Author Topic: Home Game 1 - Word on time?  (Read 11656 times)

Offline NatsTheFats

Re: Home Game 1 - Word on time?
« Reply #200: October 08, 2012, 11:39:56 PM »
there is a possibility of the Giants/Reds series and the As/Tigers series being finished by Tuesday night and we get screwed with a 1pm start on Wed and Th?

WTF?

Offline NatsTheFats

« Reply #201: October 08, 2012, 11:43:31 PM »
Also, airing post season games on the MLB Network is a crime.  Even the NFL doesn't air playoff games, even Saturday playoff games, on the NFL Network.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #202: October 08, 2012, 11:56:18 PM »
Just got an email that Game 2 will be at 1pm as well.

We suck at day games

I call bullcrap.

Offline NatsTheFats

« Reply #203: October 08, 2012, 11:57:00 PM »

We suck at day games

#Natitude

Offline Coladar

« Reply #204: October 09, 2012, 12:00:57 AM »
What the freak? The second game is 1pm? What the freak?

I don't keep track of postseason like this year, but is this normal? They don't rotate the damn worst time? This is bullcrap. There is no worse city than DC to have a game at this time. Weekdays parking is freaked for the private lots. Last Wednesday, traffic to the park on 395 was dead stopped at 1pm. Going home, HOV freaks us on 66. NY, every body uses the train. Making DC's two games 1pm is bullcrap.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #205: October 09, 2012, 12:06:18 AM »
Relax, folks.  No game time for Game 4 has been officially announced yet.  There is nothing on ESPN, mlb.com, or from any of the beat writers.  I highly doubt that they would make this kind of announcement in the middle of the night.

Offline NatsTheFats

« Reply #206: October 09, 2012, 12:07:05 AM »
Relax, folks.  No game time for Game 4 has been officially announced yet.  There is nothing on ESPN, mlb.com, or from any of the beat writers.  I highly doubt that they would make this kind of announcement in the middle of the night.

I fully trust "our" assumptions.

:)

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #207: October 09, 2012, 12:09:34 AM »
http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/schedule/ps.jsp

When it gets posted here, I'll believe it.  Time is still TBD for now.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #208: October 09, 2012, 12:42:05 AM »

We suck at day games

:nono: :crazy: :rant: :stir:

Offline Coladar

« Reply #209: October 09, 2012, 01:02:37 AM »

If someone got an email from the Nats saying 1pm, I consider that pretty official. Likewise I'm an 81 game STH and haven't gotten a word, so who knows. I hope you're right, but I'd be surprised.

There's no excuse for this. 3pm Sunday and Monday? 1pm Wednesday and probably Thursday? Some teams play well at night, some day. If they "curse" one series over all others with afternoon starts for every game, that is ridiculous. For fans and for the team. Like pretend we were playing the Cubs who have a crapton of day games. We aren't, but rotating them is only fair.

Today was a holiday, for some. This city hasn't been in the playoffs in 79 years. This franchise once, kind of, in 43. Three weekday starts in a row is an insult. The fourth when we had a home NFL game?

Yeah, everyone says Bud screws us over all the time. This is a different level though. DC is one of the worst cities for rush hour games, and as I said, I don't know why but 395 was dead stopped last Wednesday at 12:30pm from VA to Nats Park. Those shadowed games in late September, where one favored us and he other not, indicate Nats Park is particularly awful for fall afternoon shadows interfering with play.

Like I've said, Wednesday I'm hardcore f***ed and will have to miss it. No choice in the matter. Thursday, if the game were 7am, 11am, 2pm, whatever, I'll be there. But I just think it sucks.

Thank God the NLCS is on Fox, so we can enjoy night games without traffic or parking. At the same time...

Is there any possibility the Lerner's asked for the 1pm to avoid the Metro issues? I can't believe they could, or would, but it is possible to imagine Metro wise a reason the team would not want the primetime game. God is it infuriating, salt in the wound, Baltimore's hone games were night ones. Heck, the Sunday nighter went into 11pm or midnight. I guess we/I should be used to this crap now, but it is still infuriating. All the more if the worst happens, and the NLDS is it. Baltimore getting 6pm, 7pm, 8pm starts, Cincinnati all later starts. Detroit had one, one game earlier than us on Sunday. And why? The lions had a bye week, the only game we should have had any time but 3pm, and its the only day we don't have the earliest game? Lunacy.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #210: October 09, 2012, 07:00:15 AM »
Two sentences max.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #211: October 09, 2012, 07:26:54 AM »

Stub Hub is saying 1pm right now. Basically, unless Detroit and Cincy sweep, it'll be 1pm

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #212: October 09, 2012, 07:57:46 AM »
Stub Hub is saying 1pm right now. Basically, unless Detroit and Cincy sweep, it'll be 1pm

I'm not saying Game 4 won't be a 1:00 game, but I want to see that published somewhere official before I start making plans.  Someone said they got an email (didn't even say it was from the Nats), but I haven't seen anything.  Again, until it's listed on the MLB site, nothing's been set.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #213: October 09, 2012, 08:07:53 AM »
I got an email from Stub Hub saying that my tickets were ready. When I logged on, the game was at 1pm

Offline CapsnNats

« Reply #214: October 09, 2012, 08:08:13 AM »
If Thursday's game is at 1pm I'll go through the roof. freak MLB.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #215: October 09, 2012, 08:09:38 AM »
If Thursday's game is at 1pm I'll go through the roof. freak MLB.

Unless both the Tigers and the Reds clinch, it will have to be. They can't play West Coast teams at 1pm on the East Coast.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #216: October 09, 2012, 08:13:47 AM »
Unless both the Tigers and the Reds clinch, it will have to be. They can't play West Coast teams at 1pm on the East Coast.

The only west coast series is the Tigers-A's series as the Reds-Giants are playing out their series in Cincy.  Still, like you, I do have a bad feeling about this and I wouldn't be surprised if we get screwed with another 1:00 game. 

Offline Slateman

« Reply #217: October 09, 2012, 08:22:31 AM »
The only west coast series is the Tigers-A's series as the Reds-Giants are playing out their series in Cincy.  Still, like you, I do have a bad feeling about this and I wouldn't be surprised if we get screwed with another 1:00 game. 

But those teams are West Coast teams.

I just checked SH again. One line said 1pm the other said TBD. *Shrugs*

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #218: October 09, 2012, 08:29:33 AM »
But those teams are West Coast teams.

I just checked SH again. One line said 1pm the other said TBD. *Shrugs*

Gotcha.  But the Oakland at Detroit game on MLB Network on Sunday got a noon E.T. start, so MLB screwed them once already too.

Offline CapsnNats

« Reply #219: October 09, 2012, 08:36:08 AM »
Gotcha.  But the Oakland at Detroit game on MLB Network on Sunday got a noon E.T. start, so MLB screwed them once already too.

This is from a fan perspective - but I think that a noon Sunday is different. As the top seed overall, it's unfair that both of our guaranteed home games would be weekday 1pm starts. Most people don't have to skip work on Sundays.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #220: October 09, 2012, 08:36:42 AM »

...but not that many people work Sundays (compare that to our home opus primum tomorrow)...and the larger issue is, if you're playing post-season baseball on a Sunday you're screwed no matter what, going up against the all-conquering NFL Sunday.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #221: October 09, 2012, 08:50:42 AM »
Pebbleball:
One thing about MLBN that hadn't occurred to me.  They were assured of 2 LDS games, so it was either Nationals/Cards or O's/Yankees.  It was probably obvious all along.
I think you nailed it.  MLB Network had to get one game, and with 2 of the series 2-0, there was no way to guarantee a game except to take one of the series playing game 3 on wednesday.  Methinks that had Cinci split with SF, that would have had the 1 PM slot.  TBS gets the two not clearly necessary games at late afternoon and late night.

FWIW, MLB Network had a lot of lunch time games during the regular season.  I guess they are comfortable with that slot.

Offline Ray D

« Reply #222: October 09, 2012, 08:53:41 AM »
I have all-day meetings Wednesday and Thursday, that have been planned for months, and there is no way I can get out of them. So it is possible I saw my last game of the season yesterday.   Well, it's been a great season.

Offline saratogaslim

« Reply #223: October 09, 2012, 09:13:52 AM »
Seriously bummed! :(  Have to give up my tickets.  Maybe next time...really disappointed with MLB's decision.

Offline BCH89

« Reply #224: October 09, 2012, 09:20:31 AM »
Going to talk to my boss today... hopefully he lets me have off thursday...