Author Topic: Caps/Montreal  (Read 745 times)

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Caps/Montreal
« Topic Start: February 20, 2007, 10:01:14 PM »
Good game...but I fear that Youppi will decide this one.  He's not left the first row all game  :roll:

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
Re: Caps/Montreal
« Reply #1: February 20, 2007, 10:04:44 PM »
The Caps have truly fallen to misery lately...I've turned completely to Nats and Spring Training.  Hopefully they can try again next year.   :'(

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #2: February 20, 2007, 10:08:08 PM »
Caps blew the game in the 1st period.

Time is running out on them.

• babble on
« Reply #3: February 20, 2007, 10:29:11 PM »
Caps have maybe the worst D in the NHL (Heward aside)...but I really don't think that matters at all.  If Ovechkin is slumping, the team is lost.  Thank god Semin scored (finally). 

All that said, Koivu is one of my all-time fave hockey players.  What does he do a week or whatever out of chemotherapy (a few years ago), but instigate a fight in a playoff game (against the Bruins, to wit).  I'm not a big fan of fighting in hockey, but to have a blood cell count in the gutter and no natural hair and to go picking fights with Joe Thornton, well, that's some pugnacious crap  :shock: 

Offline Dave B

« Reply #4: February 21, 2007, 09:13:27 AM »
The Caps have just fallen off a cliff.

Might as well get in the lottery.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #5: February 21, 2007, 09:16:45 AM »
Just miserable.   >:(

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #6: February 21, 2007, 04:24:54 PM »
Caps have maybe the worst D in the NHL (Heward aside)...

LOL LOL LOL LOL

Heward is one of our WORST defenseman. He has a good game every now and then but usually makes some really bad plays in the defensive zone and really isn't that great on the PP or anything.

Our best defenseman is Morrisonn, and that's by a longshot. He's been consistent all year long for a 24 year old getting quality minutes with Pothier, who hinders Morrisonn because well, Pothier shouldn't get those minutes.

• babble on
« Reply #7: February 22, 2007, 12:50:35 AM »
Morr flipped more slop turnovers against the Sharks in the 2nd period than you see during a whole weekend at Fort Dupont.  Gah.  At least Heward has some O to go with his lack of D.

LOL LOL LOL LOL

Heward is one of our WORST defenseman. He has a good game every now and then but usually makes some really bad plays in the defensive zone and really isn't that great on the PP or anything.

Our best defenseman is Morrisonn, and that's by a longshot. He's been consistent all year long for a 24 year old getting quality minutes with Pothier, who hinders Morrisonn because well, Pothier shouldn't get those minutes.