Author Topic: Home Game 1 - Word on time?  (Read 11644 times)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Re: Home Game 1 - Word on time?
« Reply #50: October 05, 2012, 04:54:47 PM »
I'm so freaking pumped. This could be the greatest 8 days in sports for me IF the teams in question cooperate. Redskins on Sunday, Nats on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (if necessary) and then Redskins again the following Sunday. I usually wait until Saturday to gather the things for the Sunday tailgate but I've already got everything done. I'll probably tap into the alcohol supplies and need to replenish by tomorrow night though.  :lol: 

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #51: October 05, 2012, 04:59:33 PM »
Whenever it is, I'm going to try to get there for batting practice...something I don't think I have done since '05.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #52: October 05, 2012, 05:02:06 PM »
That, and I don't want our team to have to deal with daytime baseball when we were the best in the entire MLB!

Reminder: I just don't want to take off work to go to the Nats game!

Point:Counterpoint

I would LOVE to take the day off for the Washington Nationals first home playoff game in two generations....

I will be there no matter what.

Offline Ray D

« Reply #53: October 05, 2012, 05:02:10 PM »
I'm getting the sinking feeling that MLB plans to wait until the outcome of Tuesday games before setting the Wednesday schedule - unless all the series are tied at 1-1.  But if one or more teams can be eliminated Tuesday, they won't know how many games will be played Wednesday until those Tuesday games are done, and they won't set the schedule without knowing how many games there are and who is playing.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #54: October 05, 2012, 05:03:34 PM »
I'm so freaking pumped. This could be the greatest 8 days in sports for me IF the teams in question cooperate. Redskins on Sunday, Nats on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (if necessary) and then Redskins again the following Sunday. I usually wait until Saturday to gather the things for the Sunday tailgate but I've already got everything done. I'll probably tap into the alcohol supplies and need to replenish by tomorrow night though.  :lol: 

I'm feelin' it too.   I got tickets to Game 2 NLDS on Thursday and the Steelers are on Thursday night.   I'm hopin' for a 4:30 PM Nats start.   If not, it's the playoffs.   I'll catch the Steelers next time.   I bleed black and gold and it ain't pretty but it's Nats' season.   Next Friday, I'm heading to the Detroit area to visit kin.   If I'm lucky, I'll get to see a game in Detroit too.   I'll take football or baseball if they don't conflict with the Nats.   :)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #55: October 05, 2012, 05:11:39 PM »
The SF-Cinci and the Oak-Det will be either over or 2-1 on Wednesday, while the NYY-WC series will be either 2-0 or 1-1.   The game at Oakland will be the late game unless the series is over. 

Offline santanaf

« Reply #56: October 05, 2012, 05:15:33 PM »
I preemptively put in time off requests for Wed, Thurs, and Fri. Just in case.

Offline santanaf

« Reply #57: October 05, 2012, 05:17:39 PM »
It does sort of suck that the best record in baseball and #1 seed doesn't really get you anything this season. Not a true home field advantage in the NLDS, and no priority on game time.

I would like to see a #1 seed have the pick of opponent and of game scheduling. That's what #1 seed should get.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #58: October 05, 2012, 05:46:34 PM »

:spit: Yeah, the Redskins will beat the Falcons :lmao: :lmao:

Offline Coladar

« Reply #59: October 05, 2012, 06:31:22 PM »
I'm going to murder the scheduler if it is at one. I have a prior engagement, made in March, at 1pm. Literally if my parents died, I would not be able to change it. By God if we go down 0-2 with the retarded home schedule, and that's our only home playoff game, you'll see me next in an insane asylum from cracking.

Hopefully one of the teams sweeps and it is at worst four. The way I see it, Oakland is 10. Yankees get primetime. Reds, being further west, get four. We get one. All teams mentioned are the home team for Weds. So if four games are played, I see us guaranteed to get the 1pm.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #60: October 05, 2012, 06:34:37 PM »
:spit: Yeah, the Redskins will beat the Falcons :lmao: :lmao:

work with me Knorr

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #61: October 05, 2012, 07:48:18 PM »
I guess it's possible if RGIII ignores Kyle Shanahan.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
« Reply #62: October 05, 2012, 07:49:35 PM »
it better be 7 or later.  I'll go regardless of time, but it would be a hell of a lot esier if it were a night game.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #63: October 05, 2012, 09:58:35 PM »
Why? Day baseball is the best baseball...played in the daylight plus no Metrorail hassles.

Sun Monster!  Shadows!

Offline santanaf

« Reply #64: October 05, 2012, 10:56:08 PM »
Sun Monster!  Shadows!

Yeah, Sun Effing Monster.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #65: October 05, 2012, 11:53:12 PM »
One game will be shown on mlb network. I'm hoping they show two at once in primetime.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #66: October 06, 2012, 08:01:56 AM »
I'm getting the sinking feeling that MLB plans to wait until the outcome of Tuesday games before setting the Wednesday schedule - unless all the series are tied at 1-1.  But if one or more teams can be eliminated Tuesday, they won't know how many games will be played Wednesday until those Tuesday games are done, and they won't set the schedule without knowing how many games there are and who is playing.

They can't delay it that long...it could be Wednesday morning before the Tigers/A's game is in the books.

Offline miller10

« Reply #67: October 06, 2012, 08:29:38 AM »
I am  one of the few that hope it's an afternoon game.  I moved a presentation I have to do from Wednesday afternoon to Thursday morning just in case it's a day game.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #68: October 06, 2012, 10:24:37 AM »
Sun Monster!  Shadows!

Not in TBSITH - under cover from no later than 14.30 (and that's in mid-summer - for the finale this past Wednesday I was under cover all the way).

And getting home without having to wait forever for a Yellow line train just makes a good thing better.

Offline RL04

« Reply #69: October 06, 2012, 03:14:17 PM »
I am  one of the few that hope it's an afternoon game.  I moved a presentation I have to do from Wednesday afternoon to Thursday morning just in case it's a day game.

I'm scheduled to go to an important meeting on Wednesday.
I've asked the coordinator to move it.
Haven't said why yet.
No secret, I'll tell them on Tuesday.
I just would like to know what time Wed. game is beforehand.

Offline Jordanz Meatballz

« Reply #70: October 06, 2012, 05:07:15 PM »
This is such BS.  Release the damn start time, MLB

Offline miller10

« Reply #71: October 06, 2012, 05:09:05 PM »
This is such BS.  Release the damn start time, MLB

Amen!

Offline spidernat

« Reply #72: October 06, 2012, 05:21:35 PM »

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #74: October 07, 2012, 10:08:40 AM »
They are probably waiting to see if Yanks/Os gets rained out today.