Author Topic: Who would you most have liked to see enjoy last night?  (Read 2623 times)

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
but actually, seeing livan and willie harris celebrating with us would have been great.

Offline PC

Nook Logan ‏@nookabeast
S/O to @EricMo42, Nook Logan and NATS #1 FAN

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
My grandma. She and my grandfather (he was a rat bastard) used to take the bus from rural VA 3 hours to come to Senators games. She moved in with us when I was a teenager and would listen to O's games (once the Sens moved) on her radio in her bedroom. Once we got cable and would get baseball games on the TV we'd have to be careful (me and the rents weren't baseball fans like she was) not to land on a station showing a game or we were doomed to watch it. :)

She passed in '04, I wish we could have gotten her to a game, she would have loved it. Who knew I'd ever be a fan, but I have to think she'd be pleased.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
My grandma. She and my grandfather (he was a rat bastard) used to take the bus from rural VA 3 hours to come to Senators games. She moved in with us when I was a teenager and would listen to O's games (once the Sens moved) on her radio in her bedroom. Once we got cable and would get baseball games on the TV we'd have to be careful (me and the rents weren't baseball fans like she was) not to land on a station showing a game or we were doomed to watch it. :)

She passed in '04, I wish we could have gotten her to a game, she would have loved it. Who knew I'd ever be a fan, but I have to think she'd be pleased.

Nice recollection.   My folks weren't huge fans.  They just exposed their kids to museums,theater and baseball games. 

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
My grandma.
 . . .
It's in the blood. With your folks, it was just a recessive gene.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
I'm so excited to see Frank Robinson throw out the first pitch Wednesday. A gentleman and a scholar and one hell of a ballplayer is he.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
Arch MacDonald. First Nats broadcaster...radio, 1934. MacDonald's wife said he just about died after every loss. And there were a lot.

Offline Coladar

I'm sure dependent upon your personal belief system, somewhere a bunch of our dearly departeds, whether parents/grandparents/great grandparents or so on, that were DC natives are smiling tonight. Eight decades, but it was worth it. This is our season, the train don't stop until we've got that trophy.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
Livo
Willie Harris
Rick Ankiel

Livo and Willie are awesome and I really liked Rick Ankiel. Shame he needed to be cut this season

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
Livo
Willie Harris
Rick Ankiel

Livo and Willie are awesome and I really liked Rick Ankiel. Shame he needed to be cut this season

Rick... :( he trained Harper well.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Maybe they can have Ankiel throw out a first pitch. he'd have to do it from the outfield to get it on target. ;)

Actually, another veteran who did not quite make it but who contributed to this team's foundation would be Pudge. now that Texas is out of it, perhaps he'd show.  Ankiel tossing to Pudge would be pretty cool.