Author Topic: Please Stop the WAVE  (Read 2231 times)

Offline nickmiser91

Please Stop the WAVE
« Topic Start: September 01, 2012, 07:45:43 PM »
There likely already is a thread for this but... People, if you are at games in the future, please encourage those around to STOP THE WAVE!! It is extremely annoying to those fans who are actually into CHEERING FOR THE NATS. It's just embarrassing that for the most part, the wave is all the average fan will cheer for during most of the game.

Offline sportsfan882

Re: Please Stop the WAVE
« Reply #1: September 01, 2012, 07:47:42 PM »
None of the diehards on this forum do the wave

Offline miller10

« Reply #2: September 01, 2012, 07:57:11 PM »
I am worried about a lot of things, the wave is not one of them.  I am just happy those casual fans are showing up.  Without them, the Nats would not be able to keep putting money into the team.

Online Kevrock

• Troll So Hard University
« Reply #3: September 01, 2012, 08:11:13 PM »
It stops here, guys! It stops here!

Offline Slateman

« Reply #4: September 01, 2012, 08:12:30 PM »
No. In fact Nick, sit down and shut the freak up. I paid for my ticket. Ill do the wave as much as I damn well please. 7 years of bad baseball and you want to get uppity about fans doing possibly themot common move in all of American sports.

Online Kevrock

« Reply #5: September 01, 2012, 08:14:30 PM »
:lmao: Slateman does the wave.

Offline miller10

« Reply #6: September 01, 2012, 08:20:49 PM »
Hell, at least they have not started "who cares?" or "it's all your fault" chants.  The wave would be near the bottom of the list of stupid things fans do at a Caps game.

Online Kevrock

« Reply #7: September 01, 2012, 08:22:50 PM »
In all seriousness, I agree with Miller's first post. I hate the wave but it's whatever as long as people are showing up.

I will get annoyed if people are trying to start it in my section. It's a bigger distraction during an inning if they are trying to start one over and over again.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #8: September 01, 2012, 09:08:55 PM »
:lmao: Slateman does the wave.

Actually, I'm the guy that starts it and then pretends that I'm too cool for it. Meanwhile I'm thoroughly enjoying the guy next to me losing his composure because of the wave. He's so in to the game he gave up a great seat on his couch to watch it from further away with no instant replay, no stats, and no way to argue with anyone else. All while paying 9 bucks a beer.

Real fans do at home and post on WNFF all night long

Offline Bloo

« Reply #9: September 01, 2012, 09:22:36 PM »
Boo Hoo. You have to stand up for two seconds of a game. I mean that's much harder than running an 8k in 90+ degree weather.

Online Kevrock

« Reply #10: September 01, 2012, 09:38:19 PM »
Actually, I'm the guy that starts it and then pretends that I'm too cool for it. Meanwhile I'm thoroughly enjoying the guy next to me losing his composure because of the wave. He's so in to the game he gave up a great seat on his couch to watch it from further away with no instant replay, no stats, and no way to argue with anyone else. All while paying 9 bucks a beer.

Real fans do at home and post on WNFF all night long

wat

Online Jordanz Meatballz

« Reply #11: September 01, 2012, 09:40:21 PM »
freak yo wave and freak yo couch while you're at it.

Online Kevrock

« Reply #12: September 01, 2012, 09:40:34 PM »
Also, aren't you the guy that refuses to attend Nats games because he refuses to spend money on baseball? Where are you doing the wave? Your house while posting on WNFF like a real fan?

Offline Slateman

« Reply #13: September 01, 2012, 09:42:16 PM »
Also, aren't you the guy that refuses to attend Nats games because he refuses to spend money on baseball? Where are you doing the wave? Your house while posting on WNFF like a real fan?

Because I can't afford to go to a game with my wife. And I hate riding Metro. Which I do every day for work.

Online Kevrock

« Reply #14: September 01, 2012, 09:44:34 PM »
I agree on the metro. It's easier to drive to games than metro at this point. I haven't taken the metro all year.

I was just wondering where you do the wave and run into these grump fans. Your post was half trashing fans who don't do the wave and half trashing fans who attend games. It was confusing.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #15: September 01, 2012, 09:52:48 PM »
Cheap bastards

Offline imref

• 1B: The New Hot Corner
« Reply #16: September 01, 2012, 09:57:15 PM »
There likely already is a thread for this but... People, if you are at games in the future, please encourage those around to STOP THE WAVE!! It is extremely annoying to those fans who are actually into CHEERING FOR THE NATS. It's just embarrassing that for the most part, the wave is all the average fan will cheer for during most of the game.

yes!

Offline grizzly

« Reply #17: September 01, 2012, 10:46:55 PM »

Translation:

People, if you are at games in the future, please make others feel self conscious when they do something I don't like!!  It's annoying to the REAL fans who are too busy, you know, cheering.  It's so embarrassing that all of our less superior, average, fans only get enjoyment out of a gimmick.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #18: September 01, 2012, 10:57:59 PM »
Avg. Whatever.  Im trying to watch whos at bat or what happens when contact is made.  As it keeps going around and oeople stand up; the bottom line is I cant see whats going on!

I keep score at games.  I cant record what I cant see.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #19: September 01, 2012, 11:15:16 PM »
Can't wait till I go to the game next Saturday. NOTHING BUT THE WAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dave B

« Reply #20: September 01, 2012, 11:20:21 PM »
Because I can't afford to go to a game with my wife. And I hate riding Metro. Which I do every day for work.

tickets on stubhub for tomorrow are 75 cents as of right now. might cost 6 dollars each after fees

« Reply #21: September 01, 2012, 11:21:32 PM »
makes us look whack as a fan base :rant:

« Reply #22: September 01, 2012, 11:24:12 PM »
tickets on stubhub for tomorrow are 75 cents as of right now. might cost 6 dollars each after fees
theres $5 parking also :money:

Online Kevrock

« Reply #23: September 01, 2012, 11:58:50 PM »
theres $5 parking also :money:

Park for free by the base, it's a short walk. Bring your own food and water. Total cost for a game under $10 including gas.

Offline nickmiser91

« Reply #24: September 02, 2012, 12:47:24 AM »
Its such a low level 'cheer'... It's a JOKE!! You never see the wave happening in Yankee Stadium, Fenway, Wrigley, CBP, or SanFran!  Why?  Because their fans actually pay attention to the game and instead yelling WOOOO!! They'll yell "Let's Go Red Sox!!" Why not replace WOOOO with "Let's Go Nati-on-als!!" Cheer for YOUR team d*****!!   :whip: