Author Topic: Are the Cardinals and Nats equal teams?  (Read 2110 times)

Online KnorrForYourMoney

• Lerners = Bluth family
Re: Are the Cardinals and Nats equal teams?
« Reply #100: October 11, 2012, 06:00:12 PM »
I over-reacted.  Cards12in12 should feel free to post.  We've backed down the warning to allow posting.

You were right the first time.  The guy was mostly harmless until he threw in the "your team doesn't deserve respect comment."  Saying a 98-win team doesn't deserve respect is so stupid it's just obvious trolling.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #101: October 11, 2012, 07:03:59 PM »
Bump

Offline cards12in12

« Reply #102: October 11, 2012, 07:33:25 PM »
You were right the first time.  The guy was mostly harmless until he threw in the "your team doesn't deserve respect comment."  Saying a 98-win team doesn't deserve respect is so stupid it's just obvious trolling.

I apologize for the comment. I didn't mean they don't deserve respect at all. I was trying to make the point that what happened in the regular season doesn't matter anymore. A 98-win team obviously is loaded with talent, but playoff experience is huge.

Is there anyway i can change my username? I was thinking cards11in12 might be more fitting after tonight. Momentum has completely swung to the other side. These teams seem pretty equal to me now. Hopefully tomorrow night the the boys will bring their bats with them to the plate. Can't strike out 8 straight times and expect to win.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #103: October 11, 2012, 07:38:35 PM »
I apologize for the comment. I didn't mean they don't deserve respect at all. I was trying to make the point that what happened in the regular season doesn't matter anymore. A 98-win team obviously is loaded with talent, but playoff experience is huge.

Is there anyway i can change my username? I was thinking cards11in12 might be more fitting after tonight. Momentum has completely swung to the other side. These teams seem pretty equal to me now. Hopefully tomorrow night the the boys will bring their bats with them to the plate. Can't strike out 8 straight times and expect to win.

You lose one game and you want to change your name? Grow some stones.

Offline cards12in12

« Reply #104: October 11, 2012, 07:53:25 PM »
You lose one game and you want to change your name? Grow some stones.

Joke bro, just a little joke. Just trying to have some fun with a cardinal loss.

Offline Obed_Marsh

• ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
    • Photos
« Reply #105: October 11, 2012, 09:11:02 PM »
Joke bro, just a little joke. Just trying to have some fun with a cardinal loss.

That's the spirit. There is a reason your beer bottles have moved onto American football.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #106: October 11, 2012, 10:21:11 PM »
:lmao:

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #107: October 11, 2012, 10:21:29 PM »

Good to see you back.  I was concerned my over-reaction might have chased you.  Anyone who wants to avoid Card fans can ignore you (please) but it is good to get someone knowledgeable about an opponent here.

I think I can understand why Lynn was in there.  Thin bullpen, on the road, so let a quality pitcher who had been effective in game 2 go long, and if you get a lead, then Motte to close.  Are people on Matheny for his bullpen management (again), or are they saying he's doing the best with a roster he's given?

Offline cards12in12

« Reply #108: October 11, 2012, 11:59:27 PM »
Good to see you back.  I was concerned my over-reaction might have chased you.  Anyone who wants to avoid Card fans can ignore you (please) but it is good to get someone knowledgeable about an opponent here.

I think I can understand why Lynn was in there.  Thin bullpen, on the road, so let a quality pitcher who had been effective in game 2 go long, and if you get a lead, then Motte to close.  Are people on Matheny for his bullpen management (again), or are they saying he's doing the best with a roster he's given?

Tonight's decision is being met with mixed feelings, but i think the majority are in favor. A few are saying Motte should have come in for the heart of the lineup and then use Lynn for the bottom half. On the road i think Matheny made the better choice, though. But this is nothing like the game 1 decision to bring in Rzep over Motte. His reason for that was the pitcher spot was coming up in the bottom half of the 8th. That shouldn't have been a factor in the decision. Motte gets out of the inning you're still up by 1. You give him a bat and you tell him to stand in the box and don't swing. Then send him out to close the game. Rookie manager mistake.

Online KnorrForYourMoney

• Lerners = Bluth family
« Reply #109: October 12, 2012, 12:05:53 AM »

It's instructive as to a team's capacity to perform at a certain level.  The Nationals' win today, after two seemingly demoralizing losses, is the type of win they've managed to eke out all year.  The Nats have a penchant for following up heartbreak with resilience.  I'd say the regular season doesn't directly affect what happens, but it does tell us something about these teams.