Author Topic: Home Game 1 - Word on time?  (Read 11653 times)

Offline saratogaslim

Home Game 1 - Word on time?
« Topic Start: October 05, 2012, 09:10:19 AM »
Hello all!  I'm new here, first post.  I wondered if anyone had any thoughts on timing for home Game 1?

I bought tickets on Stub Hub, and it does say 1pm.  However, MLB and TBS are all saying TBD.  Any guesses?

It would be disappointing if the first playoff game here was one that was so difficult for many people to get to due to work, etc.

Offline MorseTheHorse

Re: Home Game 1 - Word on time?
« Reply #1: October 05, 2012, 09:14:40 AM »
I really don't know how this works, but we might not know even until the day before (b/c it's possible that the Cin/SF and Det/Oak series finish in a sweep before our first home game in which case our time might be bumped)

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #2: October 05, 2012, 09:23:46 AM »
I hope none of them are day games.

Offline saratogaslim

« Reply #3: October 05, 2012, 09:42:23 AM »
Thanks, folks.  Fingers sure are crossed that it is not a 1pm game, or I'm going to have to sell the tickets.  Which would be a heartbreaker!

Happy playoffs, everyone. :)

Offline Fan037

« Reply #4: October 05, 2012, 09:46:12 AM »
Welcome aboard!

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #5: October 05, 2012, 09:46:52 AM »
I hope none of them are day games.

Why? Day baseball is the best baseball...played in the daylight plus no Metrorail hassles.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #6: October 05, 2012, 09:50:04 AM »
Why? Day baseball is the best baseball...played in the daylight plus no Metrorail hassles.

If you have a flexible schedule. If you don't, well you can't go to day games :(

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #7: October 05, 2012, 09:56:21 AM »

Hear, hear.

Offline OldChelsea

« Reply #8: October 05, 2012, 09:57:14 AM »
If you have a flexible schedule. If you don't, well you can't go to day games :(

That is true (but gotta love that government leave - made it to all the 'businessman's special' afternoon matches this season).

Offline Hondo

« Reply #9: October 05, 2012, 10:10:01 AM »
I'm really hoping it's at 4:00 tomorrow.  Skins and then Nats back to back!

If it's at 1:00, the Nats will have my attention, but I'll have two TV's going strong.

Offline saratogaslim

« Reply #10: October 05, 2012, 10:11:52 AM »
Welcome aboard!

Thank you!  Glad to come out of lurk-land. :) 

And normally I could break away for the day and it would not be an issue to take some PTO...except next week is the *one* week I can't, of course.    :( 

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #11: October 05, 2012, 10:19:33 AM »
Adam Kilgore ‏@AdamKilgoreWP
MLB announces times for Nats' first two games. 3:07 pm Sunday, 4:37 pm Monday.

Mark Zuckerman ‏@MarkZuckerman
Also, Games 1 and 2 for #Nats are on TBS. Det/Oak Game 1 gets relegated to MLB Network.

Offline OldChelsea

« Reply #12: October 05, 2012, 10:23:37 AM »
[...]Also, Games 1 and 2 for #Nats are on TBS.[...]

...all the more reason to hope the Cardinals win their play-in tonight so we don't go onto the Braves network. We don't need the Chipper Jones farewell weep-fest to continue any further than tonight.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #13: October 05, 2012, 10:26:12 AM »
Fudge.  Pats / broncos are at 4:15.  If I watch Sunday at CCSP, then they are not going to have the sound for the Nats on the 2d floor where I watch the Pats.  I'll have to talk to one of the owners.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #14: October 05, 2012, 10:30:00 AM »
This sucks. I'm gonna miss the Cards-Braves game today while driving to Dallas to look for a new apartment, and I'm gonna miss Nats Game 1 while driving back. Rooting for a team since April 2005 only to miss its first-ever playoff game. :(

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #15: October 05, 2012, 10:35:26 AM »

Well, I love day games but not when I just started work. I was supposed to go to the Skins game on Sunday but now that's out. I also didn't want our home games during the day since I have tickets to two of them. If they do occur during the day, I may either miss the games or request an early release when I just started work. Just bad timing.

Offline MorseTheHorse

« Reply #16: October 05, 2012, 10:47:49 AM »
This sucks. I'm gonna miss the Cards-Braves game today while driving to Dallas to look for a new apartment, and I'm gonna miss Nats Game 1 while driving back. Rooting for a team since April 2005 only to miss its first-ever playoff game. :(

could you try to watch at a bar and drive home later than you were planning?  Or try to set up DVR and turn off all electronics/phones/etc. once the game starts and go straight to the TV when you get home?

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #17: October 05, 2012, 10:50:52 AM »

Get MLB At Bat on your phone and LISTEN to Charlie and Dave (it's only 4.99 for the postseason)!! - get headphones, plug in one of them and drive, drive, drive!!

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #18: October 05, 2012, 10:53:15 AM »
Just got an Email this morning - MLB At Bat Free - courtesy of Ford.

http://link.mlblists.com/r/UJZFA0/J9GPZN/ZV7J7V/ZYNCKC/HIMU0I/32/h?a=UJZFA0&b=HIM3EC&c=Z1HHQB&d=02MRM2&e=1&f=6500905&g=55428157

Don't know how this works, I already have the App.

Offline Monarch

« Reply #19: October 05, 2012, 10:54:26 AM »
I'm really hoping it's at 4:00 tomorrow.  Skins and then Nats back to back!

If it's at 1:00, the Nats will have my attention, but I'll have two TV's going strong.

skins play at 4:25 I thought....what will ccsp do for the baseball game on a NFL day? I have to go somewhere to watch GMEN vs. CLE.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #20: October 05, 2012, 10:55:16 AM »
skins play at 4:25 I thought....what will ccsp do for the baseball game on a NFL day? I have to go somewhere to watch GMEN vs. CLE.

Skins at 1:00 Nat's at 3:00

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #21: October 05, 2012, 11:04:49 AM »
Monarch - Just a guess - they may have the sound on one floor after the skins game, or one section of the first floor from the get go. 

They may switch over some TVs where they have multiples on a football game without sound, and they would likely switch over the Skins TVs and maybe the sound once that game is over.  They have a ton of regulars who follow out of town teams and have regular seats for the NFL, so they will be ticked if they cannot watch their games.   

I'll negotiate 8)

Offline Monarch

« Reply #22: October 05, 2012, 11:12:34 AM »
Monarch - Just a guess - they may have the sound on one floor after the skins game, or one section of the first floor from the get go. 

They may switch over some TVs where they have multiples on a football game without sound, and they would likely switch over the Skins TVs and maybe the sound once that game is over.  They have a ton of regulars who follow out of town teams and have regular seats for the NFL, so they will be ticked if they cannot watch their games.   

I'll negotiate 8)

oh I figured they'd keep all of the NFL games on per usual. I've been there before for Giants games and they usually have an area with sound for them, and I assume most of the rest of the place will be dedicated to the skins. I just wasn't sure if they'd do anything different since its a playoff baseball game. I guess they've never had to worry about it until now!

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
« Reply #23: October 05, 2012, 11:18:26 AM »
Consider both our away games are now day games, I am growing fearful MLB will make all of our games afternoon ones.

That would be a very tough card to accept as a franchise wanting national attention.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #24: October 05, 2012, 11:22:01 AM »
Consider both our away games are now day games, I am growing fearful MLB will make all of our games afternoon ones.

That would be a very tough card to accept as a franchise wanting national attention.

That, and I don't want our team to have to deal with daytime baseball when we were the best in the entire MLB!

Reminder: I just don't want to take off work to go to the Nats game!