of the name. November Rain maybe?

Yes, he did use November Rain a lot last year, but I'm not sure if that's the one LeBron is looking for.

Online Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
« Reply #47: October 12, 2012, 02:41:15 PM »
I liked when he used Cinderella Man.

Even though he sucked ass that season.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #48: October 12, 2012, 02:46:25 PM »

Offline BigMeech