Author Topic: Parking question  (Read 458 times)

Offline Gleason2

Parking question
« Topic Start: October 09, 2012, 04:48:16 PM »
Is there any reason for me to believe that the Potomac Avenue/Half Street lot across from the Home Plate entrance will not be open for parking tomorrow and Thursday for day games?

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Re: Parking question
« Reply #1: October 09, 2012, 04:49:51 PM »
Is there any reason for me to believe that the Potomac Avenue/Half Street lot across from the Home Plate entrance will not be open for parking tomorrow and Thursday for day games?

Are those team lots or private lots?  If they're private lots you're probably going to be out of luck since those are promised to monthly pass holders during the day.  It sounds like you're referring to the trash/gravel lot which will probably be available.

Offline Gleason2

« Reply #2: October 09, 2012, 05:00:03 PM »
Are those team lots or private lots?  If they're private lots you're probably going to be out of luck since those are promised to monthly pass holders during the day.  It sounds like you're referring to the trash/gravel lot which will probably be available.

The gravel lot where all of the cement mixers are kept is the lot I'm referring to.  As far as I know, it's a cash only lot and does not cater to pass holders.

Offline cg1

« Reply #3: October 09, 2012, 05:03:25 PM »

https://www.parkwhiz.com/nationals-park-parking/

is this the lot you're talking about? 

Offline NavinNat

« Reply #4: October 09, 2012, 05:03:51 PM »
Also, does anyone know if Lot W will be open for a weekday afternoon game?

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #5: October 09, 2012, 05:22:47 PM »

Across from the Navy Yard?  Probably not.

Offline NavinNat

« Reply #6: October 09, 2012, 05:25:19 PM »
Yeah, that's the one.  I'm thinking that it will be closed to cash customers too, but I can't find anything to confirm or deny.  thanks.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #7: October 09, 2012, 05:28:58 PM »

From the Nats website:

Postseason Parking Pricing:
Lot B, C, F, M, N - $45 per game                                       Lot J, K, L   - SOLD OUT
Lot U, T - $30 per game                                                      Lot W - $20 per game

I'd recommend reserving a spot online.  It looks like Lot W, the one at M and 7th SE, is an option.

Just saw this too:

Nationals Park Parking Lots will open 2 ½ hours prior to game time.  Fans are encouraged to purchase parking in advance online at nationals.com/postseason. Cash parking will be extremely limited.

Offline NavinNat

« Reply #8: October 09, 2012, 05:55:49 PM »
Just got a Lot W on craigslist.  Thanks.  I doubt Lot W will be available for cash.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #9: October 09, 2012, 07:28:44 PM »
I scored a spot in someone's driveway a half block away from the 3rd base gate, should make for a real easy exit.

Offline ZIM4MVP

« Reply #10: October 09, 2012, 07:56:17 PM »

can you post a map pic of this lot?

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #11: October 09, 2012, 07:57:27 PM »

That's my plan A, it better be open. I know that it won't be $18....

Offline Gleason2

« Reply #12: October 09, 2012, 08:21:20 PM »
https://www.parkwhiz.com/nationals-park-parking/

is this the lot you're talking about? 

That's the one.  It's good to know that I can pay ahead of time for this.  Is this a legitimate site?  I've never seen anyone pay to park there with anything other than cash.