Author Topic: Home Game 1 - Word on time?  (Read 11640 times)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Re: Home Game 1 - Word on time?
« Reply #75: October 07, 2012, 12:25:34 PM »
Nah.  If it is a rain out in Bawldimore, they'll just  chew up the travel day with the teams so close to each other and not slide and still play gaem 3 on Wednesday.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #76: October 07, 2012, 08:33:13 PM »
Then what the hell are they waiting for?

Offline Jordanz Meatballz

« Reply #77: October 07, 2012, 08:35:33 PM »
Then what the hell are they waiting for?

To sell more playoff tickets in DC while we still have hope for prime time games?

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #78: October 07, 2012, 08:52:36 PM »
To sell more playoff tickets in DC while we still have hope for prime time games?

That game is sold out as are all of the NLDS games.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #79: October 07, 2012, 08:55:54 PM »

No to squeeze every last bit of ratings out of the games.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #80: October 07, 2012, 08:56:22 PM »
I wish the national media would rip baseball a new one.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #81: October 07, 2012, 08:56:47 PM »
I wish the national media would rip baseball a new one.

They don't do that on the daily?

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #82: October 07, 2012, 08:58:10 PM »
They don't do that on the daily?

This is egregious.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #83: October 07, 2012, 09:00:01 PM »
No to squeeze every last bit of ratings out of the games.

Not following you. Please explain. How does not announcing the game times for the NLDS games in DC impact ratings?

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #84: October 07, 2012, 09:03:52 PM »
Not following you. Please explain. How does not announcing the game times for the NLDS games in DC impact ratings?

There's a possiblity that two series may wrap up on Tuesday.  Some think M(ajor) L(oser) B(ud) may wait to set game times until they know how many games will be played that day.  They'll probably also want a team like the Yankees to be featured on the primetime game.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #85: October 07, 2012, 09:06:44 PM »

Might impact national ratings - if game 3 turns out to be a big game for the Cards/Nats they might move it closer to prime time where they believe it might get more ratings than another game in the same spot.

Also the A's might be eliminated by Wednesday (and possibly the Giants too), so they want to make sure that there aren't unused time slots based on a game that does not need to be played.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #86: October 07, 2012, 09:07:27 PM »
There's a possiblity that two series may wrap up on Tuesday.  Some think M(ajor) L(oser) B(ud) may wait to set game times until they know how many games will be played that day.  They'll probably also want a team like the Yankees to be featured on the primetime game.

It wouldn't be the first time that TV got priority over paying customers. Stinks.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #87: October 07, 2012, 09:08:45 PM »
Might impact national ratings - if game 3 turns out to be a big game for the Cards/Nats they might move it closer to prime time where they believe it might get more ratings than another game in the same spot.

Also the A's might be eliminated by Wednesday (and possibly the Giants too), so they want to make sure that there aren't unused time slots based on a game that does not need to be played.

There ya go making sense again!  ;)

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #88: October 07, 2012, 09:19:37 PM »
Also, TBS is slated to carry three Wednesday games and MLB Network gets the fourth.  So they could have two games going at the same time.  But they probably don't want to say which games are on which network yet, much less set times, since two of the scheduled games might not even take places if those series wrap up Tuesday.  *If* the Giants win tonight to tie their series at 1-1, that might speed this process up a bit since it will mean that they would definitely play Wednesday, leaving Detroit-Oakland as the only question mark.

Offline RL04

« Reply #89: October 07, 2012, 11:46:35 PM »
This just freaking sucks!!!

They don't realize that people need to make plans?

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #90: October 07, 2012, 11:47:52 PM »

Stubhub will get flooded once they announce that it's a day game.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #91: October 07, 2012, 11:52:01 PM »

I tried to tell them on the MLB message board but all they do is count exclamation points.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
« Reply #92: October 08, 2012, 12:33:06 AM »
Yeah. I think it is a given we end up with an afternoon game. Not good for plans.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #93: October 08, 2012, 12:39:33 AM »
Yeah. I think it is a given we end up with an afternoon game. Not good for plans.

The way things are looking, there may only be two games Wednesday.  Might be good for those of us hoping for a late afternoon/evening start.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #94: October 08, 2012, 12:42:27 AM »
The way things are looking, there may only be two games Wednesday.  Might be good for those of us hoping for a late afternoon/evening start.

I'm praying for a late start. :pray:

for both games

Offline Coladar

« Reply #95: October 08, 2012, 02:10:35 AM »
So once they announce the start, is that it? Like say tomorrow they announce 1pm, Tuesday the Reds sweep. Would the game be locked, or do they move it? Since we won't know the sweep happens until bedtime Tuesday, they'd have to announce the time before then.

Maybe, with any luck, the Reds up 2-0 they'll anticipate a sweep and give them the 1pm assuming the Giants continue to suck hardcore. I've never been as desperate for something outside of my control as I am for us not getting that 1pm start, since as I said, I've got something that's been set for months which is both vital and immoveable. 1pm appointment, should take at most an hour. 4pm would be fine even if traffic would be a total nag.

I guess the Oakland series is pointless to care about, since it's a lock for 10pm. If Detroit sweeps, it means nothing since all the other teams are playing East of the Mississippi, right?

Offline eddiejc1

• http://www.femfour.com
« Reply #96: October 08, 2012, 05:23:20 AM »

Nah. They will put the Yankees game in prime time no matter WHAT the situation is for the other series

Offline eddiejc1

« Reply #97: October 08, 2012, 05:29:10 AM »
So once they announce the start, is that it? Like say tomorrow they announce 1pm, Tuesday the Reds sweep. Would the game be locked, or do they move it? Since we won't know the sweep happens until bedtime Tuesday, they'd have to announce the time before then.

Maybe, with any luck, the Reds up 2-0 they'll anticipate a sweep and give them the 1pm assuming the Giants continue to suck hardcore. I've never been as desperate for something outside of my control as I am for us not getting that 1pm start, since as I said, I've got something that's been set for months which is both vital and immoveable. 1pm appointment, should take at most an hour. 4pm would be fine even if traffic would be a total nag.

I guess the Oakland series is pointless to care about, since it's a lock for 10pm. If Detroit sweeps, it means nothing since all the other teams are playing East of the Mississippi, right?

I don't think the Oakland game is necessarily a lock for 10 PM, because the networks may assume there are people in Detroit who want to watch the game. If all four games are playing, I would not be surprised if it turned out to be Cards-Nats 12 Noon; Giants-Reds 3 PM; Tigers-A's 6PM (3PM PDT); O's-Yanks 9PM.

Offline eddiejc1

« Reply #98: October 08, 2012, 05:31:59 AM »
Also, TBS is slated to carry three Wednesday games and MLB Network gets the fourth.  So they could have two games going at the same time.  But they probably don't want to say which games are on which network yet, much less set times, since two of the scheduled games might not even take places if those series wrap up Tuesday.  *If* the Giants win tonight to tie their series at 1-1, that might speed this process up a bit since it will mean that they would definitely play Wednesday, leaving Detroit-Oakland as the only question mark.

Cincinnati 9 San Francisco 0
New York 7 Baltimore 2

I think there's a good chance the Reds won't be playing come Wednesday.

Offline GoodOmens

« Reply #99: October 08, 2012, 11:07:20 AM »
Adam Kilgore just tweeted "MLB expects to announce the start time for Game 3 early this afternoon. Pure guess: the Nats play mid-afternoon. But we should know soon."